Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 14:08   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: bottle or tap water ???

Think posted this before under similar thread,but will mention again.

Was once at a conference and one of the speakers was from the water board (launderers you see).

After dinner speaker and all technical and boring, but two points I do remember were:-

1) Bottled water costs you 1,500 times more than tap water.

2) Bottled water carries more bacteria, particularly if not in a coloured plastic.

Just repeating these facts, but sticks in my mind.

Hate the sparkling ones too with a meal, blows me up and repercussions after.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2006, 15:08   #17
God Member

Tap water round here - bottled water if I'm abroad.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 15:20   #18
God Member

Bottled at work as the coolers water dont taste right and when away fishing esp if its warm weather but corpy pop at home.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 17:23   #19

Bottled water is the biggest con going. It's not better for you in any way. Just because it's high-class and more expensive, you believe it tastes better. It's a psycological thing. For instance if I got two bottles of tap water from a normal Accy tap and called one "Eau de Accrington", you'd say it tasted better then the other bottle, even though it's the same.

So in summary, tap water is the daddy.
Old 06-07-2006, 17:45   #20
Resident Waffler

I hate the taste and smell of our tap water so always drink bottled but usually go for the cheapies from Asda or Tesco.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 18:13   #21
God Member

The bottled water has got to taste better, it has no flouride in it.

There are three different types of bottled water,
Spring Water - Bottled water derived from an underground formation from which water flows naturally to the surface of the earth.
Sparkling Bottled Water - Water that after treatment, and possible replacement with carbon dioxide, contains the same amount of carbon dioxide that it had as it emerged from the source.
Mineral Water - Bottled water containing not less than 250 parts per million total dissolved solids may be labeled as mineral water.

in Recent years some one discovered a new source in buxton, and buxton water tried to get the company, Rockhead Buxton Spring water, to stop putting sourced from buxton on the bottle and using the buxton name.

What is interesting is that rockhead claim to be mineral water, spring water and artesian water.
Site seems a bit strange to me, it's even got water sports on it to try to push the site. Don't know if it's this pc but I can't get past the home page.

http://www.yourimagematters.co.uk/ro...mineral-water/

"Water is a good servant, but it is a cruel master."
John Bullein, 1562
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 18:25   #22
I am Banned

Don't know if it's this pc but I can't get past the home page.

I cant get past the homepage either on that site

I get small bottles of water in cases of 24 buy one case get one free for £7.39 for 48 bottles so it is'nt that bad my son gets it from the cash and carry and they last a while so it is'nt too bad price wise

John Bullein, 1562[/quote]
who_eat_all_the_pies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 23:25   #23
Accy Goddess

I'm not keen on water, bottled or tap. I prefer filtered water. If I do drink water then it's got to have lots of ice in it.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:46   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_eat_all_the_pies
Don't know if it's this pc but I can't get past the home page.

I cant get past the homepage either on that site

I get small bottles of water in cases of 24 buy one case get one free for £7.39 for 48 bottles so it is'nt that bad my son gets it from the cash and carry and they last a while so it is'nt too bad price wise

John Bullein, 1562
[/quote]

Seems to be a promo or dummy page for a web design company from Morcambe.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 14:08   #25
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I don't really drink that much water but I always drink tap water at home. I have also drunk tap water in Spain, Greece, France and Cyprus and never had runny tummy from it.

My friend and fellow Accy web member 'Mange' had an ex boyfriend who thought he was a cut above the rest of us and always insisted on wasting his money on bottled water and would profess to drink nothing else. Bear in mind that this was the early 90's and the yuppie image had taken over. Mange used to fill his empty water bottles from the tap and stick them in the fridge when he was out.... The funny thing was that he would drink the water and say how much better it tasted than tap water..............what a moron...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 18:49   #26
God Member

tap water round here, bottled water abroad, bottled water down south. If you don't like the chlorine smell pour it into a jug and leave it in the frdge for a day, the smell goes(being a strange sort of fella I actually like it).

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 19:58   #27
Senior Member+

We don't drink the tap water here, but use it to boil vegetables and also for tea and coffee.

Luckily, a tanker turns up every Saturday morning, delivering fresh water, and so 'im indoors gets our bottles filled for less than a euro for eight litres.

I've never sought medical advice on the subject but the local vet says that it's bad for dogs to drink the tap stuff. It appears that it can cause crystals to develop in the kidneys. My budgies and Top, my Jack Russell, all have fresh water.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..