Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: do we arm the rebels ?
yes 0 0%
no 11 100.00%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2013, 16:58   #61
Senior Member+

Re: are we heading to world war 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Points well made Barrie.

The Joint Intelligence Committee's findings meanwhile are:

The sheer number of images could not have been forged.

The victims symptoms are consistent with exposure to Sarin.

The scale of attack would require artillery and aircraft available only to the Assad regime and not to the rebels.

IMHO That's an expert judgement from people better placed and qualified than me.
But the USA used Agent Orange in Vietnam which is a chemical weapon in massive quantities causing massive contamination and 1/2 Million children born with birth defects, 400,000 people killed or maimed directly.

Agent Orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also Non Depleted Uranium has been used in Iraq and Afghanistan in Bombs dropped by USA/Coalition- causing birth defects and leukimia in children!

What's the difference? Syria is rammed down our throats by the media and powers that be as a war crime, while these uses of chemical weapons are left in the dustbin of history and are not used to brainwash people into thinking we need military action.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2013, 17:09   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Seriously......lets see, one minute your using ypur favorite medium, copy paste, to claim the world is about to end, then when cool heads prevail, you use the same to have a dig at the government.
Shame you never did this when your friends were in power, not once
I've give over bothering with the divvy, not worth answering
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 17:23   #63
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Points well made Barrie.

IMHO That's an expert judgement from people better placed and qualified than me.
Or even, more expert than our panic monger c'mon.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 17:53   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Points well made Barrie.

The Joint Intelligence Committee's findings meanwhile are:

The sheer number of images could not have been forged.

The victims symptoms are consistent with exposure to Sarin.

The scale of attack would require artillery and aircraft available only to the Assad regime and not to the rebels.

The JIC findings - Aren't they the ones who decided that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction?
Number of images - who produced the images?
My memory tells me that if you suspected exposure to nerve agents you jabbed the anti-dote dispenser into your thigh ASAP and prayed.
Chemical and biological agents can be dispensed by mortar rounds, artillery shells and ground to ground missiles ( remember Hezbollah firing them into Israel?)
I don't say that my comments are the gospel but one can get disinformation as well as information from the authorities of any government or government agency.
Old 29-08-2013, 17:55   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've give over bothering with the divvy, not worth answering
He's not the only one Jay
Old 29-08-2013, 18:44   #66
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
But the USA used Agent Orange in Vietnam which is a chemical weapon

Also Non Depleted Uranium has been used in Iraq and Afghanistan in Bombs dropped by USA/Coalition
Agent Orange wasn't a chemical weapon as such, it was a chemical used to defoliate & destroy plants & brush, denying the NVA & Vietcong the cover they required to move men equipment & supplies. The fact that it caused birth defects & illness to the combatants & non combatants, friend & foe alike was due to the American government remaining tight lipped about the side effects so no one would baulk at its use.

Depleted Uranium is another beast entirely, its use is as a hardened metal to give punch to armour piercing munitions. Its deployment isn't with the intention of it being a "nuclear weapon", but the penetration it provides. Unfortunately, residue & dust are inevitable after impact & explosion, raising the background levels of radiation at the point of impact & battle field areas.
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 29-08-2013, 19:42   #67
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
The JIC findings - Aren't they the ones who decided that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction?

I don't say that my comments are the gospel but one can get disinformation as well as information from the authorities of any government or government agency.
You are being disingenuous Mr Yates. JIC = Joint Intelligence Committee.
Are you suggesting they are the very self same people who decided on Saddams weaponry? Surely not.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 20:54   #68
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Agent Orange wasn't a chemical weapon as such, it was a chemical used to defoliate & destroy plants & brush, denying the NVA & Vietcong the cover they required to move men equipment & supplies. The fact that it caused birth defects & illness to the combatants & non combatants, friend & foe alike was due to the American government remaining tight lipped about the side effects so no one would baulk at its use.

Depleted Uranium is another beast entirely, its use is as a hardened metal to give punch to armour piercing munitions. Its deployment isn't with the intention of it being a "nuclear weapon", but the penetration it provides. Unfortunately, residue & dust are inevitable after impact & explosion, raising the background levels of radiation at the point of impact & battle field areas.
I thought Tungsten Carbide was used in armour piercing weapons, its supposed to be the next hardest thing to diamonds, so why use depleted Uranium if its not for the side effects.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 21:33   #69
God Member

defeat for the tories by 13 votes . william hague should resign
Old 30-08-2013, 06:34   #70
Beacon of light

Why?
What would you have said if David Cameron had not called for a vote..or if the vote had gone the other way...or if the MP's had voted against involvement and DC had decided to override their vote?

You really take the biscuit. I do not recall any of this, when that famous middle east peace envoy Tony Blair was in power....and where is he now? Certainly not brokering any peace deals to seek a sttlement to the current situation.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 09:44   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I thought Tungsten Carbide was used in armour piercing weapons, its supposed to be the next hardest thing to diamonds, so why use depleted Uranium if its not for the side effects.
That used to be the case and still is to a certain extent, but I think it is the "mass" of the DU -approx. 19g/cu cm, which is much higher than lead makes it a more effective round, DU rounds are normally of the sabot type with the DU used as the penetrator.
DU is also used as shielding against radiation in a number of medical applications.
Old 30-08-2013, 16:17   #72
God Member

There is no doubt in my mind that the tory leaders will attempt to change public opinion about intervention in Syria.

How are they likely to do that? - By providing us with a dose of biological terror warfare on UK mainland and blaming 'terrorists'.

They wouldn't dare ! - would they? - they have done it before.

Millions were in germ war tests | Politics | The Observer
Porton Down MoD experiments on the city of Norwich

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 17:01   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
As BG says cool heads until the findings of the investigators is published. What's wrong with that?

A point for consideration for those who say " it was the rebels wot done it"
Without question the Assad military has been bombing the rebel enclaves for more than 12 months now with all kinds of ordnance. Fact.
The weapon of choice/delivery system changes but the target remains the same. Would the naysayers and conspiracy advocates have us believe

they have been bombarding their own all these months?
If Assad done it, then he should know better that he's courting serious trouble - so why would he?

It was on the BBC News today (which gives it credence in the eyes of those who believe the BBC with out question) that the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia are providing weaponry to the rebels to over throw Assad.
Old 30-08-2013, 17:04   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Just because they didn't call it chemical weaponry doesn't mean it wasn't chemical weaponry!

Like wise Gulf War Syndrome has been denied by the Government yet soldiers still complain of it.
Old 30-08-2013, 17:13   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that the tory leaders will attempt to change public opinion about intervention in Syria.

How are they likely to do that? - By providing us with a dose of biological terror warfare on UK mainland and blaming 'terrorists'.

They wouldn't dare ! - would they? - they have done it before.

Millions were in germ war tests | Politics | The Observer
Porton Down MoD experiments on the city of Norwich
You really are a piece of work, which is evident by the links you put up, your getting worse than Jock Strap
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..