Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2005, 08:38   #1

Greg Pope warns of email hoax

Has anyone had one of these?

(Taken from Greg Pope's website)

"Please beware of bogus e-mails that are impersonating me and purport to come on behalf of the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee, of which I am actually a member.

These e-mails (there are several versions) are an illegal scam which are being investigated by the police and the Commons authorities.

If you receive any such e-mail please do not respond to it and please delete it immediately.

My official e-mail address is [email protected] and any e-mail purporting to come from me that has a different e-mail address is either a hoax or a scam."
vitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2005, 09:27   #2
God Member

Re: Greg Pope warns of email hoax

I once had an email from a bloke called Tony Blair. That was a scam; he was pretending to be the British Prime Minister.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 09:30   #3
God Member

If any MP sent an email or letter I would take it as "dodgy" or at least someone pulling my leg. It would be odd for them to send email unless it was in response to a query or action they are taking on your behalf.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 09:32   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I once had an email from a bloke called Tony Blair. That was a scam; he was pretending to be the British Prime Minister.
Ah the 2 bit actor is on the prowl again is he. Can we not just stick him in eastenders he would feel right at home there?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 20-12-2005, 09:34   #5
Give, give, give member

I eventually had an email from our last Conservative candidate James Mawdsley, in reply to my query about his pamplet that landed on my mat which said that some countries in the world practised enforced euthanasia on old people.

His reply was a joke because he couldn't give me the answer as to which country did this.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 09:41   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I eventually had an email from our last Conservative candidate James Mawdsley, in reply to my query about his pamplet that landed on my mat which said that some countries in the world practised enforced euthanasia on old people.

His reply was a joke because he couldn't give me the answer as to which country did this.
The way old people are treated in this country it could have been here.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 20-12-2005, 09:55   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
The way old people are treated in this country it could have been here.
Although pensioners in the UK don't have quite the retirement they perhaps envisaged, I don't see anyone assisting them to their deaths at sixty and sixty five respectively.

Old 20-12-2005, 10:13   #8
God Member

Quote:
Although pensioners in the UK don't have quite the retirement they perhaps envisaged, I don't see anyone assisting them to their deaths at sixty and sixty five respectively.
Depends how you define having them work till they drop as the govenment wants.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 20-12-2005, 10:15   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Although pensioners in the UK don't have quite the retirement they perhaps envisaged
I don't know about that, its not bad........beats working

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 10:16   #10
Give, give, give member

Yes but no one comes round to deliver a fatal injection along with their bus pass.

What James Mawdsley wrote in his leaflet was wrong, a fact he eventually admitted to.

Old 20-12-2005, 10:21   #11
God Member

Quote:
Yes but no one comes round to deliver a fatal injection along with their bus pass.

What James Mawdsley wrote in his leaflet was wrong, a fact he eventually admitted to.
A tory that admits a goof now that is rare enough to be news worthy.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 20-12-2005, 10:21   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Still waiting for my bus pass, will have to get the forms.

Quote:
Think all that is water under the bridge, may be a different candidate next time

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2005, 10:24   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
A tory that admits a goof now that is rare enough to be news worthy.
Only after constant questions, when and I thought his first reply was a joke email.

It was only when I said the members of Accy Web were waiting for a reply that he admitted there was no such country.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..