Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2013, 23:57   #166
dts
Junior Member+

Re: Changes To Housing Benefits

ok then, mr osbourne thinks it would be to "costly" to look at homes worth over two millon quid, strange that but he can get the "bedroom tax" going..wonders why that is?
dts is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2013, 07:08   #167
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts View Post
ok then, mr osbourne thinks it would be to "costly" to look at homes worth over two millon quid, strange that but he can get the "bedroom tax" going..wonders why that is?
Seeing this so called 'bedroom tax' apples to rented housing from the Council or Housing association and not to private owned homes, I fail to see the validitity of your arguments.

Your like a poor c'mon ....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 08:03   #168
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Seeing this so called 'bedroom tax' apples to rented housing from the Council or Housing association and not to private owned homes, I fail to see the validitity of your arguments.

The problem is BG we've got two of um now
Boeing Guy likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 08:10   #169
JFT96

Not thought of that Jay.............darn it, come back Mancie, all is forgiven.....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 08:28   #170
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Not thought of that Jay.............darn it, come back Mancie, all is forgiven.....
Well at least Mancie had a brain, these two ain't got one between um
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 14:02   #171
Senior Member+

Perhaps Less is a bit old to start now but if he gets a move on and had 11 children he could have a brand new £400,000 house free and pay no bedroom tax. He could also, after inspecting it, tell the council he didn't like it and wanted a better one.
He could even have his own horse(they're edible) and it would only cost him £200 a month of his benefits. In fact, he could probably afford 3 horses( apparently others can and you'd never be short of a home made lasagne).
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 15:41   #172
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Perhaps Less is a bit old to start now but if he gets a move on and had 11 children he could have a brand new £400,000 house free and pay no bedroom tax. He could also, after inspecting it, tell the council he didn't like it and wanted a better one.
He could even have his own horse(they're edible) and it would only cost him £200 a month of his benefits. In fact, he could probably afford 3 horses( apparently others can and you'd never be short of a home made lasagne).
I could start today, by God given the right woman/women I could fill the spare bedroom in next to no time!

Oh hang on though, hadn't considered my bad back, can I throw a sick note in until my spine matches my libido?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 16:25   #173
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Addendum to the above, I'd better not throw another sicky anywhere, I did that end of January, still going through the system living on thin air, if I threw another that would only cause delays.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 17:12   #174
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Oh hang on though, hadn't considered my bad back,
Come on, Less, you've more imagination than me and even I've thought of a way around that problem.
Stop making excuses!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 19:01   #175
God Member

well say that to the mum whos son is in afghanastan an has to move house .boeing and co you are off your rocker,you havent a clue about real life Benefits Cuts, suicides and deaths. | Politics UK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45827_342139552553320_1360840030_n.jpg (41.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 20-02-2013, 19:21   #176
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
well say that to the mum whos son is in afghanastan an has to move house .boeing and co you are off your rocker,you havent a clue about real life Benefits Cuts, suicides and deaths. | Politics UK
these cases are becoming more fequent unfortunatly and will increase because after july i think it is anyone who appeals a decision made by DWP will recieve no money what so ever while they wait for their appeal which can take 6-9 months.Because courts are overturning %90 of ATOS and DWP's decisions cameron has instead of realising his methods arnt working has instead opted to make people face starvation and destitution if they dare appeal.

At the last count 12 people a week were dying from the DWP'S and ATOS's decisions or treatment of ill people yet no one cares but if the government lined up 12 people per week and shot them in the street there would be outrage.

villifying the mentally ill and disabled has clearly worked and while thetide is against them cameron and co are clearing them out regardless of what may happen to them.

i wouldnt put it past cameron to tell doctors and surgeons that if someone cant be repaired to a state fit for working then they shoudl be left to die and treatment witheld
cmonstanley likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 20-02-2013 at 19:23.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 19:28   #177
God Member

Quote:

Look at this graph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UK-housing-stock-by-value-and-tenure.jpg (39.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Neil; 21-02-2013 at 06:54. Reason: fix quote
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 20:29   #178
God Member

i dont trust that graph have you seen who their source is ....
cmonstanley and Restless like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 05:58   #179
God Member

freedom of inforrmation act from the national statistics,this is now the usual way to get the truth from this goverment.just like ian duncan smith squealing like a petulant child yesterday when a radio presenter asked him for the truth. truly embarrasing.there was no jimmy involved in this graph.

Last edited by cmonstanley; 21-02-2013 at 06:00.
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 06:53   #180
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
....if the government lined up 12 people per week and shot them in the street there would be outrage....
That depends who they were, if they had hook hands I think most would agree

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..