Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 13:35   #16
God Member

Re: Falklands will it happen again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If you've nout to hide you've nout to bother about
i shut my curtains at night because i dont want people looking in .Im not doing any wrong i just want privacey.Its exactly the same with my computer im not doing any wrong and if teh government thinks i am they shoudl get a warrant to search my computer not spy on me.

this is the UK not iran or china

just another abuse of power under the word terrorism

Any self respecting terrorist will use a proxy outside of teh uk and the government wont be able to monitor them so this law basically monitors everyone but terrorists

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2012, 13:42   #17
God Member

Laws get changed.
What is legal today may be illegal tomorrow.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 13:54   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i shut my curtains at night because i dont want people looking in .Im not doing any wrong i just want privacey.Its exactly the same with my computer im not doing any wrong and if teh government thinks i am they shoudl get a warrant to search my computer not spy on me.

this is the UK not iran or china

just another abuse of power under the word terrorism

Any self respecting terrorist will use a proxy outside of teh uk and the government wont be able to monitor them so this law basically monitors everyone but terrorists
Is it censorship by intimidation? That is people will be scared what they say in e-mails just in case some Government agent is keeping records - where will it lead? If I say "Terrorist" in an e-mail will that mean my e-mail is worthy of further scrutiny?

Who really knows? They say they'll need a warrant to actually read e-mails?

Better not say anything about Argentina then! lol
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 13:56   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
As people demonstrate and riot in Buenos aeries, and we remember the dead from the first falklands campaign thirty years ago. Are we heading for war again with Argentina, and if we are is it worth fighting over? If Argentina do invade will we fight or is the time for colonial outposts gone forever.
I doubt it - they don't have the weapons they had back then - their air force is depleted to what it was then - they are not fit to fight these days!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 14:50   #20
Senior Member+

Just supposing you were feeling really sneaky-
A Boeing 747/400 belonging to Aerolineas Argentinas sends out a mayday signal and requests an immediate emergency landing at Port Stanley (during darkness). It would have to be allowed to land!
As soon as it stops the emergency slides drop and 1500 Argentinean Special Service troops flood out(the 747/400 can carry 660 passengers with seats installed so without seats 1500 troops would be possible). They're supposed to be good, not like the conscripts in 1982!
We only have 1200 troops in total, not that many of them will be deployed at the airfield!
Once they have the airfield troop carriers already airborne come in or they parachute in re-enforcements. A 747 cargo plane could even bring in a few armoured vehicles.
Typhoons can't take off, no airfield, Type 45 destroyer and nuclear sub- no use.
Your move, UK!
It was mentioned on BBC internet and the more you develop the idea(if you're a sneaky Argie) the more possible it seems.
Didn't the Israelis do something similar in Uganda and it worked?

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 03-04-2012 at 14:52.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 14:54   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Laws get changed.
What is legal today may be illegal tomorrow.
And the only reason this is happening is so the elites can further there agenda & persecute anyone who speaks out against what the government are doing
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 15:28   #22
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Just supposing you were feeling really sneaky-
A Boeing 747/400 belonging to Aerolineas Argentinas sends out a mayday signal and requests an immediate emergency landing at Port Stanley (during darkness). It would have to be allowed to land!
As soon as it stops the emergency slides drop and 1500 Argentinean Special Service troops flood out(the 747/400 can carry 660 passengers with seats installed so without seats 1500 troops would be possible). They're supposed to be good, not like the conscripts in 1982!
We only have 1200 troops in total, not that many of them will be deployed at the airfield!
A few small problems with that, Aerolineas Argentinas don't have any Boeing 747-400's in their fleet.
The largest aircraft they have is a Airbus 340 with 287 seats, if you were really lucky you might, just might get 500 troops in with their guns, but thats about it.

Next the exit, well from experience, I can tell you there is no way you are going to exit a aircraft with any equipment attached to you, no bergens no guns and no boots, unless of course you want the slide to tear in the first few men out.

Lastly although Aerolineas Argentinas do fly out of Hermes Quijada International Airport, Rio Grande, this being the only real airport they could use for a possible diversion into the Falklands, the only destination is Buenos Aires, which is no where near the islands.

Before anyone makes assumptions about having a change of flight plan, or not following one, well although they could do that, they will be monitored from their transponder, if they turn it off, they will defienatly be followed and have a very warm reception awaiting them.
The flight plan has to be filed and the Falkland Defenses will have a copy of it, thats the ruels, otherwise again a warm recpetion once they land.

Sounds like a Armchair pilot on the BBC website

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 16:18   #23
Senior Member+

Now you've spoilt it for me, Boeing Guy! I was going to try to raise funding for a film but I won't bother now.
I was even going to make you a star doing the stunt flying in the 747 dodging Rapier missiles!

Funnily enough if you google Argentine+Airlines Aerolineas is listed as having a 747/200?
I suppose jumping out of the top deck of a 747 opposite a couple of machine gun nests could be a bit iffy but they're only Argies after all and if it didn't work we'd have won again, wouldn't we?

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 03-04-2012 at 16:27.
Old 03-04-2012, 16:52   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post

Funnily enough if you google Argentine+Airlines Aerolineas is listed as having a 747/200?
Correction- they did have a 747/200 and a 400 but both are retired, must be an old photo.
All right, the whole idea is rubbish, I won't give up my day job.
Old 03-04-2012, 16:53   #25
JFT96

Don't sweat it Gordon, it would make a good plot for a book though.
Maybe use steel ramps instead of the slides....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 17:08   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Its an invasion of privacy simple as that & shouldn't be allowed
There not interested in me or you, don't believe everything the Guardian spouts out, if by better surveillance of electronic messaging it avoids another 7/7 that's fine by me
Old 03-04-2012, 17:09   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
And the only reason this is happening is so the elites can further there agenda & persecute anyone who speaks out against what the government are doing
You do talk some utter unadulterated crap
Old 03-04-2012, 17:43   #28

Quote:
There not interested in me or you, don't believe everything the Guardian spouts out, if by better surveillance of electronic messaging it avoids another 7/7 that's fine by me
Quote:
You do talk some utter unadulterated crap
They are interested in anybody who doesn't agree with what the government are doing .. & as for 7/7 there is a lot of unanswered questions .. but you believe anything msm tell ya like a good old chap .. nothing to see here .. move along plz

I talk crap ? lol .. I haven't got my head in the sand unlike some people
Old 03-04-2012, 18:10   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
They are interested in anybody who doesn't agree with what the government are doing .. & as for 7/7 there is a lot of unanswered questions .. but you believe anything msm tell ya like a good old chap .. nothing to see here .. move along plz

I talk crap ? lol .. I haven't got my head in the sand unlike some people
No its stuck firmly up your rear end
Old 03-04-2012, 18:32   #30

Quote:
No its stuck firmly up your rear end
Nothing else better to say eh ? , Look if people want to believe the msm so be it , but at end of the day they are government run & will only tell you what the government want you yo know .. why do you think they are after locking down the internet ? because people are waking up to the corruption & the lies they spout!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..