Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: do we arm the rebels ?
yes 0 0%
no 11 100.00%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2013, 18:21   #76
JFT96

Re: are we heading to world war 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
It was on the BBC News today (which gives it credence in the eyes of those who believe the BBC with out question) that the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia are providing weaponry to the rebels to over throw Assad.
You omit to say that the Syrian Government have made this claim, not the BBC, after all the job of any journalist is simply to report.
It is interesting that you still question the validity of the BBC, would it be better if I watched Al Jazzera? or even your personal favorite channel*, the Russian State Propaganda Machine, Russia Today?

Any chance of a link of this 'fact' being reported by the BBC? It seems not to be on their website and as such I am not able to verify your facts

The sad reality is simple, innocent people are being killed, the Syrian Regime has the the weaponry and the desire to use chemical warfare. They would of course try to bluff their way out of it, it's propaganda. The Russians have a Naval base in the Syrian port of Tartus, which shows whose side they are on.

Should we sit on the sidlines and let people die for no good reason, Neville Chamberlain might have, but it does not make it right.

*You started a thread called 'Russia Today V the BBC News!' dated, 01/05/2013, heck you even argued with me about the validity of RT's reporting on a few posts, you gave up after a while, but in case you forgot your opening post was
Quote:
Does anyone watch the freeview news channel Russia Today?

RT

It's worth watching as it gives a totally opposite view to the BBC or British Brainwashing Corporation; perception of news events!

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2013, 18:36   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
You omit to say that the Syrian Government have made this claim, not the BBC, after all the job of any journalist is simply to report.
It is interesting that you still question the validity of the BBC, would it be better if I watched Al Jazzera? or even your personal favorite channel*, the Russian State Propaganda Machine, Russia Today?

Any chance of a link of this 'fact' being reported by the BBC? It seems not to be on their website and as such I am not able to verify your facts

The sad reality is simple, innocent people are being killed, the Syrian Regime has the the weaponry and the desire to use chemical warfare. They would of course try to bluff their way out of it, it's propaganda. The Russians have a Naval base in the Syrian port of Tartus, which shows whose side they are on.

Should we sit on the sidlines and let people die for no good reason, Neville Chamberlain might have, but it does not make it right.

*You started a thread called 'Russia Today V the BBC News!' dated, 01/05/2013, heck you even argued with me about the validity of RT's reporting on a few posts, you gave up after a while, but in case you forgot your opening post was
Your wasting your time BG, you'd be better off going outside and talking to the trees, you'd get more sense
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 18:42   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your wasting your time BG, you'd be better off going outside and talking to the trees, you'd get more sense
Seems to run in the family.
Old 30-08-2013, 19:02   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Seriously......lets see, one minute your using ypur favorite medium, copy paste, to claim the world is about to end, then when cool heads prevail, you use the same to have a dig at the government.
Shame you never did this when your friends were in power, not once
the tory leadership wanted ed grew a set of balls and common sense prevailed ive always said the biggest mistake of the last government was Iraq. it wasn't the first time Britain went to war with Iraq the tories were in power then . I set up a democratic poll that was open to everybody I didn't claim it was going to be end of the world that's only in your head
Old 30-08-2013, 19:15   #80
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the tory leadership wanted ed grew a set of balls and common sense prevailed ive always said the biggest mistake of the last government was Iraq. it wasn't the first time Britain went to war with Iraq the tories were in power then . I set up a democratic poll that was open to everybody I didn't claim it was going to be end of the world that's only in your head
When did you first comment ypur distaste at your beloved Labour Governments stance on Iraq? You never once said a bad thing against them before the General Election.

I have not claimed the end is nigh, I suggest you get ypur facts right

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 19:46   #81

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Grew a pair???? Don't make me laugh!

Once again, he forced his MP's to vote the way HE wanted, no risk at all, what price democracy in the Labour party?. In fact maybe at the next election he should stand in every single seat, it would be more honest than a local Labour candidate claiming he would represent you if you voted for him.

Caligula allowed his senate more freedom than dunderhead Milliband allows his MP's.
Old 30-08-2013, 20:03   #82
God Member

he did a clever counter move by bringing up this amendment to prove david Cameron and hague would lose the main vote.. I don't think its over yet . taxpayers money could be used arming the Syrian rebels whoever they are

David Cameron's support for Syria uprising questioned over top aide's links to rebels - Mirror Online
Old 30-08-2013, 20:05   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Grew a pair???? Don't make me laugh!

Once again, he forced his MP's to vote the way HE wanted, no risk at all, what price democracy in the Labour party?. In fact maybe at the next election he should stand in every single seat, it would be more honest than a local Labour candidate claiming he would represent you if you voted for him.

Caligula allowed his senate more freedom than dunderhead Milliband allows his MP's.
you would probably say he was a weak leader if the majority never followed the whip
Old 30-08-2013, 20:25   #84
Beacon of light

Quote:
ive always said the biggest mistake of the last government was Iraq.
Heck...you mean to tell me that you criticised the last government....you might always have said that the biggest mistake of the last government was Iraq...but I don't recall you saying it on here.
In fact my recollections tell me that you were very quiet about the many failures of the last incumbents.
DAV007 and BERNADETTE like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 20:59   #85

Quote:
you would probably say he was a weak leader if the majority never followed the whip
On the contrary, I'm proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a weak leader BECAUSE he has to use the whip.

He cannot debate his party into following him, so he uses the threat of deselection and career destruction. In any other employment situation he'd be in front of a tribunal for harassment!
Old 30-08-2013, 21:22   #86
God Member

that's politics I think 99.9% of labour mps wouldn't care as long as they defeated Cameron and his cronies. they actually might be listening to the public lets hope they don't grasp defeat in the jaws of victory by supporting the supplying weapons to the Syrian rebels.
Old 30-08-2013, 22:20   #87

On a lighter note.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 554494_10202171218908750_862706109_n.jpg (23.9 KB, 11 views)
Guinness likes this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 22:21   #88

Or this angle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 971618_630693876970529_1840539496_n.jpg (33.8 KB, 8 views)
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 22:29   #89

Quote:
that's politics I think 99.9% of labour mps wouldn't care as long as they defeated Cameron and his cronies. they actually might be listening to the public lets hope they don't grasp defeat in the jaws of victory by supporting the supplying weapons to the Syrian rebels.
Oddly enough you are almost correct.... it's actually 100% of Labour MP's that don't care that kids are being burned alive by incendiary bombs in their playgrounds or that people are being gassed on the street.... as long as they defeat Cameron and his cronies. Which is why the vote was forced the way it was yesterday.

Yet Graham Jones has been banging on about the 'heart rending' sights of the kids in poverty on his fact finding trip to Rwanda....

talk about double standards!
Old 31-08-2013, 00:30   #90
Senior Member+

I think politics is best represented by people in forums like c'mon.... no wonder this world is effed
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..