Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2006, 17:47   #1
Resting in Peace

How do you label a Goat

Just had to air this on the Accy Web, this was in the Mail yesterday

How to label a Goat. Before moving a goat from one field to another, farmers are obliged to obey the instructions laid down in the 45 pages of the Sheep and Goats (Wales) Order 2006.

This dictates that the goat must not be moved unless it has an ear tag in place, and unless the details are recorded in two seperate documents - the farmers own tag register and a movement document that accompanies the animal whereever it travels!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be cash for tags. This is just one of the 3,621 items of new legislation introsduced by this government in the last twelve months which is writen down on 98,600 pages This is just bureaucracy gone made
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2006, 17:48   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: How do you label a Goat

Does this apply even between fields on your own farm? How silly.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 17:51   #3
I am Band

Exclamation Re: How do you label a Goat

That's the EU for you.

I'm sure president Blair even has to raise his hand to ask Brussels before he goes for a pee.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 17:52   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Does this apply even between fields on your own farm? How silly.
Well willow what do you expect from this shower in government, why use one word when 35 will do
Old 22-11-2006, 17:59   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist View Post
That's the EU for you.

I'm sure president Blair even has to raise his hand to ask Brussels before he goes for a pee.
Sorry Sparky its not the EU its HMG:engsmil: to blame probably thought up by the minister for Red Tape
Old 22-11-2006, 18:07   #6
Member.

I think some of this relates to the movement of livestock that may still be contaminated by radiation from the 1986 Chernobyl disaster and also part of controls to prevent the spread of foot and mouth.

Tags are in the front line of prevention in that they allow the tracking of livestock anywhere in the country, care must also be taken with welsh sheep and goats, particularly in areas around Hereford where live stock are known to carry high concentrations of human proteins.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 18:30   #7
Resident Waffler

It reminds me of the butcher in Yaxley who had to close down because he couldn't refridgerate his meat on the journey between where it was stored and the fridge in hs shop. He couldn't manage to get a refridgerated lorry to travel from the bottom of his back yard where his freezers were to the back door of his shop.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 14:03   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
farmers are obliged to obey the instructions laid down in the 45 pages of the Sheep and Goats (Wales) Order 2006.
Is this to stop bigamy in wales?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 15:15   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
How do you label a Goat
put a tag around its neck that reads " i am a goat "
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 16:59   #10
Give, give, give member

Nearly as daft, and an example of bureaucratic madness, as Tewksbury's Conservative council stopping napkins being delivered with it's meals-on-wheels service, for fear that the elderly people would think they were food and try to eat them.

Good way to re-cycle though.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 17:09   #11
I am Band

This is probably dreamt up as a result of the foot & mouth epidemic.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..