Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2011, 20:36   #31
God Member

Re: Electromagnetic pollution

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
What's next on your hit list?
Are you volunteering?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2011, 20:59   #32
Resting In Peace

Quote:
What's next on your hit list?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Are you volunteering?
No, but I'm enjoying this.

Hilarious.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 21:59   #33
Senior Member+

its impossible to remove all electromagnetic radiation from the environment, tuning a radio accross all frequencies will tell you how much is being transmitted, if you have an older telly ie cathode ray, it is firing 50 watts of emf straight at you. there is also a emf pulse every time you switch electricity on or off.
So making a cuppa to calm your nerves from all the worry about emf gives you a pulse everytime you turn it on and then when it boils.And dont think about warming a pie up in the microwave
I dont think everyday emf is of any detriment to people, I think it is a matter of degree, the emf from a nuclear bomb could really spoil your day.
Barrie Yates likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 22:14   #34
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
its impossible to remove all electromagnetic radiation from the environment, tuning a radio accross all frequencies will tell you how much is being transmitted, if you have an older telly ie cathode ray, it is firing 50 watts of emf straight at you. there is also a emf pulse every time you switch electricity on or off.
So making a cuppa to calm your nerves from all the worry about emf gives you a pulse everytime you turn it on and then when it boils.And dont think about warming a pie up in the microwave
I dont think everyday emf is of any detriment to people, I think it is a matter of degree, the emf from a nuclear bomb could really spoil your day.
Greatpost Dave, sums the situation up well. Let's all find something else to worry about.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 22:18   #35
Senior Member+

the funny thing is, we always do.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 06:31   #36
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

No use talking sense in a thread Mags has started, she just does the internet equivalent of sticking her fingers in her ears and shouting La, La, La, at the top of her voice, she puts you on her ignore list.
(But don't worry it isn't too bad, curiosity gets the better of her within a day or so and she has to peek at what you've said).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 06:44   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No use talking sense in a thread Mags has started, she just does the internet equivalent of sticking her fingers in her ears and shouting La, La, La, at the top of her voice, she puts you on her ignore list.
(But don't worry it isn't too bad, curiosity gets the better of her within a day or so and she has to peek at what you've said).
I wonder how does she see what you write if your on her ignore list?
Old 14-11-2011, 07:26   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I wonder how does she see what you write if your on her ignore list?
As usual, you ask a question you already know the answer to.
If someone is on an ignore list their post doesn't show up, people answer that post, if she's lucky they will even quote the post saving her the effort of taking you off her ignore list, if it isn't quoted her curiosity always gets the better of her and she just can't resist the temptation of having a look, then 99 times out of 100, she actually comments about a post from someone she claims to ignore.
Not a very stable form of commitment is it?
Old 14-11-2011, 08:25   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Greatpost Dave, sums the situation up well. Let's all find something else to worry about.
Amen to that susie, hell if we had to worry about everything that people say (and governments pay billions for in research into) we might as well lie down a die, you only pass this way once, why waste time on what could happened its bad enough when it does
Old 14-11-2011, 08:47   #40
God Member

Quote:
As usual, you ask a question you already know the answer to.
If someone is on an ignore list their post doesn't show up, people answer that post, if she's lucky they will even quote the post saving her the effort of taking you off her ignore list, if it isn't quoted her curiosity always gets the better of her and she just can't resist the temptation of having a look, then 99 times out of 100, she actually comments about a post from someone she claims to ignore.
Not a very stable form of commitment is it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avatar_9672.jpg (6.5 KB, 80 views)

Old 14-11-2011, 08:51   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
When Neil drew my attention to EMF radiation in my 'change ISP' thread, I did some websearching about it.
I think Neil should be ashamed of himself, he knows how vulnerable you are to your fears of such things and has deliberately worked on this weakness just to stir things up.
I do hope that you will soon be able to come to terms with your latest fad and that in future he will refrain from such mean and cowardly manipulation.
Old 14-11-2011, 09:08   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I think Neil should be ashamed of himself, he knows how vulnerable you are to your fears of such things and has deliberately worked on this weakness just to stir things up.
I do hope that you will soon be able to come to terms with your latest fad and that in future he will refrain from such mean and cowardly manipulation.
See, Less is a very caring person Margaret
Old 15-11-2011, 01:18   #43
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Your just not used to me being helpful.
After I pointed her in the right direction she has researched the problem and sorted it out.
I could have just left her to be microwaved to death by her wifi router.
Old 01-10-2012, 13:21   #44
God Member

Dr. Leif Salford is a swedish neurosurgeon who has conducted experiments on the effects of microwave radiation on the brains of rats. The results show death of brain cells.
THE WORK OF LEIF SALFORD • Cellular Phone Task Force

This a very technical video where he explains the experiments
Electromagnetic Fields and Leakage of the Blood Brain Barrier: Dr. Leif Salford - YouTube!

You probably will continue to use your cellphone after reading this (with links) because you consider that it makes your life easier.

Just consider that this easier life may well be made shorter.
Old 01-10-2012, 14:03   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
so how many conspiracy theorists DOES it take to change a lightbulb?
Two: One to hold it, and one to hammer it in. Or is that engineers
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..