Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2012, 10:04   #1
Resting in Peace

Gorgeous George is back

BBC News - George Galloway wins Bradford West by-election

Gorgeous George Galloway is back in Parliament after winning the Bradford West safe Labour seat by over 10,000 majority, seams he's blaming Traitor, Tony Blair for his win
Old 30-03-2012, 10:10   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Gorgeous George is back

'While George Galloway was storming Bradford, the Westminster circus was chasing ministers with pasties and Ed Miliband was munching a sausage roll.'

New Statesman - Labour's insurgency bubble bursts

Yes, a disaster for Labour, in this safe Labour seat.

Perhaps people are wising up.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 10:51   #3
God Member

hopefully more independants will start winning seats and show the crooks and backstabbers we have now that we wont take it any more

sadly though i think the hardened voters will get their way and thats why MPs continue to stab us in the back because they know the mugs will keep voting them in.

lets hope hyndburn breaks the mould and gets our backstabbing MP out on his ear before he sells us down the river any further

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 11:49   #4
God Member

80% postal votes whooooooosh
Old 30-03-2012, 12:04   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
80% postal votes whooooooosh
I hope you are not suggesting that this was a tactical Labour vote to give GG the seat to stop the Tories winning

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 12:15   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I hope you are not suggesting that this was a tactical Labour vote to give GG the seat to stop the Tories winning
I never read it that way, but as i don't want suing i will keep stum.
Old 30-03-2012, 13:23   #7

What was it he said .. This is the " Bradford spring " & the "Muslim uprising" , sound like he stoking the fire to me .. he just like the rest for appeasing em.
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 14:00   #8
God Member

galloways a moron but it does show people are fed up of how things are.With the majority he had it couldnt have just been muslims that voted him in he won by a massive landslide

also credit where credit is due he totally humiliated the american senate when they tried to do him for illigal arms trading to iraq or some other war crime they fabricated

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 30-03-2012, 14:16   #9
God Member

oops forgot to have a giggle at this as well

Quote:
Liberal Democrat candidate Jeanette Sunderland came fourth but polled so few votes the party lost its deposit.

Old 30-03-2012, 14:27   #10
Beacon of light

This win for the RESPECT party only proves one thing. The people of this country are fed up with the stuff that the three main parties keep on feeding us.
It is something that they are going to have to get used to, because I am sure in the future it will happen more frequently.

Having said that, I wouldn't pee on GG if his bum was on fire....it would be a waste of good water.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 14:41   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This win for the RESPECT party only proves one thing. The people of this country are fed up with the stuff that the three main parties keep on feeding us.
It is something that they are going to have to get used to, because I am sure in the future it will happen more frequently.

Having said that, I wouldn't pee on GG if his bum was on fire....it would be a waste of good water.
GG? That would annoy Saddam..........if he was still around.lol
Old 30-03-2012, 15:28   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yes, if Labour can lose so spectacularly to 'Pussy George', people really do feel woefully unrepresented by the mainstream political parties.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 17:30   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:

The fact is it was a one issue election Margaret, anti war, and with so many Muslims in Bradford its not really any great shakes really, but I agree with you on Mr Galloway, neither would I
Old 30-03-2012, 21:03   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman
galloways a moron but it does show people are fed up of how things are.With the majority he had it couldnt have just been muslims that voted him in he won by a massive landslide
I'll bet the vast majority of his votes were from muslims. here's an excerpt from his 'Important message from George Galloway'. Proof that he is indeed a moron, as you say.

God KNOWS who is a Muslim. And he KNOWS who is not. Instinctively, so do you. Let me point out to all the Muslim brothers and sisters what I stand for:

I, George Galloway, do not drink alcohol and never have. Ask yourself if you believe the other candidate in this election can say that truthfully.

I, George Galloway, have fought for the Muslims at home and abroad, all my life. And paid a price for it. I believe the other candidate in this election cannot say so truthfully.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 21:24   #15
Senior Member+

You can say what you like about G.Galloway, he does make politics interesting, and if something is interesting then people engage with it
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..