Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2007, 18:18   #1
Senior Member+

Grow a beard : get some respect

an interesting concept by the RAF... if it makes life easier for the RAF why shouldnt they?

The Royal Air Force Regiment has relaxed the restriction on the growing of beards for its men in preparation for their deployment to Afghanistan.
Beards are considered to be a sign of status in the country and the air force hopes the move will boost relations.
Growing a beard is an unusual order for UK servicemen as they have been traditionally expected to be clean cut.
Elements of RAF Lossiemouth's 5 Force Protection Wing (5FP) will spend six months defending Kandahar airfield.
The wing includes 51 Squadron RAF Regiment and volunteers from 2622 (Highland) Squadron Royal Auxiliary Air Force.
Royal Marines have also been sporting beards during tours in Afghanistan.
Commanding Officer Squadron Leader Tony Brown said growing a beard was contrary to RAF regulations, but the wing asked permission from higher up the chain of command.

Old 28-03-2007, 18:20   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Grow a beard : get some respect

they are scuffy, lazy and horrible!!
Old 28-03-2007, 18:22   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

Who are?

The R.A.F. or the Marines?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 18:24   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
How I agree .. cannot stand any hairgrowth on a fella's face either. \______/

Think probably thread is after some controversy here, sorry, nothing to offer, 'cept heard a bit of trivia on the Radio today (should be in Gayle's thread really) that if all the beards in the world were shaved off would only cover a third of Wembley stadium. How do they know that ? ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 18:24   #5
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

beards!!!.....unless they are neat!
Old 28-03-2007, 18:27   #6
God Member

Ugly thing beards - even worse is that weird facial topiary where they trim bits off but keep bits on.

Nasty to kiss a bearded man and as Chris will verify, when he grew one for a play a few years back he didn't get much action!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 18:33   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I'm not a lover of beards, my dislike of them dates back to school. I had a teacher who always came back from lunch sporting the full menu in his beard.......Yuk!!!

I haven't time to bother about beards, I am busy contending with my newly acquired tash. Have any other ladies here noticed that you start growing new body parts with advancing years????

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 18:33   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Ugly thing beards - even worse is that weird facial topiary where they trim bits off but keep bits on.

Nasty to kiss a bearded man and as Chris will verify, when he grew one for a play a few years back he didn't get much action!
Life is strange isn't it?

Not having ever kissed a bearded man I can neither agree or disagree with your statement.

However I have noticed in some magazines that being bereft of facial hair a lot of women do tend to trim other bodily hairs into little tufts, is this some form of beard envy?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 18:47   #9
I am Banned

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww beards & tashes are a no go with me yak no nice near my skin!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 18:51   #10
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

give you rashes!!!!!
Old 28-03-2007, 18:59   #11
I am Banned

More like an allergic reaction & make me want to vomit!! Goaties & the like are disgusting!

I like men clean shaven
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 19:02   #12
Passed away 25-11-09

My husband had a beard and it suited him. I made sure he kept it trimmed and neat and it was shampooed, regularly. He shaved it off once, when the youngest child was about 3. She cried her eyes out, our eldest daughter wouldn't speak to him and our son just thought it was hilarious.

I don't like those little bits of half-shaved beards, it's either a proper one or nothing. I like moustaches too, neat clipped ones, probably because my dad had one from when I was a baby, but not bushy droopy ones.

And, girls, there's a world of difference between a full, silky beard and a chin full of stubble.
Old 28-03-2007, 19:08   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
More like an allergic reaction & make me want to vomit!! Goaties & the like are disgusting!
i think it depends what type of goatie to me, the long ones are horrible but a short goatie trimmed neatly are nice
and it depends who they are on, some men look awful with beards
Old 28-03-2007, 19:10   #14
I am Banned

well rather them turn up up wearing beards to get repect than wearing condoms like the advert says yuo have to
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 19:15   #15
God Member

I'm not a massive fan of facial hair or body hair come to think about it, my other half had a tash when I first met him which I got used to but glad its now gone.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..