Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2012, 23:00   #76
Super Moderator

Re: Andrew Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Cameron has plenty of form when it comes to clinging on to his selections for high posts in this Government...the only person he sacked was George Young for saying "we'd never had it so good" last year..... lo and behold he has now made George Young the new chief whip!.. you coudn't make it up..could you?
Blair brought Mandelson back twice!
Old 23-10-2012, 02:09   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Blair brought Mandelson back twice!
Yep they are as bad as each other.. David Laws has been brought back into the cabinet..he's the bloke that claimed 35k for rent in a flat for his secret lover until it was no longer a secret.. Laws is the man that proposed the ending of tax credits saying they were "A means of the low paid to rely on welfare"..I'd say David Laws is a benefit fraud..but Cameron would say he made a mistake in the heat of the moment.

Last edited by Mancie; 23-10-2012 at 02:14.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 02:47   #78
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yep they are as bad as each other
Got it in one, Mancie, owd lad!
Old 23-10-2012, 02:52   #79
God Member

Ah but should this man get a second chance?...
BBC News - David Laws deserved second chance, David Cameron says
for me he don't... Cameron and Clegg seem to be the higher judges of the law in this land.

Last edited by Mancie; 23-10-2012 at 02:54.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 03:43   #80
Super Moderator

Quote:
for me he don't... Cameron and Clegg seem to be the higher judges of the law in this land.
No, but then again, neither should Mandy!
Old 23-10-2012, 03:54   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I wouldn't be too sure of that gynn, Bet he says sod all about a certain attempted train fare dodger.
Oh for the days when you could get a helluva long way on a tupp'ny platform ticket

Come to think about it, Accy to Ossy one way was only 1 1/2d
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 12:43   #82
I am Banned

Quote:
David Cameron;
His great-great-grandfather, Alexander Geddes, who had made a fortune in the grain trade in Chicago, and returned to Scotland in the 1880s

Through his paternal grandmother, Enid Agnes Maud Levita, Cameron is a lineal descendant of King William IV by his mistress Dorothea Jordan. This illegitimate line consists of five generations of women starting with Elizabeth Hay, Countess of Erroll, née FitzClarence, William and Jordan's sixth child, through to Cameron's grandmother (thereby making Cameron a 5th cousin of Queen Elizabeth II)

David Cameron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nick Clegg.
Clegg was born in 1967 in Chalfont St Giles in Buckinghamshire. He is the third of four children of Nicholas Peter Clegg, CBE, the chairman of United Trust Bank, and a former trustee of the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation (where Ken Clarke was an adviser). On his father's side of the family Clegg is related to Kira von Engelhardt, daughter of a Russian baron of German, Polish, and Ukrainian origin, Ignaty Zakrevsky, an attorney general of the Imperial Russian senate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Clegg ... and_family

How did his ancestor make his fortue? - ''Made a fortune in the grain trade in Chicago, and returned to Scotland in the 1880s'' - SLAVERY!!!!!!

Freemasons
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 18:01   #83
Senior Member+

I quoted a police officer in my start to this thread. It got me a warning from the administrators for use of bad language. I took this on the chin because I knew I was only quoting a police source.

Now it seems I was wrong. Allegedly it was a police stitch up. For which I apologise to the forum.

Stupid of me to think we lived in a country where you can trust the word of a police officer.

gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 18:06   #84
Beacon of light

In every large organisation there are bound to be those who will abuse their authority.
You need look no further than the Palace of Westminster.
Do those 'honourable' gentlemen tell the truth?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 18:15   #85
Beacon of light

Andrew Mitchell admitted failing to comply with instructions from the police officer, arguing the toss and then swearing at the officer(and he resigned of his own volition - even though his position was made tenuous by the press)....whether or not he called him a pleb is immaterial.......Andrew Mitchell thought himself to be above the law......all the rest is just a smoke sceen.
Maybe now, the politicians will appreciate what it is like to get a taste of their own medicine(not being completely honest).

And before anyone takes me to task about the integrity of the policve....I agree...they should be above suspicion....but look at the Hillsborough situation.
That was institutional dishonesty on a grand scale.
Greeny and gynn like this.
Old 23-12-2012, 20:49   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
I quoted a police officer in my start to this thread. It got me a warning from the administrators for use of bad language. I took this on the chin because I knew I was only quoting a police source.

Now it seems I was wrong. Allegedly it was a police stitch up. For which I apologise to the forum.

Stupid of me to think we lived in a country where you can trust the word of a police officer.

What I thought strange was the number of times the police called the TV cameras in to record on film their official statements about the Mitchell affair. Eventually I suspected they were using the incident to move Hillsborough and their deplorable actions at that time off the front pages. Now that we the public have seen via the street camera film that there were no independent witnesses, as per the original official statement, I question whether any of the police hierarchy had satisfied themselves that they had all the evidence before they made public speeches.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 21:01   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post

Not stupid gynn naive.
gynn likes this.
Old 24-12-2012, 11:03   #88
Beacon of light

All this furore, with Andrew Mitchell brings to mind a phrase with 'Pot, Kettle and black in it'.
It just seems a bit ironic now the boot is on the other foot.
Old 24-12-2012, 12:11   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
All this furore, with Andrew Mitchell brings to mind a phrase with 'Pot, Kettle and black in it'.
It just seems a bit ironic now the boot is on the other foot.
I don't see it that way. Mitchell admitted straight away that he''d cursed. The police on the other hand embellished the happening and even made up evidence.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 12:38   #90
Beacon of light

What I meant was.....the politicians freely lie about things, but howl like girls when the police are alleged to have given them a taste of their own medicine........not that I am saying it is right for the police to fabricate evidence or to tell lies........I don't believe they should...they should be above suspicion, but the debacle that was Hillsborough tells us that this is nothing new.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..