Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2006, 16:09   #1
Senior Member+

Gilbraith Tankers in clayton...

I was walking down there today with the dogs and noticed that their place looked empty and also that a new fence & gates have been put up all round where you could walk on down to the canal....there is now only a very slim footpath next to where they have fenced off ...I wouldnt like to walk down the new footpath when other people are coming up it or soneone with a pram as there is no room...has gilbraith tankers moved away or what....and anyone else seen whats been done...?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2006, 18:17   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Gilbraith Tankers in clayton...

I just saw it for the first time today and my immediate reaction was "flippin 'eck that's a bit narrow." I'm surprised there's enough room to walk with a dog. I don't know about Gilbraith's but I do know who owns that bit that's being fenced off. We saw a chap trying to carry a huge heavy square type corner pole, like he was about to toss it like a caber. It eventually got the better of him as he staggered about with it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 18:52   #3
Senior Member+

oooooohh...so who owns that bit then willow ? - cos I thought that it was part of gilbraiths..but if they have moved then obviously the new owners of the place have taken the land too....and whats it going to be ??
do tell.......
Old 16-12-2006, 19:00   #4
I am Banned

i cant think where you mean but i bet they have fenced off more land than what they should if they have obstructed a footpath
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2006, 19:21   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
i cant think where you mean but i bet they have fenced off more land than what they should if they have obstructed a footpath
well you know where gilbraiths is ?...
and how you could drive right down next to it and park your car at those tyres that were concreted down ? ok ...
well now they have put gates up and a fence round the land where you were once able to drive your car down...you can no longer drive right down as the gates are at the top of that section of road...where the place that houses the caravans and wagons etc sits...its a big bit they have closed off...and they have made a small footpath for the public to get access to and from the canal...its almost as if its an after thought...
I hope I have explained that well enough...???
Old 17-12-2006, 00:36   #6
Always EVIL within us

Gilbraith Tankers moved out a few weeks back.........and the new owners are AAA Recovery.

According to gossip, there is NO right of way down to the canal HOWEVER, AAA conceded that it would be wise to keep access open as it is used by dog walkers and druggies daily

Because of their business, a high security fence is essential and I am sure that CCTV and other monitoring equipment will soon be erected.

If anyone objects to the fencing, they have until a few days back to lodge a complaint.........thats a week or so AFTER the fence was erected
Old 17-12-2006, 01:05   #7
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
the gates are at the top of that section of road...where the place that houses the caravans and wagons etc sits.
What wagons?

Old 17-12-2006, 08:41   #8
Senior Member+

when I say wagons I mean lorries..from that distribution place on one side and across the way from them is that big yard which seems to be a safe keep for folk with caravans...
and thanks busman for the info...
Old 17-12-2006, 08:58   #9
Resident Waffler

The caravans basically belong to the people who work there. One of them is ours Two of them ised to be ours but we sold one.

Old 17-12-2006, 10:57   #10
Senior Member+

oh right...I thought that you could pay money to the company per month and they would house your caravan/horse box for you...which I thought was great idea...everyones a winner...your vehicle is secure and the company make some easy cash...
Old 19-12-2006, 04:09   #11
Senior Member+

naah the horse box is the owners company car !!
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 07:15   #12

Is that the land next to Allspeeds, that your talking about.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 07:19   #13
Resident Waffler

Down that side off Atlas Street yes.

Old 19-12-2006, 07:21   #14
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
naah the horse box is the owners company car !!
I wonder if she reads AccyWeb ............... and if she does, if she knows who you are.

Old 19-12-2006, 20:53   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I wonder if she reads AccyWeb ............... and if she does, if she knows who you are.

does this face look bovvered?
anyway could have been worse.....
at one time it was the pride of the fleet. lol
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..