Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 17:13   #1

Drug threat to kids!

I've received an e mail I think perhaps I should share with all parents and guardians.

This is a new drug known as 'strawberry quick'.

There is a very scary thing going on in the schools right now that we all need to be aware of.

There is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like strawberry pop rocks (the candy that sizzles and 'pops' in your mouth). It also smells like strawberry and it is being handed out to kids in school yards. They are calling it strawberry meth or strawberry quick.

Kids are ingesting this thinking that it is candy and being rushed off to the hospital in dire condition. It also comes in chocolate, peanut butter, cola, cherry, grape and orange.

Please instruct your children not to accept candy from strangers and even not to accept candy that looks like this from a friend (who may have been given it and believe it is candy) and to take
any that they may have to a teacher, principal, etc. immediately.

Pass this email on to as many people as you can (even if they don't have kids) so that we can raise awareness and hopefully prevent any tragedies from occurring.

Have things really sunk to this level?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drug1.jpg (21.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Drugs 2.jpg (33.7 KB, 9 views)
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2008, 17:22   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Drug threat to kids!

sorry..... DrugScope | Current News Pages | Hoax alert circulating on ‘strawberry-flavoured crystal meth’ or 'strawberry quick'

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 17:25   #3
Beacon of light

I thought that I had read somewhere that this was a hoax, but wasn't sure.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 17:43   #4

Hmm best tell the Tameside Police from whence it originated!
But I hope it is a hoax!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 17:45   #5
Senior Member+

sorry Lampman but alot of these claim to be from police..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 17:54   #6
Senior Member+

Yes there are plenty of hoaxs around,
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 17:56   #7
God Member

Garinda is a hoax.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 18:00   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Garinda is a hoax.
This week I am a faux hoax.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 18:07   #9
God Member

Lampman thankyou very much for putting that up, even though it is a hoax its still important to warn people about things like that, i had an email a few weeks ago that turned out to be a hoax, but hey we cant be too sure can we.....good on ya
Old 05-03-2008, 09:38   #10
Resting in Peace

Have grown up in the sixties, I can honestly say that I never even tried drugs of any kind, uppers, downers, pot, black bombers nothing, ale and fag were enough for me. I still can't get my head round wanting to put a foreign substance in their bodies just for kicks, its bad enough when you have to take prescribed drugs, I use no fewer that 11 different medications every day just to stay alive. People who try to get kidshooked on these drugs need stringing up by the b****
Old 05-03-2008, 13:06   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Drug threat to kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Have grown up in the sixties, I can honestly say that I never even tried drugs of any kind, uppers, downers, pot, black bombers nothing, ale and fag were enough for me. I still can't get my head round wanting to put a foreign substance in their bodies just for kicks, its bad enough when you have to take prescribed drugs, I use no fewer that 11 different medications every day just to stay alive. People who try to get kidshooked on these drugs need stringing up by the b****
Like you jaysay I have never knowingly taken an illegal drug, although on one occasion I am pretty sure that someone spiked my drink. But that was many, many years ago and I haven’t found the need to use alcohol for at least 15 years. I much prefer to keep my brain clear so that I can think up suitable punishment for drug pushers.

But I couldn’t publish my thoughts on here.
Old 05-03-2008, 14:31   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Like you jaysay I have never knowingly taken an illegal drug, although on one occasion I am pretty sure that someone spiked my drink. But that was many, many years ago and I haven’t found the need to use alcohol for at least 15 years. I much prefer to keep my brain clear so that I can think up suitable punishment for drug pushers.

ya don't usually bother!
Old 05-03-2008, 17:24   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post

Why not Jambutty I for one would be very interested and very supportive as well
Old 05-03-2008, 17:30   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Me too Jaysay. I would have believed this report too as these swines will stop at 'nowt' to get people onto drugs ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 17:41   #15
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Drug threat to kids!

Quote:
If I did someone would chirp up to say that I am exacting revenge. You can bet your sweet life I would be. Addiction to drugs is an illness. Pushing drugs is a despicable crime where hanging is too good for them.

I would force them to take the drug that they are pushing until they are well and truly addicted and then make them go cold turkey. And just as they are getting over their addiction I would sell them more drugs. To earn the money they would have to prostitute themselves on the streets.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..