Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 09:59   #61
God Member

Re: hyndburn life website

Just remember its your council tax rise that will pay for it

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2006, 10:04   #62
Resident Waffler

I wouldn't be surprised if someone reading ths thread decided to offer a scoop to their favourite tabloid.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:06   #63
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
And as per usual the ones who made the bad decisions will worm out of it and not have to face the music
Old 02-11-2006, 10:06   #64
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
And your hoping there won't be an increase in council tax? That amount will be petty cash compared to what they no doubt have in mind for us all already!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:23   #65
God Member

Oh no, I KNOW there will be an increase, I'm just trying to keep it manageable

Still with the gov talking of compulsory entrance to enable regrading of properties and looking at income as well I can see ours going skywards anyway (they encourage you to improve your home and then tax you out of existance for doing it )

Old 02-11-2006, 10:30   #66

One of my first thoughts which as usual was a touch cynical was:-

Graham is a politician, he would no doubt like a nice juicy scandal to come from this, that way if all goes well after fanning the flames and giving us all this info' he can take the praise for exposing the goings on in his local council, however just as a bit of insurance in case the whole plan goes belly up, if he gets us to do the initial contacting he can go into denial mode thus keeping his own record clean.

As I say though that was just a cynical thought on my behalf and is obviously not part of the plan at all!
Old 02-11-2006, 10:31   #67
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Oh no, I KNOW there will be an increase, I'm just trying to keep it manageable

Still with the gov talking of compulsory entrance to enable regrading of properties and looking at income as well I can see ours going skywards anyway (they encourage you to improve your home and then tax you out of existance for doing it )

It's a joke isn't it? The people who don't give a hoot and let their property declne into a slum get away with paying less......but we musn't thread wander from the serious subject of the money wasted on this awful, useless, website. If it had fulfilled its purpose as defined would it have mattered that the forum didn't flourish? I think not. But it didn't even live up to its claim of being informative and useful.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 02-11-2006 at 10:34.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:02   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

It's a joke isn't it? The people who don't give a hoot and let their property declne into a slum get away with paying less

Less? You moonlighting as a Council tax collector now?

Old 02-11-2006, 11:15   #69
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
One of my first thoughts which as usual was a touch cynical was:-

Graham is a politician, he would no doubt like a nice juicy scandal to come from this, that way if all goes well after fanning the flames and giving us all this info' he can take the praise for exposing the goings on in his local council, however just as a bit of insurance in case the whole plan goes belly up, if he gets us to do the initial contacting he can go into denial mode thus keeping his own record clean.

As I say though that was just a cynical thought on my behalf and is obviously not part of the plan at all!
So?

Other local politicans have the right to use this forum too, rather than just read it and comment about it in the press.

I think it shows initative, by using the local internet forum that actually works.

Last edited by garinda; 02-11-2006 at 11:17.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:29   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
So?

Other local politicans have the right to use this forum too, rather than just read it and comment about it in the press.

I think it shows initative, by using the local internet forum that actually works.
Yes rindy I do agree, and I wish there were more like him, but I still think it a nice theory I almost wish it would happen. (It could make the beginning of a plot for that book Gayle keeps threatening us with).

Quote:
entwisi=Less? You moonlighting as a Council tax collector now? [IMG]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Indeed, I am always ready to throw principles to the wind for the sake of 12 pieces of silver! (Erm 12? better make that 1 I don't want to price myself out of the market).
Old 02-11-2006, 11:46   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
And as per usual the ones who made the bad decisions will worm out of it and not have to face the music
Well you will still insist on voting them in!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:05   #72
Resting in peace

After spending time reading all posts in this thread I am amazed at the sums of money talked about, being new to this pc world, what would the ordinary man/woman in the street think if this was explained to them?
On one hand they cry poverty and then throw money about with gay abandon, thank's Councillor Graham for wiseing this guy up.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 14:44   #73
Senior Member+

There is a story on Page 5 of this weeks Accrington Observer about HyndburnLife. Can't see anything on their web site though.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 14:57   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
There is a story on Page 5 of this weeks Accrington Observer about HyndburnLife. Can't see anything on their web site though.
Unless it is a very important story making national news headlines - such as the Tremellan street tragedy - then the Accy Observer will only update its news website on a weekly basis, every friday morning.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 15:26   #75
Resident Waffler

Just looked at this thread and look how long ago it was when I was asking what happened to the computer lessons they were going to do on Hyndburnlite! Lots of hype and an intro was about as far as that got.Maybe the guy who was going to do them couldn't get on there again.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..