Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2012, 21:42   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Andrew Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
No idea, but we can rely on Boris not to follow the party line.

Boris Johnson slams the fare-dodging 'parasites' who cost Londoners £75m - News - London Evening Standard

Any fare dodger must face the full wrath of the law. No ifs or buts.
I wouldn't be too sure of that gynn, Bet he says sod all about a certain attempted train fare dodger.
Old 20-10-2012, 23:59   #62
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
No idea
I think you do have an idea, actually, Gynn.

If it had been a Labour politico, Graham Jones would've said NOWT about it, just as he'll say nothing about that greedy, grasping Labour MP from Halifax.
Old 21-10-2012, 04:27   #63
Super Moderator

Seems quite a few of 'em are at it, including a third of the shadow cabinet. I wonder if Graham Jones will be tweeting about that?

The gravy train: 185 MPs travel first class and 24 claim for club class flights - Telegraph
Old 21-10-2012, 07:54   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Seems quite a few of 'em are at it, including a third of the shadow cabinet. I wonder if Graham Jones will be tweeting about that?

The gravy train: 185 MPs travel first class and 24 claim for club class flights - Telegraph
The Sunday Telegraph’s investigation into discovered:

- 113 Labour MPs, 48 Tories and 19 Lib Dems have claimed first class rail tickets over the past year. Two Plaid Cymru and three Scottish National Party members bring the total to 185. Somehow i doubt that very much Wyn.
Old 21-10-2012, 15:08   #65

I don't know what all the fuss is concerning the train fare. I used to travel on trains when there was 3rd, 2nd and 1st class compartments and when 3rd class was full have had to pay the extra to the inspector for being seated in 2nd class.

As for the Andrew Mitchell affair, it was fortunate for the police that their 442 page record pushed some of their quite serious misdeeds off the front pages for a month. Did his action really warrant a police delegation from WARWICKSHIRE to travel to London to talk to Mitchell or was that to gain favourable police publicity? Having read some of the police log it reminded me of how annoying some people can be when they repeatedly parrot the same officious phrase. Maybe the reason I'm veering on the side of Mitchell is that I've been known to lose my top with acivilian enforcement officer when being handed a parking fine. I noticed someone else on this board also called first formers "plebs" - this was the accepted term at the grammar school I attended in Yorkshire back in the 1950s.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 15:11   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Maybe the reason yer veering to the side of Mitchell is yer a Tory?
Old 21-10-2012, 15:15   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Maybe the reason yer veering to the side of Mitchell is yer a Tory?
I've already mentioned I've got Scottish and Yorkshire blood - why would I throw money away joining any political club?
Old 21-10-2012, 15:17   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
I've already mentioned I've got Scottish and Yorkshire blood - why would I throw money away joining any political club?
I never said yeh were in the club Lucy, too much of a gentleman.
Old 21-10-2012, 15:23   #69
God Member

I don't agree with having a class system on trains.

It is financial apartheid.

Comfort at a reasonable level should be available to all users.

The fact that there is a 1st class is an excuse to provide others with a substandard service, on the basis that if you want comfort you have to pay extra for it.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 15:27   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I don't agree with having a class system on trains.

It is financial apartheid.

Comfort at a reasonable level should be available to all users.

The fact that there is a 1st class is an excuse to provide others with a substandard service, on the basis that if you want comfort you have to pay extra for it.
Can't argue wi that at all, But there is a class system n it goes against me craw when rich creeps abuse it.
Old 21-10-2012, 15:32   #71
God Member

If those rich creeps had to travel with 'plebs' maybe the standard of comfort for all would be improved.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 16:40   #72
Beacon of light

Margaret, those rich creeps would have us plebs ruin at back of the train...they would like us to go back to Donkey transport...that would put us firmly in our place(tugs forelock - his!)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 08:14   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I never said yeh were in the club Lucy, too much of a gentleman.
lol - good one
Old 22-10-2012, 08:59   #74
I am Banned

Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 22:11   #75
God Member

Cameron has plenty of form when it comes to clinging on to his selections for high posts in this Government...the only person he sacked was George Young for saying "we'd never had it so good" last year..... lo and behold he has now made George Young the new chief whip!.. you coudn't make it up..could you?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..