Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 19:58   #91
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: EDL mayhem in Blackburn tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Come on be honest.. the EDL do come across as idiots.
This EDL bloke is complaining about mosques not being built in Mecca..it's a good laugh
Yeah we've all seen those vids, now would you like me to post some of your leftie friends or maybe a couple about those peaceful members of the muslim community?

I won't because that's childish

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2011, 20:01   #92
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I doubt it has changed all that much in 10 years
How wrong you are going to be when the figures are released, if you believe them

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 10-04-2011, 20:06   #93
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I can't be arsed to read all through the posts and join in with a political argument that has no real conclusion, I'd just like to add that I'd solve many problems by doing with translators.

If you can't speak English then you shouldn't be here claiming our benefits or using our judicial system, or sitting in our doctors waiting rooms. It fair irks me sitting in an NHS outlet and nearly all the posters are in foreign language.
This is one of many things that needs changing and believe me Rob you are not alone in being annoyed.

Old 10-04-2011, 20:06   #94
Senior Member+

Hey i will hold my hands up and say I am wrong if that % is higher for muslims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
How wrong you are going to be when the figures are released, if you believe them
Old 10-04-2011, 20:11   #95
Senior Member+

Posters being up in multiple languages doesn't bother me and doesn't annoy me. But I agree they should stop letting people move here perm that cannot speak the 1st language of the country
Old 10-04-2011, 20:12   #96
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The EDL aren't a political party so their protests & shouting can't bring about anything in a political sense, but they are rather loud & prominent in their presence. I feel that a lot of what they say is privately held to be true by many less vociferous proponents (for whatever reasons), but this "agreement" is tempered by the view that the bulk of EDL supporters are white, workingclass, poorly educated, football hooligans or ex BNP supporters.

The EDL claim of being multiracial & all encompassing, non discriminatory (sexually or racially) with the stated aim of preventing the creep of Islam & its associated tenets across the UK, while sounding reasonable doesn't really appear that way when viewing the supporters seen at such demonstrations, (I refer here purely to colour as at a glance you can't really make out someones sexual orientation in most cases) admittedly a Sikh chap is frequently mentioned but that appears to be all, not many Asian faces can be seen within the EDL ranks at these rallies.

Having said that though, because of the obvious support overt & covert for the EDL, plus the self claimed increase in new supporters allegedly swelling their ranks, isn't it time for politicians to seriously look at the issues & insist on a more vocal & open debate with the parties concerned to show unity & highlight just what is expected & meant by tolerance, integration & acceptance, these goals should be mutual to improve cohesion within communities & the wider UK, respect is a 2 way street & all sides need to partake & make concessions where applicable.

But & it's a big but, the UK's sovereignty & statutes should be the overriding denominator in all things, this is the UK when all is said & done so all British citizens & guests should abide & adhere to her laws & rules when in residence within her shores. For those not fortune enough to be born within this sceptred Isle or her dominions, you chose her because of her liberal attitudes, right to freedom, graciousness & bounty, so accept them & do not try to enforce change on her & her people, parallel societies are divisive ! Should you wish to live by "your ways & morals" she is not for you, so go where such ways are practised & may you find happiness in your choice.
Top post Dave, at the moment it's about making noise so more people will understand what the EDL is. They cannot stop skinheads and football fans from joining but they are attempting to remove any nazis that may have joined whilst at the same time encourging all people from all faiths and gender to join.

Old 10-04-2011, 20:17   #97
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Hey i will hold my hands up and say I am wrong if that % is higher for muslims
Start stretching, did you know that Mohammed is the most popular name for a new born boy in the UK?

Old 10-04-2011, 20:27   #98
Senior Member+

I have heard that before... but talking about believing statistics..... do you actually believe that to be true?

Oliver was apparently the most popular before and I know nobody with a child called Oliver.
Old 10-04-2011, 20:42   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Top post Dave, at the moment it's about making noise so more people will understand what the EDL is. They cannot stop skinheads and football fans from joining but they are attempting to remove any nazis that may have joined whilst at the same time encourging all people from all faiths and gender to join.
Does that include Muslims then?
Old 10-04-2011, 21:07   #100
God Member

Quote:
Yeah we've all seen those vids, now would you like me to post some of your leftie friends or maybe a couple about those peaceful members of the muslim community?

I won't because that's childish
I posted the vid because it's funny...left wing,right wing, muslim.. you can stick what you like on it's not down to me
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 21:31   #101
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Does that include Muslims then?
Yes

Old 10-04-2011, 21:32   #102
Accy Red

Quote:
I posted the vid because it's funny...left wing,right wing, muslim.. you can stick what you like on it's not down to me
Of course they are funny, they are all videos of me.

Old 10-04-2011, 21:35   #103
God Member

Quote:
Of course they are funny, they are all videos of me.
.. can't all be you.. no sign of a scouse accent in any of them!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:07   #104
God Member

Quote:
.. can't all be you.. no sign of a scouse accent in any of them!
surely there is a line even the EDL will not cross..

they allow scousers?

edit

i appologoise for my blatant scousism and am currently working on my scouseist views.I beg that there be no scouse protest marches as i dont think our town center could survive the static build up from over 100 shell suits gathered in one place

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 11-04-2011 at 03:10.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:02   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
This is one of many things that needs changing and believe me Rob you are not alone in being annoyed.
There are things that I can agree with you on Baggy, but not religion, mac made some good observations regarding translators and the like, I know that if you are in say Spain France Germany etc and you need an interpreter, you pay for one yourself, that's the way it should be, but the Uk is about the only place on earth it isn't. It's the same in the NHS to my way of thinking, the only time your NHS treatment is free at the point of access is when its your right, so I think you should have lived in this country for SAY 5 years before its free and then only if you meet the right criteria, excluding EU there are women who are pregnant, who book holidays to the UK just to coincide with the birth, wonderful. I've always wondered why, when I had a chest infection that I only get a course of antibiotics consisting of say 30 capsules (or a ten day course) when some members of ethnic communities get 60 capsules, and I know that for a fact because I have a mate who's wife is a dispensing chemist, and it does happen regularly, but as I've said before this is nothing to do with religion, this is about right and wrong

Last edited by jaysay; 11-04-2011 at 09:05.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..