Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2007, 11:52   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: has anybody seen?

Oh don't worry Blazey, we're good at thread wandering. We usually get back on topic eventually.

I wonder if there has been any bother in town or if this was just a lone protestor making a statement about our Cllr. Dobson.

I didn't stay down there very long and I had been to Blackburn earlier in the morning so if there was any hoohah then I missed it.

(P.S. - just found out there is a Lancaster Tower at Windsor Castle. That's a bit like Leeds Castle being in Kent isn't it?)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2007, 11:54   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Oh don't worry Blazey, we're good at thread wandering. We usually get back on topic eventually.

I wonder if there has been any bother in town or if this was just a lone protestor making a statement about our Cllr. Dobson.

I didn't stay down there very long and I had been to Blackburn earlier in the morning so if there was any hoohah then I missed it.

(P.S. - just found out there is a Lancaster Tower at Windsor Castle. That's a bit like Leeds Castle being in Kent isn't it?)
I dont know but its lancaster as a town that has the suicide rate...
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 11:56   #18
Resident Waffler

That's two good reasons I have now to be glad we didn't move there then - the other was the recent flood warnings which are far worse than the Accy ones.

Anyway, does anybody know if there was any serious bother then or was this banner the sum total of the protest?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 14:07   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
its about the mayor

Oooh naughty.Can anybody vouch for Graham Jones' whereabouts at the time that banner was put up?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 14:09   #20
God Member

I've always found Mayor Dobson an absolute pleasure to converse with.

I've no idea what the banners claims of "corruption" are. I do wish people would express themselves a bit more when they claim such rubbish!
Old 30-06-2007, 14:11   #21
Give, give, give member

Doesn't the new Mayor give his profession as a landord?

Perhaps a tenant been driven to distraction by a dripping tap.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 14:26   #22
God Member

Quote:
That's two good reasons I have now to be glad we didn't move there then - the other was the recent flood warnings which are far worse than the Accy ones.

Anyway, does anybody know if there was any serious bother then or was this banner the sum total of the protest?
I know a couple of people who've been into town today,they didn't see any bother.Looks like this banner was the sum total of the protest.Who'd do an underhand,cowardly thing like that? I've never heard anything bad about the new Mayor before.
Old 30-06-2007, 14:50   #23
God Member

its still there. i think anybody who wants to remove will have to ask permission from network rail or they could get prosecuted for trespassits getting like the old days everything is going full circle political protests whatever next
Old 30-06-2007, 14:55   #24
Senior Member+

I would love to know more about why this banner was put there,it's interesting that it hasn't been removed too. Political intrigue eh ?
Old 30-06-2007, 15:00   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I would love to know more about why this banner was put there,it's interesting that it hasn't been removed too. Political intrigue eh ?
Someone has taken a great risk to put that banner up,they'd have had to stand on the railway line wouldn't they? It won't be an easy task to get it down but I'm sure it will be removed asap.They won't want it left there long will they?
Old 30-06-2007, 15:02   #26
God Member

they might put one up a month explaining themselves.next month might say because .the month after such and such a thing itll be more intersting than the telegraph which is just pants at moment....
Old 30-06-2007, 15:05   #27
Resting in peace

Quote:
This may be a dumb question but where's Lancaster Tower? I go every year but I didn't know it had a tower.
Is it not the nickname for the gaol willow? Relating to the suicides.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 15:06   #28
God Member

It's the same people who do things like this as the ones who leave unsigned karma on Accyweb,too cowardly to do it out in the open and put their name to it.Therefore it is not worth taking any notice of in my opinion.
Old 30-06-2007, 15:08   #29
Senior Member+

Lancaster Uni was alleged to have the highest student suicide rate some 20 years ago when I applied there! The tower is nowt interesting achitecturally or historically, it's just one of the blocks on campus.
Old 30-06-2007, 15:50   #30
Senior Member+

Maybe getting confused between Lancaster and Blackpool? I think one of them has a tower.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..