Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2008, 22:26   #61
God Member

Re: Checking deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
The cost of the order was about £120 - hardly enough to stock a shop and most of the items were just odd ones of, like one bottle of vinegar, one drum of salt. The heaviest was probably 10 bottles of water but it's hardly a shop stock is it? We easily go through 10 bottles of fizzy water a week.
The point is, it's got nothing to do with that bloody driver how many bottles of water you go through or milk or anything else for that matter. Surprised he didn't need to know what colour knickers you had on

I would have been LIVID if that had happened to me.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2008, 22:31   #62
Resident Waffler

I was not a happy bunny Slinky. If the order went through online OK then he should have delivered the stuff as far as I can see.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 22:37   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I was not a happy bunny Slinky. If the order went through online OK then he should have delivered the stuff as far as I can see.
Exactly Willow ..they accepted your order, loaded it up into the lorry, so warehouse thought OK .. so what was the problem ? Bet that driver got a load of hassle when he returned with your goods.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 22:41   #64
God Member

Crikey your order makes mine look like a warehouse full!! I used to use tesco online but only did it once every few months to stock up on all the really large bulky and heavy stuff!!!!!!

In fact I once had an order come after my car accident and the driver not only brought it in, he insisted on taking it through to the kitchen and even offered to help unpack it... as he could see I was struggling.. he was literally falling over himself to help, god bless him

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 23:36   #65
Always EVIL within us

Regarding the incident that Willow is informing you of, here is a letter (not brilliantly written but I was pressed for time) that I am about to send to Tesco....

Dear Madam,
I spoke to a team leader few days back and told her that I would be putting my complaint about Tesco Home Shopping in a letter as well as verbally explaining to her..........

First a little background about myself and my family, (It IS relevant) We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints otherwise known as Mormons and as such, we are encouraged to hold enough stores to last around one year. As you may well imagine, it is very difficult logistically and financially to maintain this stock, and we recently found that we had seriously depleted our storage.

Ordering on-line seemed the practical thing to do as we required rather more than the usual shopping list but as this was the first time for us, we kept our order down to around £120-00 with the intention of purchasing more during the summer months. We have always bought from either Tesco or Asda locally and I admit that I did at first try to order from Asda but when I got to the bottled water; their website denied me the opportunity of ordering more than 6 two litre bottles. (My family get through at least 8 litres of both fizzy and plain water each week let alone building up several months’ stock) I also “timed out” because they only give 2 hours to browse which considering my inexperience on-line was not long enough! ...............so I ordered from Tesco............

The order that I placed was a combination of “storage” and general things for immediate consumption by the family and I was so pleased that you had no restriction on the amount of each item that I required (so I thought) My time slot was Tuesday 25th March, between 10am and Noon. I would be at work but my wife would be home to receive the order.

The van arrived on time, my wife went out to speak to the driver who said (approximately) “There’s too much stuff ordered, if I carried it all in, I would be knackered!” He invited my wife to carry everything in from the van on her own, and on at least 2 occasions during the conversation, accused us of running a business and ordering just to sell on at a profit in a non-existent shop. (If you check our order, you will notice that the majority of tinned goods are Tesco own brand and there are many “single” items) He also made comment that we had ordered 8 x 6-2 ltre cartons of milk.....And said that it was far too much and that we should have only ordered 1x6 cartons. I have a wife and two daughters that are ALL on a milk supplement diet which means that they have one meal per day ....Plus two “milk supplement” meals. Total consumption in our household including myself is 3.5 Litres per day!! He also told my wife that we were not welcome to use Tesco Home Shopping again as we have been banned! I received a phone call at work from my wife who was distressed and upset, the delivery driver refused to speak to me over the phone so I had to tell my wife to inform the driver that he could take every single item back to the shop.

That evening, I phoned customer service in Dundee, explained briefly what had occurred and she (didn’t get a name) promised to contact the Home Shopping Manager responsible and to get him/her to phone my wife the next day with an explanation/apology. It didn’t happen! I also asked that my payment be debited back into my credit card and was informed that it would be done the very next day (26th March)

The following Thursday, I went to my local Tesco in Blackburn and spoke to the H/Sh Manager myself. His name was Paddy and he did explain that he had had the previous day off hence, no phone call. I explained all and he said he would phone my wife the following day after finding out the details from the driver concerned. I left the store with a conviction that all will be well..............NO PHONE CALL!!

