Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 11:02   #91
God Member

Re: How could we deal with doggy issues?

So dogs aren't safe in the prescence of people smaller than they are.

A home is a place for relaxation so why make it as dangerous as a wolf pen in a zoo?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2009, 11:18   #92

my home certainly isnt a wolf pen.its a place where i live quite happily with my dogs whom if they crap outside i pick it up.we also relax and enjoy our home.but its my choice to own dogs I payed my money for them and i took the choice to protect them.I dont have children so mine are not around noisy little darlings,People own cats i wouldnt have one given,just like people wouldnt own a dog its all personal choice.But no one should ever presume just because their fido is a big softie and used to kids it wont attack them.
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:46   #93
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
kids like dogs are unpredictable what if to use as a example one child suddenly startles one,i own big dogs and one being larger than average is quite boisterous but thats the breed in him.
But you dog can decide to turn a bite a child that startled it even in your presence before you can stop it.
Old 08-02-2009, 14:37   #94
Senior Member+

I see the dog haters are back out.

I to would not trust my dogs around children, just as I wouldnt trust children around ANY dog.

Yes a dog is a animal and could snap at ANYONE, due to certain circumstances (The list is long but as a exaple the dog gets caused pain it reacts by defending its self).

It boils down to education, both for dogs owners and people when they are around dogs, best bet is if you own a dog as I do remember its a animal and not a machine, this makes it unpredictable but not necesarrly dangeress.
Old 08-02-2009, 15:14   #95
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I see the dog haters are back out.
I don't hate dogs, just negligent owners. The dogs themselves are usually nice enough.

I spent yesterday afternoon cutting down trees in the wood opposite Sparth Road in Clayton. The place is covered in dog muck. So much so that is was probably the second greatest hazard after falling trees
Old 08-02-2009, 18:19   #96
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: How could we deal with doggy issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't hate dogs, just negligent owners. The dogs themselves are usually nice enough.

I spent yesterday afternoon cutting down trees in the wood opposite Sparth Road in Clayton. The place is covered in dog muck. So much so that is was probably the second greatest hazard after falling trees
Licensing dogs will not prevent such tragedies from happening and that is what the opening post was advocating.

Licensing cars hasn’t stopped people getting killed and injured on our roads.
Old 08-02-2009, 20:32   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
All dogs are dangerous if unsupervised around children be they big or small breed. Just because owners deem dogs safe it doesn't mean they are!!
my dogs arent dangerous in the slightest, and I say that cos I know they arent..and would I trust them around other small kids - yes we do, if we didnt we wouldnt take them to the local park where there are always lots of little kids playing, and shock horror we let them off the lead too so they can have a run about next to little kids and shock horror again they poo on the grass but being the responsible dog owners that we are we do always pick up the poo,infact I have more often than not picked up other dogs poos that are near the one my dog has done and put that in the bin too..however there are dogs in the park at times that worry me when they run to me with teeth showing and growling, but then the owner runs up saying sorry how it slipped its lead, that to me is more worrying that the owner let it happen to a dog with an aggresive attitude in a public place.. at times I have more nappy/poo bags in my pockets than cash at times!
my 18 month old little best mate in the world now sits and cuddles both our dogs, lies on the floor with them and now trys to sit on them cos he thinks they are horses..
would I leave them alone in the room with him? no because thats bad parenting as you should never leave a child alone in a room regardless, nothing to do with not trusting my dogs as they would rather sleep as they are lazy you see.
ANY PARENT who leaves their kid alone in a room deserves a boot up the backside in my opnion.
it is clearly obvious we have a anti dog brigade on here which isnt a bad thing as we are all entitled to opinions but to say to ban them from towns and cities is barking mad..clearly a case of brain not engaging mouth/hand.

in all seriousness - logistically how would you manage this?

would you simply round them all up and what?...dump them somewhere?
would you give the owners a timescale to get rid of said pets?
would you tell the owners to leave with said pets if they said no? where would you put them as it would be your responsability?
what about guide dogs? where would all the blind people go? you couldnt have one rule for one etc..
would crufts become an underworld organisation? or would you ban that too?

I await my fate from the anti dog brigade..

Last edited by glasgow guy; 08-02-2009 at 20:38.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 21:25   #98

GG Crufts is already badly affected by the PC brigade pedigree pulled out alongside the BBC and animal rights have threatened to converge in hall5 and disrupt the BIS final.All this because one misrepresented airing of breeders and their ethics.the same PC brigade who got docking banned the same PC brigade that didnt want to go to a dog show and pay to go in and see dogs that had been docked.plain and simple dont go then and if they must go on none working day or go to a open show where 9times out of ten its free admission.

but on another note even at crufts you do see dog dirt along from the car parks to the main arena which is shocking,but not all dog lovers/breders are educated enough to bend down and pick their dogs mess up and that riles me.

Last edited by Polly_45; 08-02-2009 at 21:28. Reason: typing error
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..