Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2011, 19:47   #1
Rest in Peace

Breast Implants

If the breast implants purchased from the French company but fitted in England prove dangerous to health should they be replaced on the NHS.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2011, 19:51   #2
God Member

Re: Breast Implants

not unless the nhs put them in there no

if people have found money to put them in they can find it to take them out but if the work was done on the NHS then yes the NHS should take them out.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 23-12-2011 at 19:54.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 21:06   #3
Beacon of light

Most of these implants were done at private clinics......the NHS will take out the implants free of charge,(because the ruptured implants cause ill health) but if the woman wants the implant replacing, then she has to pay.
The French company who produced these substandard implants is in liquidation. So there is not much chance of these women suing, and getting much in the way of compensation.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 21:11   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Most of these implants were done at private clinics......the NHS will take out the implants free of charge,(because the ruptured implants cause ill health) but if the woman wants the implant replacing, then she has to pay.
The French company who produced these substandard implants is in liquidation. So there is not much chance of these women suing, and getting much in the way of compensation.

so not only do their fake boobs not stand up but the company itself is in a liquid state

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 23-12-2011, 21:13   #5
Beacon of light

Spot on Accyman

Though I am sure the women who are affected are not laughing.
Old 23-12-2011, 21:35   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
not unless the nhs put them in there no

if people have found money to put them in they can find it to take them out but if the work was done on the NHS then yes the NHS should take them out.
I'm wi accyman 100% on this. n whilst there at it the NHS should not treat anyone that pops oer here fer a freebie, having never paid a cent into the system.
Old 24-12-2011, 07:54   #7
Beacon of light

From the reports I have read some of these women should have been allowed to have their breast augmentation on the NHS.......one poor lady had breasts of different sizes(No jokes about Devizes, please).......she just wanted to look normal instead of having to stuff one side of her bra with socks.......but she was knocked back...so paid for her own.
Cashy, I'm with you on the health tourist thing.......it shouldn't be happening anyway if the policies and procedures were followed properly, but I know it does happen.
It is stealing, fraud...... and should be stopped.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 24-12-2011 at 07:57.
Old 24-12-2011, 09:01   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
From the reports I have read some of these women should have been allowed to have their breast augmentation on the NHS.......one poor lady had breasts of different sizes(No jokes about Devizes, please).......she just wanted to look normal instead of having to stuff one side of her bra with socks.......but she was knocked back...so paid for her own.
Cashy, I'm with you on the health tourist thing.......it shouldn't be happening anyway if the policies and procedures were followed properly, but I know it does happen.
Cases like that should be looked at on a individual basis in my view, am sure many were not of that nature?
Old 24-12-2011, 09:23   #9
Beacon of light

You maybe right, but you and I both know that GP practices are able to fund(or not fund) certain procedures...and health trusts have the same facility. When you hear that a trust will not fund Herceptin( a drug which extends the life of a breast cancer sufferer) then nothing surprises me.

The thing about these PIP implants is, that if left, they cause damage to the local tissues and also diminish the immune response to everyday illnesses.....causing women to be ill, unable to function and earn a living.
The NHS will remove the implants, but won't replace them...leaving women disfigured.

In essence, this should mean that they become eligible for reconstructive surgery as their psychological balance is affected.

In my estimation,(but then what do I know?) the health tourism problem is much greater financial drain than treating these women.
Old 24-12-2011, 09:36   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Cash, I'm with you on the health tourist thing.......it shouldn't be happening anyway if the policies and procedures were followed properly, but I know it does happen.
It has been reported that some people in the States and othere countries have actually scheduled there confinement to occur during a holiday to GB, knowing it will cost um nout if they have the sprog here
Old 24-12-2011, 10:08   #11
Beacon of light

I thought that airlines didn't allow you to fly in the last month of pregnancy.
Old 24-12-2011, 10:38   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I thought that airlines didn't allow you to fly in the last month of pregnancy.
They don't know if ya don't tell um, and if your after a free ride when you get here, your not exactly going to advertise the fact your ready to pup are you
Old 24-12-2011, 11:06   #13
Beacon of light

I thought that you had to declare in order to get flight insurance......how naive I really am!
Old 24-12-2011, 14:18   #14
God Member

now times are hard people are begining to see that suggesting people who havnt paid a damn thing into this country shouldnt get free NHS treatment isnt racist.

now all we need to do is also stop giving away expensive aids and h.i.v treatment to africans that manage to sneak into this country or come here knowing they are infected.

people in this country have to play postcode lottery as to if they get treated for certain illnesses like cancer yet someone can walk in to the UK and get free treatment for anything because treating them is supposedly the right thing to do

Old 24-12-2011, 14:21   #15
God Member

Quote:
I thought that you had to declare in order to get flight insurance......how naive I really am!
I suppose if your preppared to bleed another countries healthcare system to death it isnt too hard to lie about been pregnant and say you have just eaten too many donuts

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..