Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 16:24   #1
God Member

disgrace to the media

Why do the police release statements to the media of the likes of "police are asking for information about the killing of 2 prostitutes".. are they prostitues? who has the right to judge them so early in the investigations? and even if they are why not just say the murder of 2 women?..they are falling into the same trap we had with the yorkshire ripper murders .. we were led on the lines that he only killed prostitutes but it was not true.. these murderd women leave kids.. they are victims of a monster who will kill anyone

Last edited by Mancie; 09-12-2006 at 16:28.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2006, 16:31   #2
Senior Member+

Re: disgrace to the media

I agree, these murdered women are daughters of somebody, mothers, sisters, aunts etc.
Personally, i think prostitution should be legalised and in a controlled mannor. Regular check-ups, legal run houses etc. If they can do it in other countries why not here.
Would save these women from going out in dark back alleys risking their lives.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 17:15   #3

Smile Re: disgrace to the media

here here that man totally agree
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 18:50   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree mancie, the yorkshire ripper didn,t just kill prostitutes,yet the media led us to believe otherwise until much later in the day. and wether prostitution is legal or not is irrelavant these women are human. and so are there families.
Old 09-12-2006, 18:56   #5
Member.

I’d also agree with your sentiments, these are women made vulnerable by the Law in which they trust will protect them and the rest of us from these ********. If anything good can come out of this it should be the legalisation of their trade and the closer protection of the community. I really do think that all aspects of the media should show due respect when innocent lives are taken and much greater thought for the families of those bereaved

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 19:05   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

legalise prostitution? are you mad! these disgusting men go out kerb crawling at night to have paid sex! it should be banned!! then they go home to there girlfriends or wifes! the perverts i dont agree at all
Old 09-12-2006, 19:19   #7
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
legalise prostitution? are you mad! these disgusting men go out kerb crawling at night to have paid sex! it should be banned!! then they go home to there girlfriends or wifes! the perverts i dont agree at all
Some men can find a partner, including many with leaning difficulties or disabilities that prevents them from forming relationships. Some men who do have partners don’t get the love they deserve from their partners and need an outlet. To my mind I would rather have legalised prostitution with both men and women providing a service in a secure environment, with health controls and those on the edge of desperation have somewhere to go. Remove prostitution you will deprive some people of an income and most likely increase the numbers of violent rapes.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 09-12-2006, 19:27   #8
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

emmm some off that i agree with, but the one "Some men who do have partners don’t get the love they deserve from their partners and need an outlet"........sorry but dont agree with that!! thats just an excuse
Old 09-12-2006, 19:34   #9
I am Banned

be fair

say a man called john smith gets murdered and his job was a banker the news will say john smith a banker was murdered today , it just so happens these women were prostitutes so thats what the news stated and if a woman eventualy gets murdered who is a banker ime sure her job will get a mention as well

the other side is

PROSTITUTE MURDERED as a headline will sell more papers then a headline saying WOMAN MURDERED

regardless of how it is reported as long as the police catch him thats the main thing

edit:

there are 2 brothels in blackburn that advertise on the internet , well actualy they call themselves massage parlours but there aint no massage table but there is a 4 poster bed and you can choose from a variety of women to sit oin it with you

cant realy post the link in gen chat for obvious reasons but its a loop hole n the law that allows brothels in teh UK

Last edited by chav1; 09-12-2006 at 19:39.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 19:36   #10
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
emmm some off that i agree with, but the one "Some men who do have partners don’t get the love they deserve from their partners and need an outlet"........sorry but dont agree with that!! thats just an excuse
We're human, and yes some of us are heartless bastards, some of us just make mistakes. but it always take two. That dosn't mean we shouldn't protect and respect others.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 09-12-2006, 19:45   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
We're human, and yes some of us are heartless bastards, some of us just make mistakes. but it always take two. That dosn't mean we shouldn't protect and respect others.
I know were your coming from Doug. Sexual urges are a basic animal instinct in men. Some men who don't get what they want in the bedroom department can live without it having to much of an effect on their life .... but some men can't! I'm glad these women are there to provide a service to these men so that they don't go out and get what they need by force.

I'm another vote for legalise it.

The original thread subject, yes Mancie I was disgusted with the emphasise being on the prostitution also.
Old 09-12-2006, 20:15   #12
I am Banned

thanx to tony blair prostitution is now a means of a woman putting herself through university, not so long ago it was mostly women trying to feed drug habbits etc but now it is becoming a means for women desperate to better themselves to put them selves through university

in america women do prostitution and work as strippers to put themselves through university

another great idea tony blair has taken on from america
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 21:12   #13
Senior Member+

Just been on the news .... a second body has been found.
Old 09-12-2006, 21:21   #14
Resident Waffler

Hang on - how many bodies are we talking about? Mancie said two. Where is this? We've been out most of the day on and off.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 21:41   #15
Senior Member+

Sorry willow, was on the 10pm news tonight. Didnt know it had been announced earlier. This girl has been missing since October and was found close by to the first body. Think they said she was only 19 years old.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..