Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 07:06   #346
Resident Waffler

Re: hey up snows coming!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Two centimeters of snow and over 2,000 schools closed. Tomorrow as well, even though it's turned to slush!

The bloody lazy teachers, extending their half term holiday more like. Never mind the millions of pounds it will have cost the country, because of time off the children's parents had to unexpectedly take off.

No wonder kids today are soft. They should have put their wellies on and headed off into the blizzards, pretending to be Scott of the Antartic, like I used to.
Were they worried about the poor little dears having to go to school in the nasty weather? The 'poor little dears' were out playing in the stuff, sledging, building snowmen, having snowball fights!

If a parent keeps a child off school for an extra curricular couple of days holiday they face the prospect of a hefty fine and a lecture about how important it is that children attend school on a regular basis.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2007, 08:13   #347
God Member

This was all we got at my works.

PS, the view is taken from outside the Sports and social club across the cricket pitch towards one of the football pitches and the old 'Main Hall'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09022007148.jpg (106.3 KB, 21 views)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

Last edited by entwisi; 09-02-2007 at 08:18.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:50   #348
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Were they worried about the poor little dears having to go to school in the nasty weather? The 'poor little dears' were out playing in the stuff, sledging, building snowmen, having snowball fights!

If a parent keeps a child off school for an extra curricular couple of days holiday they face the prospect of a hefty fine and a lecture about how important it is that children attend school on a regular basis.
My friend is a teacher & was acting head yesterday, she had to take desicion of spoiling fun by keeping her school children in during breaks in case of broken limbs & other accidents, especially these days with law suits for accidents, yes it happens quite a lot in schools of normal accidents being taken further by parents. So thats the reason!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:18   #349
God Member

And that is exactly whats wrong with society today, "oh look love, little johnnys fallen over and broke his arm, How much do you reckon we'll get?"

Kids fall over. its a fact of life, I would never consider taking action for Siobhan falling over. I'll actively encourage her to go on rope swings, sledge down teh steepest hill, ride her bike as fast as she can etc. Stuff like this(being a big scared and conquering it) is what makes people feel alive, thats what I want her to feel.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:14   #350
God Member

i'm so glad it aint snowing today not that it stuck anyway, it can snow tomorrow if it wants
Old 09-02-2007, 12:09   #351
I am Banned

Looks like its finely trying to start snowing again up here
Old 09-02-2007, 12:15   #352
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
And that is exactly whats wrong with society today, "oh look love, little johnnys fallen over and broke his arm, How much do you reckon we'll get?"
It's ridiculous isn't it? My youngest hurt her foot on a trampoline at school a few weeks ago and it never occurred to me to sue the school. She just hobbled until it got better.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:30   #353
God Member

yep, exactly how it was when I was at school.

You were also the jib of all teh 'hop-along' jokes so you tended to take a bit more care in the future

Old 09-02-2007, 12:36   #354
God Member

its snowing here too
Old 09-02-2007, 12:44   #355
I am Banned

Yeh still is trying to here, the sky is looking particularly whitish Good job i dont have to go out now till early next week
Old 09-02-2007, 12:58   #356
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Yeh still is trying to here, the sky is looking particularly whitish Good job i dont have to go out now till early next week
So no need to claim you were snowed in then.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 13:00   #357
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
So no need to claim you were snowed in then.
Errr well thats planned going out i may need emergency milk or bread supplies dropping off if needed
Old 09-02-2007, 13:05   #358
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Errr well thats planned going out i may need emergency milk or bread supplies dropping off if needed

So it would be " if you need help and you can find them call the snow team"

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 16:36   #359
God Member

well it has snowed all afternoon here! but you wouldn't think so lol. Only just sticking really, but it is coming on heavier.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 16:43   #360
God Member

still nothing here
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..