Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 12:29   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: child benefits for Poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
One of the links in post #26 - Some Poles 'claim benefit twice'- refers to benefits being paid both in the UK and in Poland, so yes, they have their own welfare system.
Thanks bonnyboy, but I bet they don't get as much in their country as they do here
Old 09-03-2008, 12:37   #47
Resting in Peace

They should be paid at the same rate as they would be in Poland.If they are to be paid at all.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 13:21   #48
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
They should be paid at the same rate as they would be in Poland.If they are to be paid at all.
Interesting point that - do you also think they should pay the same tax and receive the same in other benefits as they would if they worked in Poland?
Old 09-03-2008, 13:29   #49
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

They should get no benefits because they shouldn't be here. There are enough UK workers unemployed who should be taking the jobs that the poles are currently filling, we have enough spongers here already who should be made to fill the vacancies.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 13:40   #50
Resting in Peace

I meant the benefit rate for children living in Poland.Not the pay rate for working here.
Old 09-03-2008, 13:44   #51
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
They should get no benefits because they shouldn't be here. There are enough UK workers unemployed who should be taking the jobs that the poles are currently filling, we have enough spongers here already who should be made to fill the vacancies.

I intend starting a Bagpuss for PM campaign - it is refreshing to see common sense spoken so plainly.
Old 09-03-2008, 14:04   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I intend starting a Bagpuss for PM campaign - it is refreshing to see common sense spoken so plainly.
Common sense and Neil don't usally appear in the same sentance
Old 09-03-2008, 14:06   #53
Resting in Peace

And how would you define an "Englishman"
Old 09-03-2008, 17:17   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I have a question to put to you.

Not all soldiers in the British Army are actually british, there are men from all different nationalities. If two men, one british born, and one polish soldier, where both fighting as british soldiers where injured in battle, say they lost limbs and had to be brought back home, to Britain, would you think only the british born soldier is entitled to compensation and disability pay?

Because technically, the polish soldier would be working in the country just as any other polish worker, and then if injured he'd claim from our benefit system, which is 'claiming what is rightfully ours', just like the Polish workers who are claiming child benefit... which I should add is RIGHTFULLY theirs too.

So would you support a polish soldier then? Or would he be just as much a burden as these other workers?

Like stated its highly unlikely you will find a polish person fighting in the british army unless they were actually born here, as every soldier has to swear an allegience (sp) to the queen. Any lad or lassie fighting for this country would be entitled to whatever is on offer, after all they put their life on the line for us. therefore I would support anyone who has the bottle to do that for me.
The Polish that are claiming child benefit for children that are not resident in this country is NOT RIGHTFULLY THEIRS and are draining resources that could be going to other worthy causes of our own.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 17:57   #55
Accy Red

Quote:
And how would you define an "Englishman"
That's easy - Me

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 09-03-2008, 18:23   #56
Member.

I can’t be arsed with the benefits system in this bloody country, I came out of work in August last year through no fault of my own, yet because I work and paid in to an Health Service pension scheme 20 years ago and my partner receives a pittance for providing her mother with 40 hours worth of care I can’t claim Any Benefits…for my self or my family. I’m sick of the government and those who come to this country and are able to get anything they want. I lost my job because I wouldn’t put vulnerable people at risk.

Because I was sick of working for money grabbing bastards I set up my own business I couldn’t get government funding because I don’t qualify, I have had to put a second charge against my house as a result I am another £30K in debt and my moneys running out, but can I get any financial support from my government? No I don’t qualify, why? Because I’ve not spent years on the ****ing dole or I’m not an immigrant. I have worked for 34 years, I’ve always paid my NI and Tax and I get **** all for it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bitter; some of these immigrants will become my employees and I will be successful and I will expand my business over the coming years and I will pay my dues to those arseholes at Westminster. I’m just sick of the attitude in this country that it’s alright to forget our own or those who put themselves out for or before others

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 18:24   #57
Resting in Peace

Probably not
Old 09-03-2008, 21:42   #58
Accy Red

Quote:
Probably not
What ???

Old 09-03-2008, 21:53   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Probably not

Can i vote this as the most random post?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 22:12   #60
Resting in Peace

What I mean to say is that most people who think they are English are more likely to be a mixture of any number of sauces be it Celtish or European.Maybe even Polish- but never the less a mixture

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..