Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2007, 21:53   #31
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Children Killed on M56

What a terrible tragedy for all involved, the kids, parents and the poor car driver. Imagine how s/he must be feeling after hitting 2 kids at motorway speed.
Old 25-10-2007, 21:54   #32
Passed away 25-11-09

Kate, do you remember Bobby Beacon? I may be doing you a disservice by assuming you're near my age, if so I'm sorry. Police constables used to go to schools and give a talk about road safety with the aid of this Belisha Beacon-type puppet. The trouble is children never think it really applies to them. At the age of 6 you see a gap in the traffic, you want to go home so you run for it. There are no zebra crossings on the motorway and you have no idea how far a car can travel in a few seconds.

I do agree, children need re-educating about road safety but I don't think a warning from dad, at the age of 6, is enough to let a child play out in an unsafe environment.
Old 25-10-2007, 21:57   #33
Senior Member+

Aleks, do you have children?? because you seem to know nothing about them... children at this age will not listen, they will forget what they have been told no matter how many times they have been told especially when they have other things on their mind.. they should not have been on their own!! it is NOT their fault it is the care givers (or not, in this case) fault for not providing the proper amount of care!!!! i can remember crossing the train tracks in colne when i was late and i knoew my dad would go mental and i remember my friends doing it as teenagers... THEY should have know better.. I am disgusted at the lack of compassion shown.. they were children!!
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 22:04   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
we are all guilty of being too quick to judge Kate, especially me, but it is a fact that those little one's should of been supervised xx
I know Flashy agree .. but don't think we can condemn the father's attitude just now.

Westender: Am 64 and do remember Bobby Beacon .. but as said before, times have changed, and think, like you, a new campaign with regard to the new structure of roads, speeds cars travel at is now essential for the children of today.

It worked before with the Green Cross code, no reason why it shouldn't help with ............... ? Lots of more clever people out there than me who would fill in this blank.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 22:14   #35
Passed away 25-11-09

Perhaps I do judge the father too harshly but I couldn't stand in front of a TV camera and say, "It was just a tragic accident" if I had been in charge of this child who was allowed out, alone, without any checks on where he was for several hours. The parents of the 7 year old have said nothing.
Old 25-10-2007, 22:17   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Am 64 and do remember Bobby Beacon
Get away Kate, you don't look a day over 40.
Old 25-10-2007, 22:17   #37
God Member

she doesnt does she
Old 25-10-2007, 22:58   #38
Resident Waffler

Quote:
"The doctor's been to see me and given me medication," he said. "They've suggested I go for counselling."

To me that does seem to indicate that he is in a state of shock and grief. That is why the doctor would have suggested counselling. For all we know this father may well be blaming himself and wracked with guilt and grief.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:41   #39

Yet again Children are let down by the people who owe a responsibility for thier safekeeping...

Dare I mention Mcanns?
archiveuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 09:45   #40
Resident Waffler

Have you seen the state of Kate McCann? She is going through hell. Nothing anyone else says about her can possibly be any worse than what she is probably feeling about herself.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 10:21   #41
Senior Member+

The bloke I heard on the news yesterday was not the father of the two lads. Apparently the lads were living with a bloke who was looking after them for the parents (or the Mother in particular, as the Father wasn't mentioned). He apologised to the Mother and said he'd done his best to look after them.

There are so many things wrong with this tragic tale and the people claiming that they have no sympathy are obviously trolling. Shame really.
Old 26-10-2007, 13:40   #42
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

tragic!!
those poor kids, but i cant help thinking what a 6 and 7 year old are doing outside in the dark near a motorway!!
my son is 6 and hes not allowed off the street, never mind wondering about, and thats during the day, at night he as to be in as soon as it gets dark!
Old 26-10-2007, 14:35   #43
Resting in Peace

such a waste... I have to agree its the parents that are the total idiots here... and should be prosecuted, it is wrong for a six year old child to be kicked out on the streets to play alone...
The little one had been out all day by the look of it... but hey the daddy's got some happy pills now and no doubt another child will soon replace the one he's lost:

Why do people like this have children:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 16:05   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Aleks, do you have children?? because you seem to know nothing about them... children at this age will not listen, they will forget what they have been told no matter how many times they have been told especially when they have other things on their mind.. they should not have been on their own!! it is NOT their fault it is the care givers (or not, in this case) fault for not providing the proper amount of care!!!! i can remember crossing the train tracks in colne when i was late and i knoew my dad would go mental and i remember my friends doing it as teenagers... THEY should have know better.. I am disgusted at the lack of compassion shown.. they were children!!

Alright flower. No no compassion from me love, not for this case anyhow. Nah dont have kids love but you dont need kids to see the fact that it was plain to see that it was just too stupid to attempt it but they still did. Sorry if my opinion gets to you but im not one of the people who says what they thing people like to see or read. I say what i really think.
Old 26-10-2007, 20:36   #45

At that age they should have not gone of there door step,but it is a sad loss my thout,s go out to there mum and dad,s
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..