Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2009, 02:58   #16
God Member

Re: Hyndburn Homes refurbishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Are you thinking of moving?
If there is no sign of a refurb here before next Autumn - yes
I will move to a location with better access to public transport so I won't need a car with its battery problems

This flat is in a rural but inconvenient location.
The boy racers were back at about 2am which is why I am up now, plus the 'not full shilling' lad who lives next door has just been stomping up and down the communal stairwell (3.50am)
I am beginning to think that Puddleside may well be a quieter location

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2009, 03:49   #17
God Member

I'm still awake at 4.45am - neighbour has been out and about on the stairwell again
I have emailed the estate agent who is offering rental of Puddleside apartments
There are some really lovely apartments to let about - seen some in Hassy which interest me too.

Old 16-01-2009, 03:50   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
seen some in Hassy which interest me too.
Wash your mouth out
Old 16-01-2009, 03:52   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Wash your mouth out
They are very near Rising Bridge, and we know they have a neighbourly good nature there

Old 16-01-2009, 04:01   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
They are very near Rising Bridge, and we know they have a neighbourly good nature there

Do you not mean grumpy?
Old 16-01-2009, 09:18   #21

Hi Margaret,

Get in touch if you think we can help out. You can email me at [email protected] or call the newsdesk on 01254 298 267.
Telegraph_reporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 10:00   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm still awake at 4.45am - neighbour has been out and about on the stairwell again
I have emailed the estate agent who is offering rental of Puddleside apartments
There are some really lovely apartments to let about - seen some in Hassy which interest me too.
Margaret if your having problems with neighbours ring Wayne Smith at Hyndburn Home on 300569, you don't have to put up with neighbours causing you grief, its his job to sort these problems out
Old 16-01-2009, 11:44   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Margaret if your having problems with neighbours ring Wayne Smith at Hyndburn Home on 300569, you don't have to put up with neighbours causing you grief, its his job to sort these problems out
The poor bloke isn't deliberately being anti-social -he just has a child's brain and doesn't realise he is disturbing the other 3 of us in this block.

His front door hinges need oil and he slams it shut - he wears heavy boots - this noise at night is amplified in a brick and concrete stairwell. The bedroom walls of these flats are single brick(no cavity) and adjoin that stairwell.

His mother lives in Ossy and we told her last week about his nocturnal wanderings, when one night he did not relock the exterior door and we had an overnight visitor who left empty vodka bottles on the stairs.

I suppose it could be worse if some rowdy drunk lived in his flat, so we other residents tend to tolerate it because of that. You never know who your new neighbour might be - better the devil you know and all that.

Old 18-01-2009, 00:32   #24
Junior Member+

hello margaret I didnt realise the problems you have. I am Joan Mawdsley and would like to keep in touch with you. I have problems of my own
joan walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 00:49   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan walsh View Post
hello margaret I didnt realise the problems you have. I am Joan Mawdsley and would like to keep in touch with you. I have problems of my own
Hi Joan - I have mailed you

Old 18-01-2009, 01:00   #26
God Member

The latest news on the topic of neighbour disturbance
I was in bed and about to nod off when I heard a cat wailing on the landing.
It is a semi feral tom named Elvis (yes Elvis) and belongs to the 'not full shilling' chap next door.
I expected to hear his door squeak and then slam as he let it in .....but no....the wailing persisted.

I got out of bed and opened my front door to see a cat litter on the small landing, along with 2 food bowls and a cat bed.
He has gone away for the weekend and set up camp for Elvis on my doorstep

I have gone down the stairs (tiptoeing in my nightgear) to open the entry door and let the little blighter play out for the night .....well what would you have done?
It is an undernourished fleabag so there was no way it could cross my threshold

Last edited by MargaretR; 18-01-2009 at 01:04.
Old 18-01-2009, 07:24   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
The latest news on the topic of neighbour disturbance
I was in bed and about to nod off when I heard a cat wailing on the landing.
It is a semi feral tom named Elvis (yes Elvis) and belongs to the 'not full shilling' chap next door.
I expected to hear his door squeak and then slam as he let it in .....but no....the wailing persisted.

I got out of bed and opened my front door to see a cat litter on the small landing, along with 2 food bowls and a cat bed.
He has gone away for the weekend and set up camp for Elvis on my doorstep

I have gone down the stairs (tiptoeing in my nightgear) to open the entry door and let the little blighter play out for the night .....well what would you have done?
It is an undernourished fleabag so there was no way it could cross my threshold
That was probably the best thing to do in that situation, although you shouldnt have really had to sort it out but the chap probably thought he was doing right by leaving it "out" with its food, bed etc. Still bit of an inconvenience for you having to get up at stupid o'clock to sort it out. I'd be cursing if it was me having to do that, its bad enough where I live with cats wandering, screaching, fighting etc, it drives me mad, luckily in the garden though and not on my landing.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..