Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Gary McKinnon have been extradited to the USA?
Yes. 6 30.00%
No. 6 30.00%
He should be tried in the UK. 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2012, 07:56   #31

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Has Gary McKinnon got off with Crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Lets be realistic here guinness, how the hell can it be ensured he goes nowhere near a computer? utter balls to me, yeh can have one in yer pocket now.
Yep, point conceded, I guess it's down to how closely he is monitored, which in these days of mental health cutbacks is probably nowhere near closely enough
Old 20-10-2012, 11:05   #32
God Member

If you watch this video, please be aware that a person with Aspergers Syndrome finds it very difficult to lie.

Project Camelot interviews Gary McKinnon - YouTube!

He did not need a password to view what he saw.
He details what he saw.

Last edited by MargaretR; 20-10-2012 at 11:13.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 20:01   #33
God Member

Hey folks, looks like we got one too ... it seems like most Canadians want rid of him. In fact, if the Gestapo were still in business, we wouldn't lose a minute's sleep if he were handed over to them.

Accused terrorist can be extradited to U.S. - Edmonton - CBC News

This complete waste of skin used our country and the freedoms we as Canadians take for granted in order to agitate the feces big time in the US. I know, the yanks are different ... and sometimes hard to take ... but they are our staunchest ally and our biggest trading partner.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 20:10   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hey folks, looks like we got one too ... it seems like most Canadians want rid of him. In fact, if the Gestapo were still in business, we wouldn't lose a minute's sleep if he were handed over to them.

Accused terrorist can be extradited to U.S. - Edmonton - CBC News

This complete waste of skin used our country and the freedoms we as Canadians take for granted in order to agitate the feces big time in the US. I know, the yanks are different ... and sometimes hard to take ... but they are our staunchest ally and our biggest trading partner.
To place Gary McKinnon on a par with your potential murderer is stretching the word 'terrorist' a little too far.

If you had watched the video you would realize that.

Since you are unwilling to inform youself for 40 minutes, you can 'fast read' a transcript here -

Project Camelot | Gary McKinnon transcript
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 01:24   #35
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If you watch this video, please be aware that a person with Aspergers Syndrome finds it very difficult to lie.

Project Camelot interviews Gary McKinnon - YouTube!

He did not need a password to view what he saw.
He details what he saw.

After that I still think he should be in court
Old 21-10-2012, 08:22   #36

If the guy finds it so difficult to lie, he did a really good job of typing that he was"NiponetSecurity" when asked. I still think he should be tried here, and don't really know enough about Asperger's to comment,,but he certainly seems to be high functioning.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 08:48   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
If the guy finds it so difficult to lie, he did a really good job of typing that he was"NiponetSecurity" when asked. I still think he should be tried here, and don't really know enough about Asperger's to comment,,but he certainly seems to be high functioning.
Agree i see no reason at all not to try him.
Old 21-10-2012, 12:56   #38
Senior Member+

Point is there making this big deal about Aspergers Syndrome as a reason he should be treat with kid gloves. OK I get the impression people claim that this illness causes people to be obessive about certain subjects and in this case Computer Hacking and they spend all their time learning more about the subject. So this fact means that they don't suddenly do something that is abnormal to their normal behaviour and there is no fragmenting of their consciousness.

They are fully aware of what they are doing and can talk about it afterwards. Also this guy talks about seeing photos of UFO's on computers etc. Well if he's ill surely he's making up things that weren't real and what people want to hear.

If he's ill then we should take anything that he says with a pinch of salt!

kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 13:00   #39

The above transcript was written in 2006 and he's since been deteriorating into a catatonic state. I'm guessing that he's now so depressed and frightened that he doesn't try to keep on top of his asperger condition with his music and running, etc.

There's been so many experts in different fields examine him and all have come to the same conclusion that I believe we're right not to send him to America for trial.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 13:06   #40
Senior Member+

But if illness is a reason . Why is the guy able to talk so clearly about it and has an agenda and attitude. He knows he did it, he did on purpose and he had reasons for doing it! So where does the mentally ill element come in?

