Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Are you competitive?
Yes 11 68.75%
No 4 25.00%
I'm in the middle or I'm not sure 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2009, 08:56   #61
Beacon of light

Re: How competitive are you?

Spot on GG.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-06-2009, 09:09   #62
God Member

Good thinking GG, I employ 3 people who were previously my employer, its a funny old world, and shows you never know where you will be in time to come.
Old 14-06-2009, 11:20   #63
Senior Member+

if you had said to me 10 years ago that I will get married, moved to england and accrington to be precise and have a little boy I would have laughed in your face and told you to get lost..me? leave the bright lights and late nights of glasgow and settle down..pah!
thats what makes life exciting to a certain extent - we dont know whats going to happen in the future - meeting future life partners, jobs and deaths to a certain extent all play a part in shaping your life..
for anyone to say that in 10 years time they will still be doing 'whatever' is brave as circumstances do change - and that folks is a fact.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 10:26   #64
TJH

Ill have to admitt to being competitive. But never at the expensive of others.

All i want to be is the best I can be and if iam happy with my performance then thats all i ask.

Law school is no more difficult that studing English, Maths, Physics etc. You need to be dedicated but not at the expense of others around you.

Smile on your way up and smile on your way down as we all have ups and we all have downs.

Average wage for a Lawyer around here would be £20000 - £25000 if you rise to a 'partner' then maybe £30000. I know a few old school lawyers who have there own firms and they earn around £50000 but the stories of lawyers earning £100000 + are far fetched and although a few do, its rare.

And its also true that certain law firms are heavly Masonic related etc.

Its a competitive world but to be kind and humble in success or failure marks you as exceptional i feel.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 15:10   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH View Post
Ill have to admitt to being competitive. But never at the expensive of others.

All i want to be is the best I can be and if iam happy with my performance then thats all i ask.

Law school is no more difficult that studing English, Maths, Physics etc. You need to be dedicated but not at the expense of others around you.

Smile on your way up and smile on your way down as we all have ups and we all have downs.

Average wage for a Lawyer around here would be £20000 - £25000 if you rise to a 'partner' then maybe £30000. I know a few old school lawyers who have there own firms and they earn around £50000 but the stories of lawyers earning £100000 + are far fetched and although a few do, its rare.

And its also true that certain law firms are heavly Masonic related etc.

Its a competitive world but to be kind and humble in success or failure marks you as exceptional i feel.
If you look on thelawyer.com you can see the profiles of a large number of law firms and the tiers of income the solicitors earn in the firms. American law firms with offices in the country have the highest paid qualified solicitors. I met a Trainee from Weil, Gotshal & Manges last Summer and he was earning more than the figures you have quoted. I don't think you can say what the average income is for any lawyer because it depends on practice area, where they're based, the size of the firm and how much work it gets, amongst various other things.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..