Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Is Money Important?
Yes 20 42.55%
Yes up to a point 24 51.06%
No 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2006, 23:20   #46
God Member

Re: Is Money Important?

which of the 3 byathces won the argue?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2006, 02:21   #47
God Member

Well as usuall I chose the wrong one. but now i'm single so I won, and I'm right that money doesn't count, I must be right or rindy would be sayin i'm wrong.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 06:23   #48
God Member

Not enough for the Blackburn college lecturer who was dismissed anyway.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 12:31   #49
Resident Waffler

Of course money matters.

If you expect a roof over your head, clothes on your back and food in your stomach money matters. You can't have any of those things without paying for them.

Those of you going to the meet tonight no doubt will be spending money in order to purchase alcoholic beverages.

Those of us who drive cars need to pay for the petrol. Those who don't drive cars need money for buses, trains, taxis.

Those of us who have children need money to pay for their school uniforms, school trips etc etc.

All of us on AccyWeb need money in order to be able to use the internet and what did we use to purchase our PCs?

We're going on holiday next week and looking forward to that - we wouldn't be able to go withut paying for it.

Of course money matters. Those who don't have enough can tell you just how much money matters and how the lack of it can lead to marriage break ups and even suicides.

The real question I think is does an abundance of money equate with happiness and I think then the answer is probably that it doesn't. Having enough to survive and a little bit more to enjoy life is good. Having oodles that you don't know what to do with probably causes more worries with where to invest it etc etc. I've never had those sort of problems.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 27-05-2006 at 12:45.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2006, 21:14   #50
God Member

What a load of rubbish.
Old 27-05-2006, 21:22   #51
God Member

Your still getting mixed up between needing money and is it important. You need money to but things to live, other than that it's not important. You can do without the car, plenty people have never had a car. You can go with booze, without your holiday, pc's internet, phone, tv. You don't need them to live, therefore any more than a basic amount of money, you don't need and it's not important. when on income support, the government only give you enough to live on, if money was important they'd give you some for holidays ant booze.
Anyway you can get a job that pays lodgings food and clothes, then you don't need any money.
Old 27-05-2006, 22:03   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
Your still getting mixed up between needing money and is it important. You need money to but things to live, other than that it's not important.
No that's a load of rubbish!

Everybody needs a few luxuries or what's the point in being alive?
Old 28-05-2006, 02:12   #53
God Member

So, if I take all your luxuries, you'll kill yourself.

Don't think so. you don't need them, you just want them, we all do. If you had no money, you'd find a way to survive. My grandad survived in france for two years with no money. Although I don't think we'd be allowed to steal to survive, but anyway.
Old 28-05-2006, 10:23   #54
God Member

Quote:
Your still getting mixed up between needing money and is it important. You need money to but things to live, other than that it's not important. You can do without the car, plenty people have never had a car. You can go with booze, without your holiday, pc's internet, phone, tv. You don't need them to live, therefore any more than a basic amount of money, you don't need and it's not important. when on income support, the government only give you enough to live on, if money was important they'd give you some for holidays ant booze.
Anyway you can get a job that pays lodgings food and clothes, then you don't need any money.
ABSOLUTE PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 13:30   #55
Resting in Peace

Don't think you going to win this one Hatter, all to do with the Status Quo and what we expect. We are lucky, as a Nation, that most people have the means to go out for a drink, own a car, a mobile phone and a good holiday once a year. When you can't, this is what makes you unhappy 'cause you don't feel you part of the norm. your on the outside so to speak. I would be extremely miserable and unhappy.

Think what Butty was getting at is that how dare David Cameron with so much money make such a statement !! To me only sends out messages, that with all his money he is not very happy.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 13:37   #56
God Member

Quote:
So switch off your pc for a while, if you don't need it! If it's not important why do you spend so much time attached to it?

My point is that you probably don't need ALL those things but in order to maintain the quality of life that you want, you need some of them!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 14:27   #57
white rabbits

AS I VOTED NO AND I STILL THINK MONEY IS NOT IMPORTANT... I HAVE TO BACK MADHATTER UP.... COME ON M.H.. LETS GET DRUNK
Old 28-05-2006, 14:54   #58
white rabbits

sorry..the capital lock was on...
Old 28-05-2006, 14:57   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
AS I VOTED NO AND I STILL THINK MONEY IS NOT IMPORTANT... I HAVE TO BACK MADHATTER UP.... COME ON M.H.. LETS GET DRUNK

Where will you get the money from? Surely alcohol is a luxury that you do not need!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2006, 15:35   #60
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Is Money Important?

It would be ever so nice if people called me by my name katex. It is Jambutty not Butty or any other abbreviation.

However let me put it all this way. To quote Mr. Macawber from a Dickens novel.
Earn 20 shillings, spend 19 shillings and 11 pence – happiness.
Earn 20 shillings, spend 20 shillings and 1 pence – misery.

For those members who do not understand Pounds, Shillings and Pence let me put it this way:
Earn £20, spend £19.99 – happiness.
Earn £20, spend £20.01 – misery.

Does that make sense?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..