Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 02:41   #46
God Member

Re: Asda Restrict Alchohol Sales

I don't think Asda is the cause of underage drinkers anyway... you cant even get served for cigarette papers in that store without ID.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2008, 02:56   #47
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I don't often see the need to buy alcohol from asda after 10pm.

You might not but as a shift worker I do. Many times I have done our Asda shop after a late shift. That means I could be getting around to the booze isle after 11pm. Just because I want to buy it at that time does not mean I intend to drink it. By limiting the times they are going to offend many customers.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:00   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You might not but as a shift worker I do. Many times I have done our Asda shop after a late shift. That means I could be getting around to the booze isle after 11pm. Just because I want to buy it at that time does not mean I intend to drink it. By limiting the times they are going to offend many customers.
The only time I have ever gone to asda was after midnight and I cant say I was too offended at not being able to get it.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:05   #49
God Member

Quote:
I don't think Asda is the cause of underage drinkers anyway... you cant even get served for cigarette papers in that store without ID.
tip, the onion skin pages of a Bible work just as well
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:33   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
tip, the onion skin pages of a Bible work just as well
I find that offensive and yet I can understand your point. I don't smoke though!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:49   #51
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I find that offensive and yet I can understand your point. I don't smoke though!
Why is it offensive?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:50   #52
God Member

Quote:
Why is it offensive?
Well I'm Roman Catholic and I got to say normally I dont go ripping pages out of holy books...
Old 09-03-2008, 11:19   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well I'm Roman Catholic and I got to say normally I dont go ripping pages out of holy books...
i too am R.C. and been to more masses than you had hot dinners, cos of me age, i cannot find it offensive, like i dont find " The Life of Brian" offensive cos its humour, which used to cover everything religion,colour, etc etc, now because of the prats in society it dont, if ya find that offensive,perhaps you would be better in another vocation? a CONVENT. as you often say- thats my opinion.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:15   #54
Resting in Peace

I'm a red neck like cashy and have the same sence of hummer, well we laugh at the same things and people on here. I actually think some people are far to sensitive, If more people took things with a pinch of salt and have a laugh, there would be a lot fewer troubles in the world, and a lot fewer drunks trying to buy cheap booze at Asda
Old 09-03-2008, 12:24   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I actually think some people are far to sensitive, If more people took things with a pinch of salt and have a laugh, there would be a lot fewer troubles in the world,

Don't encourage them to chill out, the rest of us would have nothing to laugh at if they weren't so serious and we would all end up being the same as them
Old 09-03-2008, 13:23   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Don't encourage them to chill out, the rest of us would have nothing to laugh at if they weren't so serious and we would all end up being the same as them
What you mean we could all end up being jambutty's?
Old 09-03-2008, 14:07   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What you mean we could all end up being jambutty's?
God forbid, its bad enoug being jaysay
Old 16-04-2008, 12:20   #58

ASDA is now doing challenge 25 so that means you now have to be 18 but look 25!!!! (and they are only accepting photo id proof so all you people who are lucky enough to not look 25 bring ya id!!!!!!!)
And as for stopping the sale of alchohol its something to do with Asda being classed as being near a town centre they did explain but i had switched off by that point!!!!!!
MrsAleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 12:50   #59
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishyfoote View Post
ASDA is now doing challenge 25 so that means you now have to be 18 but look 25!!!! (and they are only accepting photo id proof so all you people who are lucky enough to not look 25 bring ya id!!!!!!!)
And as for stopping the sale of alchohol its something to do with Asda being classed as being near a town centre they did explain but i had switched off by that point!!!!!!
I don't blame them. think how much money they would loose if they last their license to sell alcohol. The loss would not be only the sales of alcohol, all the people who buy booze with their weekly shop would more than likely go somewhere else for all their shopping.
Old 16-04-2008, 13:55   #60
Senior Member+

Ive not been asked for ID in a long time
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..