Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2007, 19:55   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Grow a beard : get some respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Life is strange isn't it?

Not having ever kissed a bearded man I can neither agree or disagree with your statement.

However I have noticed in some magazines that being bereft of facial hair a lot of women do tend to trim other bodily hairs into little tufts, is this some form of beard envy?
Aaah, you never got to kiss Santa when you were little Less, maybe that explains everything ..

As for the latter remark, can't understand this new 'bodily art' (well, could sorta' explain in the over 18's I suppose). Just grateful didn't practice this at the maternity hospital with my last baby .. don't half itch when growing back

Sorry Mani for demeaning yer thread, what is your point ? ... well, mine is anything that is more comfortable for our soldiers facing danger every day in the outposts of our world.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2007, 21:06   #17
Passed away 25-11-09

For what it's worth, I don't think bearded airmen will make any difference to the respect of the Afghans, in fact I don't think they'll take much notice. If they come over here and shave off their beards do we really notice it? We're used to the majority of men being clean shaven so it isn't an issue. If they keep their beards we, well those of us who aren't paranoid, don't think anything of it either.

It's not facial hair, or the lack of it, that commands respect, it's the way people behave.
Old 28-03-2007, 21:08   #18
I am Banned

The worst ever ever bodily hair uurrrgghhhhhh puking at thought has got to be a hairy back
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 21:26   #19
God Member

eeeeewwwwwwwww cant stand facial hair at all beards/tashes... nonono .... clean skin fer me ...
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 21:36   #20
Passed away 25-11-09

My nephew, as a little boy, had a very hairy back! He was covered in a sort of blond fuzz and it was rather attractive, with sort of whorls on his shoulder blades. I haven't seen his back for nearly 30 years so I don't know if he's still the same - he's still blond.

My husband had a reasonably hairy chest and very hairy legs (lovely, muscley "footballer's" legs - I couldn't have married him if they'd been skinny. ) My son is as hairy as his dad was. Not much back hair on either of them, not so's you'd notice, but I don't get it when men shave their body hair. Give me a hairy man every time rather than a "smoothie".
Old 28-03-2007, 21:53   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
but I don't get it when men shave their body hair. Give me a hairy man every time rather than a "smoothie".
Must admit West Ender, even though I don't like face hair, do like hair on the rest of a male body .. even the back. Goin to bed .. said enough about my preferences

Lettie: You got some sort of hormone imbalance? never noticed you in any way shape or form looking masculine, get down to the electrolysis clinic if you bothered ...
Old 28-03-2007, 22:19   #22
Resting in peace

The only ones I kiss with beards are women, although It does amuse me when I see a bald man with a beard, has he no control over his hairy functions, as he can grow hair anywhere other than where his vanity requires it.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 12:02   #23
Senior Member+

I don't like beards, they always make me think the person with one has something to hide. As for bald men with beards, well, that just looks like their head is on upside down.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 12:06   #24
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay View Post
As for bald men with beards, well, that just looks like their head is on upside down.

i heard that one somewhere before
i dont like bald men, i mean the shiny type.....ewwww
dont like bald chests either, for me hairy is better but not on the back....NO NO NO
Old 29-03-2007, 12:21   #25
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Grow a beard : get some respect

Quote:
Growing a beard is an unusual order for UK servicemen as they have been traditionally expected to be clean cut.
Not quite mani. Naval personnel, women excepted, have traditionally grown beards. Although before doing so they had to seek the permission of the captain of the ship or shore establishment.

I don’t know if it applies today but both the RAF and army could grow moustaches. And some did, splendid ones.
Old 29-03-2007, 17:54   #26
God Member

I get enough grief over my hairy catapiller without copping it for a chin warmer. Respect has to be earned and shouldnt rely on facial hair.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 18:08   #27
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Can you wear a hazchem suit or even a gas mask with a beard? I know you can't get a proper seal with an industrial type face mask if you have a beard.
Old 29-03-2007, 18:41   #28
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I know you can't get a proper seal with an industrial type face mask if you have a beard.
What sort of pervert are you, A Conservative M.P.?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 18:47   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What sort of pervert are you, A Conservative M.P.?
You would be amazed at what you can get up to in one of those masks.

A chin warmer just knocks the edge of it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 19:05   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
I get enough grief over my hairy catapiller without copping it for a chin warmer. Respect has to be earned and shouldnt rely on facial hair.
Oh no !! You haven't grown it again, have you Spuggie ?

What's respect got to do with 'owt ? Talking about a fella' being kissable here ...

More to the point as West Ender said .. don't think would make one iota of difference in Afghanistan if the RAF guys grew beards. I always picture them with bar-handle moustaches, but seems they were told to de-hair this practice years ago (somebody at work today told me the year, but forgot ...sorry)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..