Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2011, 09:20   #1
Resting in Peace

Euro lottery winners

Lottery winners flee to Spain as the begging letters pour in | Mail Online

It seems the lucky couple have had to flee to spain because the beginning letters are flooding in, well what did they expect, when you enter a lottery there's a chance you could win that's why I always tick the no publicity box, even on the pools, sure it would make life just a tad easier, what do you do?
Old 17-07-2011, 09:26   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Euro lottery winners

I only do the lottery jaysay and like you I don't want publicity.

Stick it in the big crate under the bed mate if you win, tell not a soul, apart from me, I won't blab.
Old 17-07-2011, 09:26   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Lottery winners flee to Spain as the begging letters pour in | Mail Online

It seems the lucky couple have had to flee to spain because the beginning letters are flooding in, well what did they expect, when you enter a lottery there's a chance you could win that's why I always tick the no publicity box, even on the pools, sure it would make life just a tad easier, what do you do?
In this day and age you can tick all the no publcity boxes you want, to keep something like that secret would be virtually impossible. I'd be going further than Spain
Old 17-07-2011, 09:51   #4
Beacon of light

Me too....and all the letters that are just addressed to 'The Weirs'........I would ask the post office to shred them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 11:10   #5
God Member

what about the stalkers largs will be full of them lol largs is a nice place which looks onto cumbrae in fact when i went last week i met somebody from accy lol
Old 17-07-2011, 12:08   #6
Senior Member+

I wouldnt want the publicity but like Dave says it would be hard to keep it quiet.

I would try my best though to do it.

If I won that amount i would give some to charity but not people with thier begging bowls.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 12:34   #7
God Member

i think you can buy your own island for around 50 million in the tropics and still have plenty left over to get by .

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 18:40   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i think you can buy your own island for around 50 million in the tropics and still have plenty left over to get by .
Probably get a Greek one for a bit less.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 18:44   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Probably get a Greek one for a bit less.
hell you could probably buy greece for a fiver if your prepared to wait a few weeks

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 20:13   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
hell you could probably buy greece for a fiver if your prepared to wait a few weeks
Still got most of my Marbles.......Shut up Jay.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 09:15   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
In this day and age you can tick all the no publcity boxes you want, to keep something like that secret would be virtually impossible. I'd be going further than Spain
Me thinks nobody would want to find you if you went to Burnley Dave
Old 18-07-2011, 09:16   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Still got most of my Marbles.......Shut up Jay.
you know me too well Beni
Old 18-07-2011, 09:20   #13
Resting in Peace

I've been thinking what I'd about the begging letters if I won so much dosh, and after lots of consideration I decided I'd keep sending them
Old 18-07-2011, 10:23   #14
Junior Member+

If I'd won £161million, I'd employ someone to go through the begging letters, sorting them into 'scroungers' and 'possible genuine cases that need help'. Then I'd hire someone to quietly investigate those cases to see if they really are genuine.

With that sort of money, I really wouldn't mind sharing some of it with genuine worthy causes and I wouldn't mind spending a tiny fraction of it sorting out the worthy causes from the scroungers. It'd be like being on 'The Secret Millionare' on telly.
Pendle Portraits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2011, 10:33   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Portraits View Post
If I'd won £161million, I'd employ someone to go through the begging letters, sorting them into 'scroungers' and 'possible genuine cases that need help'. Then I'd hire someone to quietly investigate those cases to see if they really are genuine.

With that sort of money, I really wouldn't mind sharing some of it with genuine worthy causes and I wouldn't mind spending a tiny fraction of it sorting out the worthy causes from the scroungers. It'd be like being on 'The Secret Millionare' on telly.
Be prepared to take out a big bank loan

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..