Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2005, 22:08   #1
Give, give, give member

Health delivered.

This morning along with my post I received a magazine from Hyndburn and Ribble Valley NHS, called Living Health. Keep your selves under control, I'm sure you'll get yours soon.

Nice pictures, and probably a nice price we have had to pay for it's production, and delivery.

There was really very little information in it, except for the Facts and Figures pages.

The figure for 'general dental services' was cut from £59,000 in 03/04 to £18,000 in 04/05. Managenment costs on the other hand rose from £2,113,000 to £2,148,000 for the same period.

Perhaps the money saved on dental services was due to getting all of us without a dentist onto the promised list, thus saving the authority money?

[The Chief Executive by the way is on a salary quoted in a bracket between £96-100,000.]

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2005, 22:31   #2
I am Banned

Re: Health delivered.

It never seases to amaze me the NHS has gone tot he dogs, i got a mate who has suspected breast cancer has found another lump & still she is to wait 2mnths despite being aware & catching it early tho when she gets the damn appointment they will no doubt say why didnt you come sooner - dohhhhh - they should prioritise better.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dentist what dentist????
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 22:41   #3
God Member

Don't talk to me about hospitals..............

I know that they do a good job usually............. BUT!! today I had a training course about prevention of pressure sores.

Touch wood, our patients very, very rarely break down with pressure sores as we have good knowledge and understanding about how they occur, how to prevent them and how to deal with them if they occur.

The one question I asked the trainer at the end is, If we are taught this then why do so many of our patients go into hospital pressure sore free, and almost always return back to us riddled with them.

Well the response to this is, that apparently in hospitals the staff are under the impression that, if they are on a Air mattress, then these people don't need to be re-positioned through out their stay in hospital.

My response was " um mm well obviously, if their skin is breaking down then, duh yes they do".

Apparently nursing staff in hospitals are not trained on pressure sore care and preventatives. Now in my opinion, someone breaks down with a pressure sore, someone somewhere isn't doing their job properly..................does this not equal NEGLECT??..........mmmmm yes. So simple. Train the staff in pressure sore management, and keep patient comfortable.

Rindy maybe they could use the money they spent on sending trash through the door to you, on training!!!!!!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 22:44   #4
I am Banned

You would think they would be knowledgeable of pressure sores specially as mobility is restricted - quite shocking really!!

So if i sit on me bum for too long i'll get pressure sores LOL
Old 11-10-2005, 22:49   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
You would think they would be knowledgeable of pressure sores specially as mobility is restricted - quite shocking really!!

So if i sit on me bum for too long I'll get pressure sores LOL
You wouldn't be able to bare the pain of it Mel....................But think of the poor folk that, although they cant bare the pain, they can't move either, they can't tell you they need to move, that is excruciating pain..............being left in one position for days upon days.

Next time your bottom goes numb, see how long you can last before you really have to move, it wont be long. Then think of how these people must feel.

To do my job properly, I always try to put myself in the persons shoes, it usually works and that's how I know how to deal with things.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 11-10-2005, 22:52   #6
I am Banned

Errr good point slinky no i dont like numb bum

Its bad that residential have to pick up the pieces of hospital failings though i know you do a sterling job
Old 11-10-2005, 22:54   #7
Give, give, give member

Perhaps the six non executive directors, including our ex-Mayoress Sonia Bramley-Howarth, all on a salary in the £6,000-£10,000 bracket, might be in need of treatment to their bums, from all the sitting they must do on them?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 22:57   #8
God Member

Quote:
Errr good point slinky no i dont like numb bum

Its bad that residential have to pick up the pieces of hospital failings though i know you do a sterling job
Hospitals do a fantastic jobs too, don't get me wrong...........but the issue on pressure sores is disgusting, and all care staff, even doctors should have to do mandatory training to make sure they know the implications of pressure sores and there causes. It's a very common problem, but some times brushed under the carpet.

Anyway Mel.... the chances of you developing a pressure sore are slim really, there are other factors involved such as age, dehydration, malnourishment, age, mobility, weight.

So don't have night mares.........please sleep well!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 11-10-2005, 22:57   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Perhaps the six non executive directors, including our ex-Mayoress Sonia Bramley-Howarth, all on a salary in the £6,000-£10,000 bracket, might be in need of treatment to their bums, from all the sitting they must do on them?
PMSL!!!!!!!! though i suspect they have tossed aside the NHS for private health care including massage to numb bums package grrrr
Old 11-10-2005, 22:59   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
So don't have night mares.........please sleep well!!
How did you know i was watching most haunted mmmmm psychic eh PMSL!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 23:01   #11
God Member

Quote:
How did you know i was watching most haunted mmmmm psychic eh PMSL!!!
Can't be that psychic really, they are the famous lines from CRIMEWATCH!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 11-10-2005, 23:03   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Can't be that psychic really, they are the famous lines from CRIMEWATCH!!!!!
ooooooooh chilling cant watch crimewatch it scares me much more than MH lol & definately cant sleep after specially when they say that - least no pressure sores there with the tossing & turning LOL
Old 11-10-2005, 23:09   #13
God Member

least no pressure sores there with the tossing[/QUOTE]

That's your private life, get a room, you dirty bird

Miracles do happen!!

Old 11-10-2005, 23:10   #14
God Member

I got one of the magazines - the only thing is I live in Rossendale so doesnt apply to me because i come under Burnley Pendle and Rossendale!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 23:11   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
least no pressure sores there with the tossing
That's your private life, get a room, you dirty bird[/QUOTE]

I wondered how long an innuendo would come up

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..