Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2021, 09:49   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Hypercrits Cop-Out

i have signed it again but have just had a e mail telling me so, proves how knackered my memorys gone lol
Old 09-11-2021, 12:16   #17
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Little story doing the rounds is that during the Climate Conference one ‘powerful’ man (I’ll not name and shame him – but the initials JB might give you a clue), when in the presence of Camilla, let out one long ripper of a gas release, commonly known as a fart. Was this a methane explosion – and his contribution to global warming. Is the story true or is it, like so many attendees at the conference, just full of hot air?
Poor old ‘sleepy Joe’….couldn’t help it, his digestion has been expected to cope with rich Glaswegian food….and that is enough to make anyone trump.
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 15:47   #18

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1259204]Poor old ‘sleepy Joe’….couldn’t help it, his digestion has been expected to cope with rich Glaswegian food….and that is enough to make anyone trump.

Yes Marge he even Trumped Trump but I guess that your giggle switch was fully on when you made that comment so I will not try to steal it.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 16:36   #19
Beacon of light

It certainly was Taddy…switched on and fully operational.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:17   #20
God Member

[QUOTE=taddy;1259214]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Poor old ‘sleepy Joe’….couldn’t help it, his digestion has been expected to cope with rich Glaswegian food….and that is enough to make anyone trump.

Yes Marge he even Trumped Trump but I guess that your giggle switch was fully on when you made that comment so I will not try to steal it.
one thing about sleepy joe is that he gives people more laughs than most american commedians have ever done. think he has missed his true vocation in life.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 22:15   #21

How strange, all those people attending the conference could not agree on all points raised. Did anyone expect them to? Is anything going to come out of it? Points discussed have already been watered down. I wonder how much the whole kit and caboodle has cost and who pays. This being the 26th Conference of the Parties I had a quick look to see if the previous 25 resolved anything? All I can find is that the attendees agreed something had to be done, and this was the decision reached year after year. Whoopee-do!

As for Australia, it really is a case of ‘don’t do as I do, do as I say’. Coal mining will continue, of course it will - it brings in a lot of money. Australia is, or so I believe from what I have read, the second biggest exporter of coal in the world. Big money earner. Why shoot the cash cow that is giving the most milk, even if it is also emitting a lot of methane.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2021, 14:41   #22
Beacon of light

The biggest producers of emissions cannot agree because it would have huge financial impact.
But the UK who produces about 1% of emissions is going to make attempts at going for a zero output by 2050.
They want us to give up gas cooking, gas heating for what are seen as greener options.
Now the UK has an awful lot of old houses…houses from the Victorian era….totally unsuitable for these homes to use heat exchangers….nor are these houses suitable for having electric power points for charging electric vehicles.
Then there are the high rise flats…..again not suitable for these eco solutions.
But yet, the governments will pursue these goals….but the people who will pay the cost of this will be us…so prepare to have your pockets picked.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-11-2021, 08:37   #23
God Member

Quote:
But yet, the governments will pursue these goals….but the people who will pay the cost of this will be us…so prepare to have your pockets picked.
in an attempt to make is closer to the poorer countries of the world. about time they looked at one of the biggest problem the world faces. not climate but people having too many kids.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 09:14   #24
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
one of the biggest problem the world faces. not climate but people having too many kids.

Quite agree, but everyone seems to avoid this massive "Herd of Nelliphants" in the room rather conspicuously. Can't feed them, don't breed them, the state (your average put upon taxpayer) should not have to foot the bill for others frolics & fecundity.

I does appear that there are some out there that tend to make a living out of permanently whelping or being enceinte.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 14-11-2021 at 09:16.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 09:31   #25
Beacon of light

Don’t worry…. the population issue is being addressed by Bill Gates and his cohorts…who think that vaccinating children in third world countries is a better option than digging wells to provide clean water.

The vaccinations offered by Gavi are for the diseases caused by dirty water.

And maybe vaccinating children all over the world is the way to ensure that there is less breeding in the future.
I know that this view will be seen by some as being contentious….but if it is happening….how do you prove twenty years down the line, that it was vaccine damage and not the result of global climate change…micro plastics in everything we come into contact with.

Yes…that is right….you can’t.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-11-2021, 09:38   #26

Enceinte eh, I couldn't even find the word it in my Collins Senior Dictionary but Google came to the rescue, so for all those not quite as educated as Dave, one meaning is "Archaic".
Be careful with the permanently whelping Dave, the thought police are watching.
Old 14-11-2021, 09:44   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
And maybe vaccinating children all over the world is the way to ensure that there is less breeding in the future.

An interesting point you raise there Ma, Mr.Gates seems to be rather prolific in his portfolio for someone who made their vast wealth initially from a computer operating system. Philanthropist or Social engineer? It is a very thin line that divides the two positions.
Old 14-11-2021, 09:50   #28
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Enceinte eh, I couldn't even find the word it in my Collins Senior Dictionary but Google came to the rescue, so for all those not quite as educated as Dave, one meaning is "Archaic".
Be careful with the permanently whelping Dave, the thought police are watching.

As I've mentioned elsewhere Tads, big slopey shoulders mate, the vitriol & hatred just roll off 'em. I shall fight the good fight aganst illiberal liberals, lunatic lefterists, bed wetting whiny self/nation loathing wokerists, & whip out the blowtorch for the wilting Snowies of this world so long as I can hold breath in my body.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-11-2021, 09:51   #29
Beacon of light

I think he is a social engineer who masquerades as a philanthropist…because that gives him the cloak of respectability….but I would not trust that man as far as I could throw him.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 14-11-2021, 09:51   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
An interesting point you raise there Ma, Mr.Gates seems to be rather prolific in his portfolio for someone who made their vast wealth initially from a computer operating system. Philanthropist or Social engineer? It is a very thin line that divides the two positions.
Please stop using these big words, I am a bear with little brains and big words confuse me, (Who said that?)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..