Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2008, 11:19   #76
God Member

Re: Fags & Booze Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post

I can buy 400 gms of roll up tobacco @ 1.85 euros.
400grams for 1.85? I doubt it. even 40g must be poor quality stuff, I know teh price is moderated in Spain and in Madrid last week it was ~4 euros for 50g of golden V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I can buy 5 litres of wine from a local bodega @ 5 euros.
Your welcome to it at that price, there is more to life than quantity you know. How much is turps, you might as well be drinking that!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2008, 11:22   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Are you having a laugh? We're under Labour at the moment....
Ahh, you can tell your only a pup. I just about remember what Labour used to be like and let me tell you its nowt like this lot.

As others said, more tory than teh tories

Old 13-03-2008, 11:22   #78
Give, give, give member

Quote:

This reminds me of when I had just met my seminar group at uni for the first time and I was overwhelmed by all the intelligent people walking around

Madness
You'll find that is also quite common in most mental health wards.

Madness.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2008, 12:12   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
400grams for 1.85? I doubt it. even 40g must be poor quality stuff, I know teh price is moderated in Spain and in Madrid last week it was ~4 euros for 50g of golden V

Your welcome to it at that price, there is more to life than quantity you know. How much is turps, you might as well be drinking that!
yeh ian but 4 euros is only around £3, its a tenner here, and wine you can pay 3 euros max for is around £5/6 in our supermarkets.
Old 13-03-2008, 12:33   #80
God Member

No argument cashy but he is quoting far below th eprices I said. 1.85 euros is what £1.50 for 40g? as for wine, 60p/litre is cheaper than teh vinegar for his chips.

I agree that its crazy the prices over here but they aren't what he claimed.

Old 13-03-2008, 13:16   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Are you having a laugh? We're under Labour at the moment....

This reminds me of when I had just met my seminar group at uni for the first time and I was overwhelmed by all the intelligent people walking around and then one said she thought the tories and the conservative party where two different things...

Madness
There was a time when i thought Labour and Tories were two different parties.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2008, 13:19   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
they were,but yer wide awake mate.
Old 13-03-2008, 23:06   #83
God Member

Quote:
So in other words Labour go crap so you find a way of tying the conservatives into the equation.

There is only so much you can do to help some people, so even though I don't support them I think Labour deserve a break. So just stop voting for them. Pure and simple.

Nobody can deny that David Cameron was tremendous for his part. I loved his quip at the minister for children too Got to love him.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008, 00:24   #84
Resting in Peace

A conservative by definition conserves, you can call them what you want Labour Tory Liberal There is no differance.They all conserve and they all conserve for themselves,we are but pawns in a game.Yes I know It's sad but never the less It's true.
Old 14-03-2008, 00:44   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
A conservative by definition conserves, you can call them what you want Labour Tory Liberal There is no differance.They all conserve and they all conserve for themselves,we are but pawns in a game.Yes I know It's sad but never the less It's true.
a tory MP once told me that but Cyfr said i was a liar.
Old 14-03-2008, 00:57   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
a tory MP once told me that but Cyfr said i was a liar.
Don't know Cyfr but he sounds like a Celt
Old 17-03-2008, 20:58   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I agree that its crazy the prices over here but they aren't what he claimed.
I have got to pick up on that one:
Domingo tobaco is what I buy here for (are you taking note?)
1.85 Euros for 40g....my keyboard went mad at the 400 claim.
GV is 4.30 Euros for 50g.....wine of the superior variety (Rioja) is between 2.05 Euros and 4.95 for Reserva.....You can buy wine in the local bodagas at 95C a litre......drinkable but strong.
I pay 10.95 Euros for a litre of Captain Morgan Rum.
I pay 4.95 Euros for 4 X 2 Litres of diet coke.
Petrol is 1.14 Euros a litre.
The conversion rate for the euro against the pound is 1.26 and falling.
The temperature here today was 23 degrees.....bit chiily in the slight wind but!!!!!
Go for it Entwisi - Plain English please

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 21:27   #88
Resting in Peace

I may be wrong but I think the price of petrol includes the road tax.Rum sounds pricey.
Old 17-03-2008, 21:45   #89
God Member

Quote:
This is not what the Conservatives are about. I've met a lot of parliamentary candidates, and they don't take this view, the vast majority are there to help people less fortunate than themselves.

I'm certainly not in Politics to conserve for myself, I am getting involved because everyone should have the chances in life I have had so far, I am there because pragmatic common sense approaches to policy are a good way to make policy, not looking at a book of ideology. I am there because I believe we have the right to liberty, this should be respected by the state, for it exists because of us and not the other way around.

It annoys me when the Conservatives get mis-represented in this way. If they were the party of aristocrats 200 years ago then so what? because today is today, Conservative is only a party name, what matters is what the candidates believe, whether the policies are good and whether they can make a real difference to the lives of the electorate.

I honestly think the people I have spoken to are good people, I honestly believe they mean what they say, they're genuine and really do care about fixing the way certain segments of society are heading.

- Andrew
Old 17-03-2008, 21:52   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

and i will show my arse to the town hall clock,the day that happens, sincerly hope it will,i remember once having dreams. if you or anyone can acheive that in politics, then i will take me hat off to you,and whats more i will even VOTE FOR YA.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..