Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2005, 15:10   #61

Re: I could spit i'm so mad!!!

like A>B> sats PROUD TO BE POLITICALLY INCORRECT
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2005, 17:28   #62

I saw a parental consent form the other day,giving permission for a child to attend a trip out.Amongst the questions asked was ,Do you have TB?
I have a question if the person says yes what then,a seat next to the driver!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2005, 17:39   #63
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman
I saw a parental consent form the other day,giving permission for a child to attend a trip out.Amongst the questions asked was ,Do you have TB?
I have a question if the person says yes what then,a seat next to the driver!
so they ask a child if it has TB before going on a school trip but fail to ask people coming into the country to scrounge of us

typical
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2005, 17:55   #64
God Member

I'm not sure I understand who the question was asked of, if it was the parent or guardian then the school really have no business asking a question like that and if it was the child then how would they expect a child to know whether it has TB or not. And if the child does have TB how come the teachers haven't noticed that something was wrong, or doesn't the phrase In Loco Parentis have any currency any more?
Old 18-02-2005, 20:17   #65
Beacon of light

I am so gald to be out of the NHS rat race. Like you lettie, I was always the gobbie one at meetings......but someone had to tell some of the managers what was happening in the real world......the one where we get abused by relatives, sworn at by consultants and undervalued by patients(who thought we were there to wait on them.....like, pour me a glass of water nurse......why, are your arms painted on?......caring yes but waiting on NO NO NO).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2005, 20:47   #66
I am Banned

Quote:
pour me a glass of water nurse......why, are your arms painted on?
i bet this went down like a ton of bricks on the amputee ward

sorry sometimes i cant help but crack a joke good or bad taste
Old 18-02-2005, 20:49   #67
Beacon of light

That's Ok Chav......except I worked on the Gynae Ward......you know, womens bits?
Old 18-02-2005, 20:50   #68
Beacon of light

I never could see how having your womb removed could take all the use from your arms.....!
Old 18-02-2005, 20:56   #69
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
That's Ok Chav......except I worked on the Gynae Ward......you know, womens bits?
yeah but todays nurses work everywhere lol

one week a nurse was tending to me in bri and a few weeks later she was helping deliver our baby at a queens park
Old 18-02-2005, 20:58   #70
Beacon of light

Because I was Sister they didn't let me do those kind of things......I might never have come back!
Old 19-02-2005, 12:56   #71

Further to the 'TB' question.... I went to BRI earlier this week, for a regular check up. Reporting to reception, my file is duly found, & to ascertain that it is indeed me that's stood there, the usual 'ID' type questions are asked & answered to the satisfaction of the receptionist. However, the final one had me thinking for the rest of the day...

'Have you been resident in this country for the last twelve months?'

Quite apart from the fact that a cursory glance at the file would show that I have been seeing this particular consultant for the last four years, I wondered why this question is, presumably, being asked of everyone on booking in, whether Caucasian (as I am) or otherwise.

If I was of a darker complexion, could I, perhaps, be offended by this question?
If I answered 'No', what would the next question be??
If 'yes', would I be asked to prove it? Therefore giving me even further grounds for a complaint?

I appreciate that the majority of our NHS staff are constantly working under extreme pressure... whichever 'higher authority' is insisting that they now ask such a loaded question, is not only adding to that pressure, but also possibly leaving them open to the kind of complaint that is so common these days.

Surely, as in my case, there are simpler ways of obtaining the information, for whatever reason it may be required??
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 13:25   #72

Thats a good point what if you had said no what wiuld the reception staff do about it and how many thousand have passed through saying they have wwhen in point of fact half of them probably havn't.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 17:09   #73
Beacon of light

Kitchener, that question is asked so that it may be ascertained whether you are liable for charges........after saying that, even some people who are liable for charges get their treatment and then skip the country, and you can't do a thing about it
Old 19-02-2005, 17:42   #74
Senior Member+

Î agree with teh comment that the old virtues are osrry to say leaving us, then again i think it all boils down to upbringing.If you are brought up differrent then you do not do it, and get brassed off at other people when you see them doing it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..