For a few days, nothing was done either by me or Tesco. 2 years ago, I had a complaint against Tesco (exploding coke cans) that cost me in excess of £90-00 and over a year later, I was sent a token for either £5-00 or £10-00. In that time, I was virtually accused of making up a false claim, freezing the cans to make them split, keeping them out in the summer heat (Early May) and the three cans that I returned “got lost??” between the Haslingden branch and their eventual destination. Don’t misunderstand me; I am NOT looking for compensation in this case, only an explanation and apology to my wife along with an assurance that should we ever need to use your services again, we can do so without the embarrassment of being told that we are “barred.” It would also be nice to know exactly what we can order and in what amount.

On Tues. 8th April, I phoned you again ......... and found out that the order actually came out of the Haslingden branch, not Blackburn. (Next time I’m in Blackburn, I will make a point of seeing Paddy to apologize although perhaps he should have known what areas he delivers in)

On Thurs. 10th April, I contacted my credit card company and discovered that my money had NOT been returned, this was 16 days after my rejection of the goods! I called into the Haslingden branch the same day but the Home Shopping Manager was on a day off so I spoke to Karen who was the non food manager and was acting duty manager. She promised to deal with my complaint.........and also found out that my credit had still not been returned. (She dealt with that immediately)

I have since received two e-mails, one from Kendra Banks (marketing director) who has thanked me for my first order and has given me £10-00 to use with my next order (obviously unaware that I have been banned)..........
And the second one from the customer service team that has listed the items refunded and at best shows a complete lack of professionalism and if I was to be the cynical (which I am where Tesco is concerned) I would consider it an attempt to make it as hard as possible to accurately give me a detailed account of what exactly has been credited to my account and the total.

I will finish this letter with a copy of the e-mail sent to me. (This is NOT how it was presented on your computers as Karen gave us a printed copy on 10th April)

Dear Mr TAYLOR-HILL,
I am pleased to confirm that we have refunded the following items to the card you used for payment

Item Ordered Quantity Price Refunded
Refund 1 £4.50
Benylin Chesty Non Drowsy Cough 150ml 1 £3.11
Tesco Pure Corn Oil 3 Litre 2 £4.90
Tesco Longlife Semi Skimmed Milk 6x1ltr 8 £23.84
Sarsons Malt Vinegar 2litre 1 £2.29
Tesco Easy Cook Long Grain Rice 4kg 2 £5.18
Tesco Value Toilet Tissue 12 Roll 2400 Sht 5 £5.60
Princes Lunch Tongue 184g 1 £1.28
Tesco Cous Cous 1kg 1 £1.28
English Provender Moroccan Spiced Chutney 300g 1 £1.59
Strepsils Honey And Lemon 16s 1 £2.22
Germolene Antiseptic Cream30g M 1 £0.97
Heinz Top Down Squeezy Tomato Ketchup Sauce 700g 1 £1.74
Hp Sauce Squeezy Bottle 850g 1 £1.94
Saxa Table Salt 750g 2 £0.74
Tesco Mince Beef & Onion392g 6 £2.76
Glenryck Pilchards In Tomato Sauce 425g 4 £1.60
Tesco Dual Action Blackcurrant Lozenges 24's 1 £0.75
Tesco Value Stretch Bandage 5cm X 4.5m 1 £0.44
Tesco Value Dressing Strip 6cm X 100cm 1 £0.45
Tesco Lemon & Lime With Citrusmarmalade 454g 1 £0.60
Lyles Golden Syrup 454g 1 £0.68
Tesco Savoury Rice Golden 120g 4 £1.44
Tesco Value Strawberry Jam 454g 1 £0.39
Tesco Value Beef Stew 400g 4 £1.96
Tesco Value Beans & Sausages567g 12 £4.56
Tesco Sardines In Tomato Sauce 120g 4 £1.40
Tesco Sensetive/ Multistretch Plasters 24's 1 £0.89
Amoy Light Soy Sauce 150ml 1 £0.69
Tesco Simple Linctus 200ml 1 £0.91
Tesco Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix 170g 4 £0.92
Tesco Paracetamol 500mg 16 Caplets 1 £0.24
Tesco Dispersible Asprin 300mg 16 1 £0.12
Lancaster Chopped Ham & Pork170g 4 £1.36
Tesco Value Sweetcorn 325g 18 £2.70
Tesco Value Tuna Chunks In Brine 185g 6 £1.74
Tesco Value Sparkling Water 2 Litres 10 £1.70
Tesco Value Still Water 2 Litre Bottle 10 £1.70
Tesco Value Chicken & Mushroom Quick Snack 76g 10 £2.30
Tesco Value Ready To Serve Custard 396g 8 £1.52
Tesco Value Strawberry Jelly128g 6 £0.90
Tesco Value Rice Pudding 425g 6 £1.14
T.Val Garden Peas In Sugared Salt Water 300g 12 £2.28
Tesco 10 Value Vegetable Stock Cubes 97g 1 £0.19
Tesco Value Meatballs In Tomato Sauce 392g 6 £1.74
Tesco Value Broken Mandarinslight Syrup 312g 12 £1.32
Tesco Value Golden Vegetable Savouryrice 120g 6 £1.32
Refund 2 £0.20
Tesco Chicken Flavour Instant Noodles 85g 10 £2.30
Tesco Value Orange Jelly 128g 6 £0.90
Tesco Pear Halves In Juice 410g 4 £1.00
Tesco Strawberries In Juice 406g 4 £1.00
Kingsfood/ Lancaster 8 Hot Dogs In Brn 400g 6 £1.38
Tesco Value Spaghetti 500g 4 £0.92
Tesco Value Spaghetti In Tomato Sauce 410g 12 £1.80
Tesco Value Baked Beans In Tomt/Sauce 420g 12 £2.40
Tesco Value New Potatoes 567g 24 £6.00
Tesco Value Plum Tomatoes 400g 12 £2.28

