Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2008, 16:15   #1
Resting in Peace

Another Spears moment

See its happened again, more government information lost, Oops I did it again must be top of the pops in the home office. This time its details of over 30,000 criminals lost by a firm working for the home offices, no doubt they'll all be after suing the government. and this lot want to have identity cards with all our personal details on them, they should coco
Old 23-08-2008, 08:43   #2
Loz

Re: Another Spears moment

Read about this and could not believe the incompetence of this man!
Now these criminals could not only sue but get protection from gangs etc... which is yet another thing we are going to have to pay for.
Like you said Jay they can take a running jump with the id cards, they just can't be trusted with any information.
Old 24-08-2008, 12:22   #3
Super Moderator

Jacqui Smith (AKA Blunderwoman)was told about this on Tuesday. Now I understand why she spent the next two days announcing new initiatives. First, she used the Gary Glitter pantomine to promise tough new legislation to remove sex offender's passports...which is now in doubt because of the human rights act (introduced by this government). Then, she said she was recruiting 6,000 extra special constables, despite the Home Office saying that they were dropping the recruitment of community support officers.

It's not the grubby opportunism and deceit that bothers me - I've come to expect that from this government. It's their sheer stupidity in believing that these non-announcements would somehow provide a smokescreen to cover the scandalous inefficiency of yet another loss of sensitive details. ID cards?...I wouldn't trust this lot to run a chip shop!
Old 24-08-2008, 12:48   #4
God Member

I think this sums it up.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg homeoffice.jpg (65.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 24-08-2008, 13:02   #5
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Another Spears moment

As Home Secretary the buck stops with her, so she should get the chop but the real culprit is the private company that lost the details and if there is any suing to be done it should be that company and not the government.

This beggars the question what is a private company, presumably in business to make a profit, doing with these sort of details? When was this private company brought into the action? And why? When was it announced?

It seems to me that for years, what used to be government departments, have quietly been farmed out to the private sector. Why?
Old 24-08-2008, 13:09   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
As Home Secretary the buck stops with her, so she should get the chop but the real culprit is the private company that lost the details and if there is any suing to be done it should be that company and not the government.[/SIZE][/FONT]

It seems to me that for years, what used to be government departments, have quietly been farmed out to the private sector. Why?
agree thats were the buck stops, as fer why, many things have been farmed out, in different areas, all to the detriment of the public why? cos they can please themselves, anything fer n easy life, the british public will put up with it.
Old 24-08-2008, 13:38   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's an idea they picked up from the Tories. Unfortunately, the privatisation chickens are now coming home to roost in so many different ways from rip-off gas and electric prices to lost databases.
Old 24-08-2008, 14:02   #8
God Member

Quote:
So that governments can claim to be 'efficiently reducing the civil service' and reducing the government wage bill.

What was paid out in wages, now is paid out in governments contracts, to companies who have shareholders and low paid workers.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 09:18   #9
Resting in Peace

Seems funny that there are now 800, 000 more civil servants now that there were in 1997, don't seem like cutting the wage bill myself.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..