Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 09:49   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Another special thanks to HBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Ours was on November still when I looked at it today to see if 2012 was on it. I only look at it to remind me which bin to put out and its not often I can't tell by how full the grey bin is. It lives on the back of a cupboard door, its not pretty enough to be on the wall.

The bin thing only made me laugh because the recycling calendar has been mentioned many times on here before.
Um talking about calendars
Old 04-01-2012, 11:14   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I can't tell by how full the grey bin is. It lives on the back of a cupboard door, its not pretty enough to be on the wall.
Does hanging your bin on a cupboard door not make it hard work to take down & put out?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:45   #18
Give, give, give member

I'm a Monday collection, and missed mine, because it was on the Saturday of Christmas Eve.

Luckily there's only me, and I can manage, as I eat most of my rubbish.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:58   #19

I think that HBC have had great bin collections over the festive periods for years. (weather permitting). Always had a collection between Christmas and New year unlike many other parts of the country.
And we are informed of a change in collection days.
Old 04-01-2012, 13:16   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider61 View Post
And we are informed of a change in collection days.
when ?

where ?

because whatever method they used a hell of a lot of people didnt get their bins emptied .

edit:

by calendar apparently.Dont think mine lasted a week lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 04-01-2012 at 13:20.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 15:15   #21
Resting in Peace

Well, Accyman, it's your own fault for throwing out your calendar.

It is very informative with pretty pictures and all collection dates. It even has a form you can fill in with your 'helpful' comments on their services. Printed on recyclable paper too.

Would have thought, with you being computer au fait, you would know that you can access this calendar on line.

Go on, try it :

Hyndburn Borough Council - Refuse Collection Search - Search

BTW.... if you had a Christmas tree, this will be collected in Oswaldtwistle and Knuzden on 17th January this year.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 17:27   #22
God Member

if it was that calendar with old people grinning on it taken in a park then yes i got one but didnt take to it infact i think i got it around march .

As for visiting HBC website i just assumed it was as good as its forum and dont bother with it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 17:41   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if it was that calendar with old people grinning on it taken in a park then yes i got one but didnt take to it infact i think i got it around march .

As for visiting HBC website i just assumed it was as good as its forum and dont bother with it
Well surely it will be fine now, seeing all the moaning that was done by Jonesy
Old 04-01-2012, 20:03   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
No, that's not the one. Sounds like one of Cllr. Britcliffe's attempts, but could be the Friends of Rhyddings Park calendar.
This is yours for this year ... please note your Christmas collections ...as normal (Monday collection 'Christmas Eve') .. don't forget is Leap Year.

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...uth%202012.pdf

Shall I wipe your nose for you too... LOL. xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well surely it will be fine now, seeing all the moaning that was done by Jonesy
And your point is ? No, don't answer that, Jaysay.

I think the HBC website is good (approved by the Tories I think .. only as good as their employees/consultants) .. look around other councils' websites .. they are a labyrinth of total confusion.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..