If he's suffering because of the pressure on him because of doing this then that's his fault for doing it!
NASA UFO HACKER Gary McKinnon Seeking the Truth For The World!!! Support Him !!!! YouTube - YouTube

Listen to this interview and he clearly talks about an agenda - this wasn't just some crazy guy stumbbling onto a Military Computer system. He knew what he was doing and can talk about it - that sounds like a clever criminal to me!
Old 21-10-2012, 13:41   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
But if illness is a reason . Why is the guy able to talk so clearly about it and has an agenda and attitude. He knows he did it, he did on purpose and he had reasons for doing it! So where does the mentally ill element come in?

If he's suffering because of the pressure on him because of doing this then that's his fault for doing it!
NASA UFO HACKER Gary McKinnon Seeking the Truth For The World!!! Support Him !!!! YouTube - YouTube

Listen to this interview and he clearly talks about an agenda - this wasn't just some crazy guy stumbbling onto a Military Computer system. He knew what he was doing and can talk about it - that sounds like a clever criminal to me!
Until this case came up I knew nothing about Aspergers Syndrome and "catatonic" thus have had to read up on the subjects. I once made a mistake that people who were "dyslexic" weren't what we would class as "clever" or "intelligent" and thus couldn't do well until I actually employed a young boy with that condition and where his school didn't think he had a future, we found he was an absolute whiz kid at electronic circuitry and computer programming. Apparently it's because dyslexics can view a whole picture. Just because a person's brain isn't wired the same as mine or yours doesn't mean they're not able to absorb information.

I totally believe Gary M when he said he was searching for information about UFOs. I believe his condition means that he tells the truth and I can compare him with a young inquisitive child - they always tell the truth and see no harm or wrong until it's pointed out to them.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 14:15   #42
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

With the greatest respect...when did you qualify as a psychiatist?

And 6 years is an awful long time to be under threat...even a person with what could be considered a healthy mental picture would be affected.
You clearly do not understand anything about a person with Aspergers(and there are so many variants of this anyway).

Aspergers isn't mental illness per se...in Aspergers the brain is wired differently....it isn't something which can be cured...it isn't a chemical imbalance...it is something which has to be endured and the sufferer and their family develop their own coping strategies for the problems that this condition throws up.
These people often look normal...and high functioning sufferers can lead relatively productive lives...however they are obsessive, compulsive about routines and doing things the same every day.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 14:17   #43
Beacon of light

Oh, and if he were such a clever criminal don't you think he would have sold off the information that he found to the highest bidder and high tailed it somewhere where he couldn't be found?
We have bigger criminals working in government...but they have people who are happy to hide their crimes.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 14:23   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post

I totally believe Gary M when he said he was searching for information about UFOs. I believe his condition means that he tells the truth and I can compare him with a young inquisitive child - they always tell the truth and see no harm or wrong until it's pointed out to them.
If they always tell the truth as yeh say explain the above to this numpty.
Old 21-10-2012, 14:56   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
With the greatest respect...when did you qualify as a psychiatist?

And 6 years is an awful long time to be under threat...even a person with what could be considered a healthy mental picture would be affected.
You clearly do not understand anything about a person with Aspergers(and there are so many variants of this anyway).

Aspergers isn't mental illness per se...in Aspergers the brain is wired differently....it isn't something which can be cured...it isn't a chemical imbalance...it is something which has to be endured and the sufferer and their family develop their own coping strategies for the problems that this condition throws up.
These people often look normal...and high functioning sufferers can lead relatively productive lives...however they are obsessive, compulsive about routines and doing things the same every day.
I don't need to be a qualified psychiatrist to have an opinion. I have been in a long term situation with the system which has caused me a lot of distress, so I can understand how Gary McKinnon feels aout being under that kind of pressure for 10 years.

But the guy seems clearly to know what he's done and why he did it long after the event. So he has no mental abberation about it and seems to be setting himself up as some kind of alternative figurehead in to UFO and supressed free energy technologies that some people think the Governments area keeping away from us because they want us to carry on paying massive energy bills.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..