Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2007, 23:03   #31
God Member

Re: gay adoption

I have NOT read any of the posts above.......

I can't be arsed (lmao) but................

IMO I would have no reason to doubt that a gay ( either male gay or lesbian gay) would be un-suitable to bring a child/children up.

As long as the child is well looked after....cared for and loved.....who actually gives a flying ( ok I remembered the swearing ban just in time).

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-01-2007, 23:08   #32
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

I just know if I was ten and living in care, I'd much rather live with two people that loved me, and made me feel part of a family, regardless of their gender.
I think that goes for colour mix too. It use to get me so mad when couples were turned down for adoption because they only had brown children available and the prospective parents were regarded as too pale!

There was one particular set of twins, with blond hair and blue eyes no less, but they could not be adopted by a white couple because they had a brown skinned west indian great grannie (whom they had never met.) They'd been brought up by their white mother amongst white relatives with white grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins but when the mother was no longer able to take care of them for whatever reason the adoption people were looking for a black or mixed race couple. Wouldn't that have possibly been a culture shock for them?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:10   #33
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: gay adoption

I was hoping that someone would start a thread on this issue because I had already started two and that is enough for one day.

However since the thread is now here . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The law is the law, is the law and should apply to all citizens of the land without fear or favour. FULL STOP!

Where this issue has gone all wrong is allowing homosexual couples to adopt in the first place.

Before you start hurling brick bats at me just hear me out.

Nature has decreed that the offspring of a species are brought about by the union of the male sperm and female egg and only men can produce sperm and only women harbour eggs. Thus the natural order of things is that only a man and a woman can begat offspring. Mother Nature has been around a lot longer than man’s silly laws and I would suggest that she knows best.

A child needs a male and a female role model and in the case of single parent families a child will often find the missing role model outside the home, a relative, an older sibling perhaps, a teacher or just the person next door or across the street or even a friend’s parent. They could do just that as a child of a gay or lesbian couple but would they be allowed to? Just remember that in the formative years (before they start proper school) the home influence is the strongest and lasts the longest. Allow a child to get their own way all the time during those years and you will end up with a selfish little prig.

Children are impressionable, they have to be otherwise they wouldn’t learn anything. Children have been trained (turned if you like) into pickpockets, shoplifters, drug runners, con artists to name just a few un-childlike behaviours and for want of a better description “queers”. If little Jenny is kissed and cuddled by her mummy it won’t turn her into a lesbian but an adopted child isn’t with its natural parents. If a male child is kissed and cuddles by his gay adopted father and then both of them he will grow up to think that is the natural order of things.

Children learn about life primarily from their parents and they learn about life from a female perspective and from a male perspective from their mother and father. The female perspective is missing with a gay couple and the male perspective is missing with a lesbian couple.

First of all a child’s welfare and well-being comes BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.

Imagine the cruel ribbing at school when it is found out that little Johnny has two daddies living in the same house and no mummy. You can bet your sweet life that he will be the victim of name calling far worse then “hey fatty” or “four eyes”. That in itself is reason enough for gay men or couples not to be allowed to adopt a child. The same applies to lesbians.

A gay man prefers emotional and sexual ties with another man. Similarly for women. What concerns me most is that if a gay couple adopt a boy there is every possibility that one or both of them will groom that boy to be gay and all that would lead to. Not to put too a fine point on it but sex with a virgin is sought after by most men and sex with a male virgin is also sought after by gay men. IF IT HAPPENS ONCE IT IS ONCE TOO OFTEN.

A heterosexual child, if there is such a thing, can be turned. I know I have seen it happen at school to a classmate. At 13 he was like the rest of us, chasing girls and all that went with it. Then he met a guy at the baths that use to be at the top of St. James Street just below the pit and the next thing we knew he had a smart new pair of swimming trunks, then goggles then cap and so on. He stopped coming out with us lot but went to this guy’s house instead. I then met up with him whilst we were training at Bank Hall in Burnley and during the train journey he started to make advances to me. He stopped when a fist rattled his teeth.

Gay and lesbian couples should not be allowed to adopt children even if a gay man’s sperm is used with a volunteer woman or a lesbian is impregnated artificially by a donor.

OK! Fire away!

No amount of vetting will tell if the prospective adopter is likely to try and groom a child Gayle.

And now I’m going to bed. I’m not running away I’m just kna oh! I mean tired.
Old 26-01-2007, 23:16   #34
Resident Waffler

Hang on a mo - children don't catch "gayness".

All the gay people that exist or ever have existed in the world were born of a union between a man and a woman and for the majority were brought up by both parents. It didn't stop them being gay just because they had heterosexual parents as role models.

A lesbian Mum kissing her daughter isn't going to kiss the daughter in any different way than a straight Mum does - unless you are implying it will lead to incest.

Sexual orientation isn't contageous.

Old 26-01-2007, 23:20   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Hang on a mo - children don't catch "gayness".

NO but they can sure learn it..................

Talk about obvious................................

I can smell the coffee.
accybabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:23   #36
Give, give, give member

I won't even begin to dignify that homophobic crap by answering every point.

Just answer two questions though Jambutty?

Why does the union of the same man and woman produce both hetrosexual and homosexual offspring, if they have the same up bringing and role models?

Also why is there no greater incidence of homosexuality amongst the children raised by homosexual parents, as there are hertosexual ones?

Happily the ignorance you show Jambutty is dieing out, just like the other Dinosaurs once did.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:23   #37
Resident Waffler

I find it hard to believe that anyone learns to be gay. You is what you is.

Old 26-01-2007, 23:24   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybabs View Post

I can smell the coffee.
How the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ( see I know how to contol my language Mick) do kids catch Gayness??

what fot do!! come home one day and say " hello I'm the only gay in the village - oh maybe not my parents were"

GET A GRIP

Miracles do happen!!

Old 26-01-2007, 23:25   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybabs View Post

I can smell the coffee.

So why do some children 'learn it' and others in the same family don't then?

Think it's time you woke up and smelled the coffee.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:28   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

can anybody honestly say kids do not copy what happens in the home? very many do.and thats why i say NO. its not anti-gay its COMMON SENSE>
Old 26-01-2007, 23:30   #41
I am Banned

I think Accybabs is from a older generation than us so opinion is reflecting that just to add a point
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:31   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
I think Accybabs is from a older generation than us so opinion is reflecting that just to add a point
another generation?? OR another planet?? I think you may have got the two confused Mel

Miracles do happen!!

Old 26-01-2007, 23:32   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
can anybody honestly say kids do not copy what happens in the home? very many do.and thats why i say NO. its not anti-gay its COMMON SENSE>

Thank you cashman...

thank goodness you can see common sense as well......

shame about some others
accybabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:33   #44
Senior Member+

Remember those two blokes who paid for a woman to have their children via artificial insemination a few years back? They had twin boys and went on to use the same lady a little later and now are the proud fathers of a little daughter?

I read an article about their little family a short time ago. The children are well adjusted and have two caring parents. What more could they ask?

As far as I'm concerned, if a child is wanted and loved, does it matter?

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:33   #45
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
another generation?? OR another planet?? I think you may have got the two confused Mel
Erm nope i just paid attention to detail i said older generation the clue is there
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..