Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2010, 09:29   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: For Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Sorry John, just spent the afternoon having my sides sewn up.

Explain the phrase 'spare time' to me again?
Spare time, well I come on here in my spare time
Old 31-10-2010, 09:31   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
She doesn't do that in a car, the excitement of a steam engine doing that might prove too much.
Is that why she married a charming slow bouncer like you Ken
Old 29-10-2012, 19:21   #18
I am Banned

For Less.
Model Railway Show at Bacup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model Railway Show.jpg (55.5 KB, 12 views)
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 07:37   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
For Less.
Model Railway Show at Bacup.
Thanks for that I might be able to make it this year, hey Mick, fancy a pint in yet another foreign town?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 07:39   #20
Resting in Peace

The £8 to get in would buy 2 rounds in the Railway

Last edited by Mick; 30-10-2012 at 07:42.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 07:57   #21
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Sorry, yes I understand now, when you tell me you're a railway enthusiast you mean the pub on B'burn Rd, not, Mr Hornbys' excellent models.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 12:38   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
O for the days when eight quid would get me hammered for almost a week.

I still have model trains ... altho' I took apart my layout when I last moved. I've got lots of stuff ... all N scale ... I should get back into it after hunting season is over.

I still remember my first train set ... Hornby, Duchess of Athol ... what a beauty
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 13:34   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

I still remember my first train set ... Hornby, Duchess of Athol ... what a beauty
Eric, my one and only model train set would have been right up your street, you being Canadian.
It was the big gauge('O'?) and it was an American engine with a cow catcher, headlamps and a caboose behind the carriages. Weighed a ton.
The only problem was it was so big that to have a good run he had to build me tracks right through the house and down the back garden so it didn't get played with that often.
Heaven knows where he got it from(not new) in the late 40s, probably a collectors item now.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 14:34   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Eric, my one and only model train set would have been right up your street, you being Canadian.
It was the big gauge('O'?) and it was an American engine with a cow catcher, headlamps and a caboose behind the carriages. Weighed a ton.
The only problem was it was so big that to have a good run he had to build me tracks right through the house and down the back garden so it didn't get played with that often.
Heaven knows where he got it from(not new) in the late 40s, probably a collectors item now.
Sounds like it could be a Lionel ... They are still popular with collectors over here, and some of the early ones are probably worth a lot of money. HO or Double "O" is much more appropriate for smaller areas. N Scale is even better if you have limited space, or if you want to build large complicated layouts that don't take over your house You can even get Z scale if you want a layout in your desk drawer at work. For those living in a shoe box, there are even smaller scales ... but they are not all that practical or popular.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..