Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2006, 17:43   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Bonking For The Taxman

No objection to this; my main gripe is that women have long been taxed on their sanitary protection for years, which is a necessity ... you men, stop whinging
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2006, 16:27   #17
God Member

I ain't whinging about anything. I can't see 'owt wrong with 17.5% VAT on a packet of dunkies, which by my reckoning works out at about 5p per rubber, unless of course you're going for the premium rib-tickling A-B special chocalate gateaux flavour. You only have to pop round to your local quack and you get 'em free anyway.

But if they were to reduce the tax on this lot, then where would it go? I'll tell you where - on beer and fags! We are already taxed to the hilt on this; but as a lifestyle tax I have the option of paying or not paying. I choose to do the former.

What I object to where those taxes are spent and at the moment far to much is spent on lifestyle susidies on others. Only last week I read that the cost of an epidural for a woman at childbirth is 500 quid. Yep...thats right, FIVE HUNDRED QUID! If a woman wishes to get involved in this child-birth monkey-business, then that is her choice (although I know it keeps Lettie happy in cider money) but I object to my hard earned beer and fag money being wasted on this nonsense. If women want kids then let 'em put up with a bit of discomfort or else join a christmas club and save enough up to pay for the 'painkiller' themselves.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 16:48   #18
I am Banned

TEALEAF it takes two to tango in fact it would be great if the men could have the babies give them some pain I mean real pain not a pathetic headache or bad back,both my girls where delivered with out an epidural,why should women suffer if they dont want to.
MANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 16:51   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANDS
TEALEAF it takes two to tango in fact it would be great if the men could have the babies give them some pain I mean real pain not a pathetic headache or bad back,both my girls where delivered with out an epidural,why should women suffer if they dont want to.

Mands get a big bag of spuds and some vaseline, and I'll get Tealeaf in the stirrups.

We'll see how much pain he can take.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 16:54   #20
I am Banned

I will hold you to that can`t wait for next meet up lol
MANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 17:12   #21
God Member

Thats a bit cruel.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2006, 17:20   #22
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Hehehe.........Leave my cider money out of this...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2006, 11:35   #23
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
No objection to this; my main gripe is that women have long been taxed on their sanitary protection for years, which is a necessity ... you men, stop whinging
Well said! - you can choose whether to buy/use condoms. Women don't have much of a choice when it comes to periods. I do object to sanitary protection being classed as "non-essential". I suppose we could all stay home one week a month for most of our lives ..............
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2006, 12:07   #24
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Well said! - you can choose whether to buy/use condoms. Women don't have much of a choice when it comes to periods. I do object to sanitary protection being classed as "non-essential". I suppose we could all stay home one week a month for most of our lives ..............
We have an old book printed in the nineteenth century, it's a guide to women's and family health, and shows the useful things women used to do with napkins.

They also make an intersting talking point if set on the dinner table.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2006, 17:53   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
If a woman wishes to get involved in this child-birth monkey-business, then that is her choice (although I know it keeps Lettie happy in cider money) but I object to my hard earned beer and fag money being wasted on this nonsense. If women want kids then let 'em put up with a bit of discomfort or else join a christmas club and save enough up to pay for the 'painkiller' themselves.
Thing is here Tealeaf, if they decide not to get involved in this 'nonsense', then going to cost you more in protection and more whinging. 'Aint life complicated.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..