Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Is Money Important?
Yes 20 42.55%
Yes up to a point 24 51.06%
No 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2006, 12:01   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Is Money Important?

David Cameron has been quoted as stating that money is not important but happiness is.

Isn’t it strange that it is always those who have loads of money, turn round and tell us who have little or no money to spare that money isn’t everything and happiness counts for more?

Now that the readers have got over their collective apoplectic fit and calmed down from an uncontrollable rage – how do you view money?

Last edited by jambutty; 23-05-2006 at 12:04.
jambutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2006, 12:10   #2
white rabbits

Re: Is Money Important?

when we got married nearly 45 years ago we diddent have two pennies to rub together,,and we still love each other very dearly. .. my friends that married because their boyfriends had money and a car,, are all devorced or unhappy...
Old 23-05-2006, 12:12   #3
God Member

I view money as a non necessary luxury, although that does depend on what you mean by money, you obviously need the basic amount to live on and keep warm. I don't need money, it doesn't buy true happiness, it can buy you a happy boost but it doesn't last long. At one time I when I was younger, 19, i was signing on, and I had giros 6 weeks old going out of date. I was happy, but if money was that vital I'd have needed to have cashed them in.
I do class myself as lucky though, in not having to beg for a loaf of bread, or a cup of tea. A basic amount is survival, but more isn't necessary for happiness and won't necessarily make you happier.
edit as gc says I think a good partner is far more likely to make a person happier, or good friends good company.

I think kids have too much money spent on them nowdays, it's all about money.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody

Last edited by Madhatter; 23-05-2006 at 12:34.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 12:20   #4
Senior Member+

Money does not make me happy my hubby makes me happy and my 2 children makes me happy and my mum and dad makes me happy things that i have no control over make me happy.

I can control weather i get money or not simply by turning up to work. I need money to live i dont go to work because it makes me happy i go to work because it gives me money and i need money to help me and my family survive.

I dont understand why they dont just make more money!!

If you want to give me money then i would have no control over this and i would be happy..
Old 23-05-2006, 12:27   #5
white rabbits

We Have Had Our Share Of Scrapeing A Crust,, But Now We Are Retired We Are Allright..its A Shame We Haddent A Bit More Money When The Kids Were Young,but Then We Wouldent Have Had As Much Pleasure Making Our Own Fun,ie Going On Picnics Or Saving Up For One Day At Blackpool Etc
Old 23-05-2006, 12:32   #6
God Member

ah yes gc the holidays to blackpool, we went on mystery train trips to, magical days, all provided by our parents by scraping pennies together. So happy we were, no fancy toys no foriegn holidays, just me my brother and mum n dad even though they weren't my real mum, dad n brother they were to me.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 12:39   #7
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
, just me my brother and mum n dad even though they weren't my real mum, dad n brother they were to me.
Now that is what i call happiness ,,,,,,,worth more than all the tea in china
Old 23-05-2006, 12:40   #8
God Member

I would assume that all those clowns who voted 'No' (shame we can't see who) will now place all their bank notes in the white recycling bag and dump their loose change in the blue recycling box. Alternatively, give it to me at saturday's Accy web meet.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 12:45   #9
white rabbits

I voted NO tealeaf....
Old 23-05-2006, 12:59   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i voted up to a point, must agree with tealeaf on people who voted no, so if you don,t like him,give it me on sat.
Old 23-05-2006, 13:02   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
i voted up to a point, must agree with tealeaf on people who voted no, so if you don,t like him,give it me on sat.
Looks like Cashy & me will be on free beer saturday night!

Last edited by Tealeaf; 23-05-2006 at 13:13.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 13:11   #12

Too right it's important

Yours
The Capitalist
Old 23-05-2006, 13:17   #13

Give me money and i will spend it wisely for you by doing the good deed in my signature...

Blackburn Rovers Supporters Football Club

Club Website: www.brsfc.com
wozaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2006, 13:21   #14
white rabbits

The Beatles sang Give me money thats all i want....cant say its done them all that much good..I.M.H.O.
Old 23-05-2006, 13:27   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats cos it wasnt their song g.c. they took it from barret strong lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..