Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2008, 15:07   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Freeview

just checked ours for the switchover= Good News you will be able to recieve all the Freeview channels etc etc, cheers for the link.
Old 20-03-2008, 15:10   #17
Senior Member+

I was under the impression that if you get any BBC chanels or radio then you have to pay for a licence, even online as you are viewing it, if you dont get any of the bbc chanels even through the radio station then you dont pay, but im sure you can pick up the bbc chanels on most radio even live on the internet
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 17:37   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I think BBC are bringing out Freesat later this year, which will be a one off connection fee of approx £85.00 for the set top box and aeriel. It will also be HD.
Its pointless them making it HD as it very rarely puts programs out on HD claytonender. I have had an HD box for over 12 months and when I go on and see if a certain program is screened in HD 9 times out of ten its not, the only thing is it can only get better but with he BBC anything can happen
Old 20-03-2008, 17:37   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
As far as I have ever been aware you only need a license if you are streaming live channels, whereas BBC iPlayer is delayed by a particular amount of time.

That surprised me, maybe you could check up on the actual working of the law relating to TV licenses. The license is supposed to be for operating TV signal receiving equipment. Streaming it across the internet live or otherwise does not require the use of a TV signal receiver. Was the law changed? If so when and to what.

Come on Michelle put your law brain into gear and find out the actually wording on the Bill or whatever supports this law.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..