Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2011, 10:36   #16
Junior Member+

Re: Euro lottery winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Be prepared to take out a big bank loan
With £161million in my account, I think a more likely scenario would be me lending the banks money.
Pendle Portraits is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2011, 10:42   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Portraits View Post
With £161million in my account, I think a more likely scenario would be me lending the banks money.
don't lend any Greek Banks owt.
Old 18-07-2011, 10:47   #18
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
don't lend any Greek Banks owt.
No chance mate. It'd be sound investments financing worthy causes for me.
Old 18-07-2011, 11:52   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
If I'd won £161million, I'd employ someone to go through the begging letters, sorting them into 'scroungers' and 'possible genuine cases that need help'. Then I'd hire someone to quietly investigate those cases to see if they really are genuine.

With that sort of money, I really wouldn't mind sharing some of it with genuine worthy causes and I wouldn't mind spending a tiny fraction of it sorting out the worthy causes from the scroungers. It'd be like being on 'The Secret Millionare' on telly.
It would be cheaper to respond to those begging letters, by replying to them, & enclosing a card directing them to the nearest benifits office, then post it off without a stamp.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 17:59   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
25 years ago when I lived in Hassy a guy a few doors down won £800,000 on Littlewoods, it was all over the LET at the time, he had to employ a bouncer to stand outside his front door and after a few days the postman stopped doorstep deliveries, they used to bring his mail in a van, that was for about 2 weeks until it tailed of, £161 million, ya you'd still need a bank loan
Old 19-07-2011, 07:26   #21
Junior Member+

So would you guys keep it all to yourself and not help out any worthy causes at all?
Old 19-07-2011, 07:43   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So would you guys keep it all to yourself and not help out any worthy causes at all?
i would certainly aid worthy causes, but begging letters sure wouldn't be on my list.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:00   #23
Junior Member+

Quote:
i would certainly aid worthy causes, but begging letters sure wouldn't be on my list.
The way I see it, a person sends a begging letter for one of two reasons, they are either shameless scroungers or they have genuinely run out of options and had to swallow their pride.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:01   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The way I see it, a person sends a begging letter for one of two reasons, they are either shameless scroungers or they have genuinely run out of options and had to swallow their pride.
agree but a high percentage are the first option.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:13   #25
Junior Member+

Quote:
agree but a high percentage are the first option.
Oh I agree completely, but with £161million, I could easily afford to employ someone to sort out the genuine cases from the scroungers.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:34   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh I agree completely, but with £161million, I could easily afford to employ someone to sort out the genuine cases from the scroungers.
How would you know, take a look at just how convincing some of these scroungers are and Saints and Scroungers running on BBC1 at 11-45am each day, sure would open your eyes
Old 19-07-2011, 08:38   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm with you on this one cashy, there are plenty of genuine good causes, Asthma UK, NOS, Cancer UK, The Christie, Age Concern (or what its called now, seeing I've just joined the club officially) and a local charity too, Stanley

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..