Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Crips v Bloods

Machete gangs clash in Accrington (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Hmmm..caught on CCTV.

Now we all know of the arrest and sentencing of last years rioters all brought about by CCTV. This report states that 3 were arrested...but there were 15 to 20 involved...how long before the other 12 to 17 are also arrested from this 'pre-planned' public order offence on a main road

I won't hold my breath
Old 12-10-2012, 09:22   #2
I am Banned

Re: Crips v Bloods

i would'nt hold my breath either G , i'm actually surprised 3 were arrested......

15-20 involved
3 arrested
? charged
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:54   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is, aint the first time this has happened,I know of one other occasion, god knows how many i know nowt of? Maybe this is the first un caught on C.C.T.V.? or perhaps the first time someone has reported the incident? This sort of thing has been going on fer yonks, The incident i refer too was mid 90s, Me late wife witnessed it, n was one of reasons we moved to Blackpool. My take is these incidents are largely ignored by the local plod and the council, the reason being,they are frightened of being accused of racism. I'm damn sure thats pretty near the mark.
Old 12-10-2012, 13:14   #4
Beacon of light

Cashy...nail, head...hit!

Let's wait and see if there is any prosecution of the people involved...my guess is...there won't be...or at least not anything meaningful.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 14:22   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy...nail, head...hit!

Let's wait and see if there is any prosecution of the people involved...my guess is...there won't be...or at least not anything meaningful.
Why should they be prosecuted? They own Blackburn Rd and rather than deal with it themselves the plod always talk to 'appropriate community leaders', did you vote for these folk? I know I didn't.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 14:51   #6
Beacon of light

Less, I am grateful for that invaluable bit of information....I didn't know they owned Blackburn Road.
No, I didn't vote for these folk. Nor would I.
Anyone who is out in the street fighting with a machete...or anything else for that matter, should be charged with a public order offence and hauled up before the beak...blow the community leader lark...it obviously isn't successful.
Old 12-10-2012, 14:59   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Less, I am grateful for that invaluable bit of information....I didn't know they owned Blackburn Road.
No, I didn't vote for these folk. Nor would I.
Anyone who is out in the street fighting with a machete...or anything else for that matter, should be charged with a public order offence and hauled up before the beak...blow the community leader lark...it obviously isn't successful.
No problem, I have known they own it ever since this incident, http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...all-61958.html

Strangely though, I was accused of being prejudiced in the thread.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 15:03   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats the biggest joke, The quote from the Plod. "We want to reassure local residents" Putting extra plod on duty,after the event. The fact they have let things like this go on fer at least last 20 yrs n not dealt wi it, is really reassuring.
Old 12-10-2012, 15:40   #9

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

You can't have armed gangs going round blocking major roads whilst attempting to beat the bejesus out of each other regardless what their race, creed, age, IQ or shoe size is. This is a criminal act and a number of charges could and should be brought and prosecuted, including 'intent to cause GBH' which carries up to 25 years in the pokey.

And a police soundbite of 'we'll send out more patrols' whilst being nice and pro-active to prevent a reoccurence, does not resolve the fact that 15-20 people went out onto the street to a 'pre-planned' fight, armed with deadly weapons and only 3 were arrested.

I don't care if it's Asians, Irish, English, Welsh or Martians, it's unacceptable and it's illegal.

Bet our council is glad that the 'back slapping' report on Community Safety in Hyndburn has already been published,

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa..._Update_1_.pdf
Old 12-10-2012, 21:09   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

It is unacceptable n illegal, but yeh missed out ignored.
Old 13-10-2012, 12:32   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Really, you folks ? Don't you realize that it's all part of their cultural make up & ethic folk ways ? All part & parcel of the Bolicticians, touchy feely, multi culti, rainbow nation ! Racial & cultural diversity we should all be rejoicing in !

MY ARSE !

If they're going to do it to each other, I think the local council should make sure they're all equally weaponed up, a police cordon set up around the arena, give out tickets, Popcorn & Beer to the populace then let the muppets get on with it & beat hell out of each other. A proper community event & everyone goes home happy ('cept them down the ozzy for treatment mind)
Old 13-10-2012, 13:20   #12
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Really, you folks ? Don't you realize that it's all part of their cultural make up & ethic folk ways ? All part & parcel of the Bolicticians, touchy feely, multi culti, rainbow nation ! Racial & cultural diversity we should all be rejoicing in !

MY ARSE !

If they're going to do it to each other, I think the local council should make sure they're all equally weaponed up, a police cordon set up around the arena, give out tickets, Popcorn & Beer to the populace then let the muppets get on with it & beat hell out of each other. A proper community event & everyone goes home happy ('cept them down the ozzy for treatment mind)
tut,tut,tut....son, How many times I have told you it isn't arse.......it is derriere! You will have people thinking you are common, ueducated....a pleb.
Old 13-10-2012, 13:31   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
tut,tut,tut....son, How many times I have told you it isn't arse.......it is derriere! You will have people thinking you are common, ueducated....a pleb.
You aint met him Margaret, he is.
Old 13-10-2012, 13:40   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Sorry Ma !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
You aint met him Margaret, he is.
Why my good Sir, your flattery abounds !
Old 13-10-2012, 13:50   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Ta Dave its nice to be appreciated.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..