Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2006, 01:10   #1
Senior Member+

Does society neglect the clever/well mannered??

increasingly i'm beginnin to feel that i should've been a disruptive child/teen who didnt do much at school and i shud encourage other kids to do the same

The other night i went to my nieces prize giving ceremony - she got 4 A's in her a-levels and was given a prize. £10 voucher

yet she was telling me some of the other awards that were up that night such as joe bloggs for continuous progress went to ppl who failed exams and instead got £50 and a trophy. surely this cant be right.

more and more u read of disruptive kids getting xbox 360's and psp's and those that are wellbehaved in school get nothing...

whats going wrong?
Old 20-12-2006, 01:12   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Does society neglect the clever/well mannered??

I think in the long term the four A-levels will be more useful to her than the extra forty quid you get for apparently being naughty.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 01:12   #3
I am Banned

bloody disgusting and it will probably be these thickos that end up robbing from those who work hard for their stuff as well later in life
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 01:16   #4
God Member

Do you know mani my daughter was saying virtually the same thing. If you behave and do well in class you get a few house points ...... on the other hand if you mis-behave you get rewarded with a progress card and trips out to bowling for any progress made ...... and they wonder why kids don't behave!
Old 20-12-2006, 01:17   #5
God Member

We were happy when we were kids if we got a trophy or a bar of chocolate. Thing is nowadays some kids expect more and its the ones who cause chaos who are the ones who get it.

My niece won a trophy a couple of weeks ago and they all got a box of chocolates to go with it and she was happy she'd won the trophy. The box of chocolates was given to her mum to look after but she kept hold of the trophy and was walking around with a big smile on her face.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 01:23   #6
Senior Member+

tinks totally agree. ok hurrah a disruptive kid met his targets but surely rather than setting targets u shud address whats causing this behaviour. and it shud b shown that if u behave well THEN u get rewarded not vice versa

even "thickos" get thru life and dont leach off the system. by doin this the system tells the disruptive kids u can b bad and live off the system
Old 20-12-2006, 01:27   #7
God Member

I'm sure some people will disagree but I think they should shove the little brats that don't want to do their classwork into dingy little classrooms and let the kids that do realise how important an education is get on with learning
Old 20-12-2006, 07:21   #8
God Member

Again some desk jockey decided that the best way to get kids to behave is bribery. Sadley though they cant be that smart because the kids cottened on and now play the system to the full and benifit from it. Its a bit like them holding back the brightest so that the educationally challenged dont look bad.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 07:41   #9

I'm thinking of smashing a few windows, breaking a few legs and setting fire to some cars and then when i'm in prison, get a college course in Website Design paid for then I can have a better job.

Whilst in prison, I can have everything I want and have a break from studying playing on my PSP, PS2, X-Box or watching Sky TV or even smoke some drugs smuggled in.

When I get out, I have a chance of a better job.
Old 20-12-2006, 07:58   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I'm thinking of smashing a few windows, breaking a few legs and setting fire to some cars and then when i'm in prison, get a college course in Website Design paid for then I can have a better job.

Whilst in prison, I can have everything I want and have a break from studying playing on my PSP, PS2, X-Box or watching Sky TV or even smoke some drugs smuggled in.

When I get out, I have a chance of a better job.
Advanced education for yobbo's.

What sounds like heaven should be a living hell so no wonder we have yobs.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 09:28   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Advanced education for yobbo's.

What sounds like heaven should be a living hell so no wonder we have yobs.
Sad but True.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 09:41   #12
Resting in peace

In my humble opinion, this is done to encourage the 'slow learner', even though their efforts amount to very little. The long term benefits such as a chip on the shoulder, anti social behaviour etc may be elliminated,the bright children however should not be neglected at their expence and recognised accordingly.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 09:49   #13
Resting in peace

Quote:
mani, even "thickos" get thru life and dont leach off the system. by doin this the system tells the disruptive kids u can b bad and live off the system
If you tell a person child or otherwise "your thick" they soon begin to believe you. Children need encouragement not devisive comments.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 10:05   #14
Senior Member+

im all for slower learners and people with learning difficulties being encouraged and not put down
however firstly the bright children should not be neglected or prevented from reaching their own potential for the sake of the slower learners
and secondly there are far too many abusing the system claiming they have behavioural problems (ie. they are little yobs who just don't care) who just need a damned good kick up the gluteus maximus
yes achievements (no matter how small) should be rewarded
but a total disregard for the rules of this land should be punished
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 04:08   #15
Senior Member+

there's just a distinct lack of that punishment though

a child in london recently drop kicked *kung-fu style* a teacher - he proceded to swear at the teacher and the headmaster

his punishment?

2 days suspension.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..