Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Is Money Important?
Yes 20 42.55%
Yes up to a point 24 51.06%
No 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 16:32   #76

Re: Is Money Important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
people spend time going to work to earn money so you can get a car and use expensive fuel, to just it going around the corner to the pub to save time walking there.
And they use huge people carriers to get one child five hundred yards to school......... Money can't matter to these people because if it did they'd walk.

Money matters to all of us whether we like it or not. If you have lots of it you need it to maintain the lifestyle you're accustomed to and if you have very little it matters more pressingly. Anyone who says it doesn't matter to them is lying to us and to themselves.
Old 01-06-2006, 16:44   #77
God Member

A basic standard of living matters, money doesn't. You don't even need money, you could go and work for somebody in return for goods and services, accomodtion. I kept my ex for eight years, she never worked, and never signed, she never had any money, I paid for everything, flat, bills, food, clothes, nights out, drinks, telephone, mobiles, sky tv. So money certainly wasn't important to her.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 17:30   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
A basic standard of living matters, money doesn't. You don't even need money, you could go and work for somebody in return for goods and services, accomodtion. I kept my ex for eight years, she never worked, and never signed, she never had any money, I paid for everything, flat, bills, food, clothes, nights out, drinks, telephone, mobiles, sky tv. So money certainly wasn't important to her.
dont think it would be very important to anyone with a sucker paying for nights out and everything else.
Old 01-06-2006, 18:41   #79
God Member

Interesting observation, but think about it, there must have been a reason I did it. So how does that make me a sucker?
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 20:57   #80
Give, give, give member

Blimey, who's going around voting in all these old polls?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 20:58   #81
God Member

i am but only cos they keep popping up
Old 30-01-2008, 10:10   #82
white rabbits

Oooh wasent i gobby in 2006,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but my opinion is still the same
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 10:12   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
David Cameron has been quoted as stating that money is not important but happiness is.

Isn’t it strange that it is always those who have loads of money, turn round and tell us who have little or no money to spare that money isn’t everything and happiness counts for more?

Now that the readers have got over their collective apoplectic fit and calmed down from an uncontrollable rage – how do you view money?
As I've only just rejioned the forum I haven't read all the replies on this thread. To me money is not important to how you live your life, there are far important more things. As long as I have enough to pay my way I'm happy. I can once remember being iterviewed by Anthony Howard for the Panarama program around 1990, at meeting being address by Michael Heseltine, his question was does it not make you jealous of people like Michael Heseltine a multi millionaire, you comming from a working class family. My answer was short and sweet "I leave jealousy to socalist like you Anthony" at which he turned and walked away
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..