Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2013, 14:08   #211
Resting in Peace

Re: Changes To Housing Benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
like who this is going to affect people with just one more room,you really come out with stupid statements.what is the percentage of single people claiming housing benefit on 3 or 4 bed property
Is there something wrong with your eyes, I said nothing about single people, the point I was making was that couples bring up their kids in 3 and 4 bedded houses, by the time they are in their late forties early fifties the kids have flown the coop, leaving 2 or 3 bedrooms unused, whilst their are people on waiting lists waiting for these properties to become available, its not right that people in this position are aloud to occupy these properties for the next 20 or 30 years when they can be moved to smaller properties, well before they become old and infirm like Margaret was rabbiting about

Last edited by jaysay; 23-02-2013 at 14:11.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2013, 14:20   #212
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That's all well and good Margaret but the fact is these properties become one or two(man and wife) occupancies long before people become infirm and unable to cope with moving, most kids have flown the coop well before their parents become 60, its is the time to act. Its been a problem for years yet nobody has tackled it before
Rather cruel to take that stance aren't you?
In 2007
When I was moved to the house I now live in I wasn't allowed the choice of a 1 bedroom place, I'd have taken it.
Now your glorious party has decided to punish me for taking on two bedrooms.
Prove to me how well they have thought this through, give me a list of addresses that I and others in similar circumstances can move to, or else admit it's a bedroom tax on the poorer members of society, each of us no matter whom we are deserve to live without the impossible burden of moving to nowhere or else paying extra.
There are times Jay, I find you very annoying.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 14:56   #213
God Member

Another unfair aspect to 'couples share a room' rule -
If two persons of the same sex share a house, what sort of intrusive questions will be asked in order to establish whether or not they are a couple?, and who asks?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 15:24   #214
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Rather cruel to take that stance aren't you?
In 2007
When I was moved to the house I now live in I wasn't allowed the choice of a 1 bedroom place, I'd have taken it.
Now your glorious party has decided to punish me for taking on two bedrooms.
Prove to me how well they have thought this through, give me a list of addresses that I and others in similar circumstances can move to, or else admit it's a bedroom tax on the poorer members of society, each of us no matter whom we are deserve to live without the impossible burden of moving to nowhere or else paying extra.
There are times Jay, I find you very annoying.
as you do to me Less
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 16:27   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
as you do to me Less
What a shame you couldn't have answered the whole post instead of back biting about the last sentence!
Old 23-02-2013, 17:04   #216
God Member

What if -

In order to free up some one bedroomed properties, they decide to place all chronically sick people in a group home where it is more economic to provide the same services to several under one roof, instead of expensive visits to several addresses, with a financial penalty for those who wont comply.

Maybe those so directed would gladly comply with whatever government considers best for the nation as a whole.

Last edited by MargaretR; 23-02-2013 at 17:13.
Old 23-02-2013, 18:09   #217

Why don't we go a little further Mags?
Anyone over sixty and unemployed volunteers for a quick shower?
Of course shower isn't exactly what they will get but we can turn a blind eye to that, of course the cost of sorting out clothing and the cremation will have to come from somewhere so to prevent young relatives from gaining from the advantage of losing an elder member of their family the state gets the lot.
Eric and Alan Varrechia like this.
Old 23-02-2013, 19:43   #218
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Another unfair aspect to 'couples share a room' rule -
If two persons of the same sex share a house, what sort of intrusive questions will be asked in order to establish whether or not they are a couple?, and who asks?

It's asked on the Housing Benefit form that indviduals complete.
Old 23-02-2013, 19:47   #219
God Member

We are witnessing the cull of the 'useless eaters' - if, like me, you are past your use by date, the future isn't rosy.
Guinness, b rawlinson and Stevie R like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..