Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 13:20   #31
God Member

Re: Asda Restrict Alchohol Sales

He knows ya know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hylda Baker.jpg (4.7 KB, 2 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2008, 16:46   #32
God Member

ASDA has never sold alcohol past 10pm as far as I was aware... they put barriers out at the one in Heysham so that u cant go down to aisles to get it.

Stores dont have to sell their products even if there isn't a time limit, so Asda could refuse you beer at 5pm if they wanted to and there is nothing under law that could help you, as it's all part of contract law and ASDA don't contract with you just because you've taken an item to the till...
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 16:49   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
ASDA has never sold alcohol past 10pm as far as I was aware... they put barriers out at the one in Heysham so that u cant go down to aisles to get it.

Stores dont have to sell their products even if there isn't a time limit, so Asda could refuse you beer at 5pm if they wanted to and there is nothing under law that could help you, as it's all part of contract law and ASDA don't contract with you just because you've taken an item to the till...
they have blazey i nip out many a time after midnight n me n everyone whose in is buying wine,booze etc
Old 08-03-2008, 16:53   #34
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Asda used to restrict the sale of booze. but when the extended licensing hours came in the restrictions got lifted I usually go to Asda about 6-ooam on Saturdays and people are buying booze.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 16:54   #35
God Member

Quote:
ASDA has never sold alcohol past 10pm as far as I was aware...
They have been doing it for years.
Old 08-03-2008, 16:54   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZY View Post
Asda used to restrict the sale of booze. but when the extended licensing hours came in the restrictions got lifted I usually go to Asda about 6-ooam on Saturdays and people are buying booze.
They don't do that here, I went to ASDA on my birthday last month at 1am and they had the barriers up. Guess it depends on the asda and its policies.
Old 08-03-2008, 16:55   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
They have been doing it for years.
The one here doesn't, and obviously I haven't been buying alcohol for years
Old 08-03-2008, 17:05   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well yer aware they do now.
Old 08-03-2008, 17:07   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well yer aware they do now.
I don't often see the need to buy alcohol from asda after 10pm. I don't think it will have a major impact on my life, and as they already restrict it here anyway, and I get very little opportunity to go all the way to Asda, it really doesn't matter to me
Old 08-03-2008, 17:09   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I don't often see the need to buy alcohol from asda after 10pm. I don't think it will have a major impact on my life, and as they already restrict it here anyway, and I get very little opportunity to go all the way to Asda, it really doesn't matter to me
then why were ya opening yer big gob again if it don't really matter to ya?
Old 08-03-2008, 17:11   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
then why were ya opening yer big gob again if it don't really matter to ya?
I'm just saying that I always thought Asda didn't have 24hr licencing on alcohol?

There's a lot of things said on the forum that don't really affect me as an individual but I have an opinion on them. Capital punishment for example has no relevance to me as I dont intend to kill or be killed, but I still have a stance on it.
Old 08-03-2008, 17:15   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I'm just saying that I always thought Asda didn't have 24hr licencing on alcohol?

There's a lot of things said on the forum that don't really affect me as an individual but I have an opinion on them. Capital punishment for example has no relevance to me as I dont intend to kill or be killed, but I still have a stance on it.
on many things i wouldn't call it opinion,i would say deliberatly obnoxious, which really rags some folk off, me it cracks me up,but then it would.
Old 08-03-2008, 18:33   #43
God Member

Cashy, if I had nothing to laugh about then I wouldn't have any reason to come on here and whilst there are lots of stupid things to laugh at, sometimes I just need to create my own humour.

However, what I have said in this thread is all serious, no humour is intended
Old 08-03-2008, 21:59   #44
Resting in Peace

Isn't it the same with pubs though ? They have appointed licensing hours, but can open/close when they please ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 22:31   #45

This can’t be Asda’s best shot at trying to get alcohol out of the hands of the underage drinkers. At least I hope not.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..