Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 11:45   #31
God Member

Re: disgrace to the media

It may be the lesser of the evils that are around but as a so called civilised nation we should be able to control our urges or if they are getting out of control seek help. Just because they have an urge does not give them the right to put the lives of others at risk of catching a "nasty" they caught while "having fun" just because they can do.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-12-2006, 11:47   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
It may be the lesser of the evils that are around but as a so called civilised nation we should be able to control our urges or if they are getting out of control seek help. Just because they have an urge does not give them the right to put the lives of others at risk of catching a "nasty" they caught while "having fun" just because they can do.
Very true but seems a small preportion of them cant of excuse they cant but think about it these days there isn't much restrictions on things nowadays thats controlled!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:03   #33
God Member

A minority of men may have the sex drive that matches a sports cars power but it is no excuse to go out and take risks. Would it be worth it if they are named and shamed because they are in court for curb crawling? Whoever is responsible for the killings are deranged persons but not intrested in the sex part. They might have a grudge or a hatred for these womens profession and decided in a phsycotic moment to hand out their idea of justice regaurdless of the fall out and pain on the unfortunate families of the victims.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 12:09   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
A minority of men may have the sex drive that matches a sports cars power but it is no excuse to go out and take risks. Would it be worth it if they are named and shamed because they are in court for curb crawling? Whoever is responsible for the killings are deranged persons but not intrested in the sex part. They might have a grudge or a hatred for these womens profession and decided in a phsycotic moment to hand out their idea of justice regaurdless of the fall out and pain on the unfortunate families of the victims.
That was the yorkshire rippers excuse to manifest justice towards these women! Even if u name & shame the curb crawlers there would be many wives & kids whom had no idea & could have effects more on them especially publically than the perpretrator himself who may take glory from it - saddo's
Old 11-12-2006, 12:11   #35
God Member

Although it's 99% likely to be correct there's an assumption on this thread that the killer is male !!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:13   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Although it's 99% likely to be correct there's an assumption on this thread that the killer is male !!

So it could be a wife/gf/daughter hell bent on revenge?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 12:18   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
mmm considered myself duely whipped from that statement
Old 11-12-2006, 12:20   #38
I am Banned

Quote:
So it could be a wife/gf/daughter hell bent on revenge?
After seeing how viscious those boozy birds are u could have a point
Old 11-12-2006, 12:37   #39
I am Banned

Just been reading the beeb have your say on it & there is some rather opposing points of view

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20061211133005

Easy to say not to bow down to media pressure & hype when u think it wont happen to you - strangely i know it does & when someone u know has been prey to these sicko's then u realise it does happen & makes u more the wary - i particulary dont like going out in the dark on my own, some cases u have to but it is scary & u need your witts about u!!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:48   #40
Resident Waffler

It could be some "holier than thou" nale or female who feels they are doing the world a favour.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:49   #41
God Member

Sometimes the hype is needed because of the danger involved but it has to be even. One of the opinions stating that the police watched and did nothing is appaling and sets a bad example as well as increasing fear.

In my opinion the folowing hit the nail on the head;

"Can we stop calling these young women prostitutes ?
they have the same rights as anyone else
and as we have seen from other serial murderers women in general are vulnerable
This killer needs catching, don't alienate men or women who can help"

"
Will the police pursue this case less vigorously because "only" prostitutes have been killed?"

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 12:55   #42
Resident Waffler

Quote:

"Can we stop calling these young women prostitutes ?
they have the same rights as anyone else
and as we have seen from other serial murderers women in general are vulnerable
This killer needs catching, don't alienate men or women who can help"
If the killer seems to be targetting one section of the community surely it is valid to report that. It could well have a bearing on motive.

Quote:

"Will the police pursue this case less vigorously because "only" prostitutes have been killed?"

I very much doubt it. Murder is murder whatever the profession of the victim(s).

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:59   #43
God Member

I am not questioning the reporting I am just wary of how the police and to a certain extent the media will handle it. How long before the victims families start to suffer more especially at the hands of the media and others. It wont be long before the families are in the eyes of some held responsible for the victims lifestyle.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 15:08   #44
I am Banned

Well if they have sex with people for money there ARE prostitutes! Yes theu are women but they are also prostitutes so they are not saying anything untrue so you cant say anything!
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 16:54   #45
I am Banned

Blooming heck theres concern for a 5th

Police investigating the deaths of three prostitutes have said they are concerned for two other missing women.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..