This is an automatically generated e-mail. Please do not respond to this e-mail
address, as it is not monitored. Should you wish to contact us please contact customer services via email on:
[email protected] or call the Tesco.com Helpdesk on 0845 7225533*.
Kind Regards,
Tesco Customer Service Team

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
*Calls charged at up to 4 pence per minute from BT landlines. Other providers vary. Calls may be recorded.

Yours Sincerely,
Old 22-04-2008, 21:31   #66
God Member

heh, good on you Busman, I found the lady at Haslingden to be extremely rude as well. At one point I had to point out that it is extremely rude to talk over people before they had finished speaking and would she kindly shut up till I had finished explaining teh problem.

Anyway, teh reason I resurrected this thread....

We just received another delivery( I thought I'd put it down as a one off and give them another chance to shine).

Well, in comes the bloke and Julie and I start checking it again as it wasn't a large one. Only turns out there was a complete tray of chilled stuff that wasn't ours. It had stickers with our name on but wasn't orederd by us or on our 'checklist'. So I saved them ~£10 of spoilt food because I could give it back there and then. If I had followed their procedures it woudl have been spoilt as I don't have room in my fridge for it so would have had to leave it out all night(As they can be stuffed if they think I'm staying up till they get someone to come and collect it) and we wouldn't be available till 6pm tomorrow for them to collect it.

Its OK Mr Tesco, you don't need to thank me for helping your profits...........

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2008, 21:42   #67
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
If I had followed their procedures it woudl have been spoilt as I don't have room in my fridge for it so would have had to leave it out all night(As they can be stuffed if they think I'm staying up till they get someone to come and collect it) and we wouldn't be available till 6pm tomorrow for them to collect it..
I can't see them reselling it after being in you house overnight even if you did put it in the fridge can you?
Old 22-04-2008, 22:38   #68
God Member

The delivery drivers have you well sussed.
One chance at guessing WHO got those freebies then

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 02:43   #69
God Member

maybe so but I was brought up to honest and that is how I prefer to stay. Dishoesty is a slippery slope IMHO.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 08:12   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Its OK Mr Tesco, you don't need to thank me for helping your profits...........
It's actually Mrs. Tesco who gets your profit, Mrs. Dame Shirley Porter of Tel Aviv.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..