Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2009, 18:31   #16
God Member

Re: Is this Justice?

I have made my opinion clear before on matters of this nature, we need proper deterrents, not encouragement, it isnt too many years ago that one could say 'only in America' but every crime once only rife in places like USA are commonplace here, other country have very severe penalties for crime, and have a lesser crime rate, it is one of the reasons that people queue up to come here! We ARE heading for a society with many vigilantes in my opinion.
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2009, 18:45   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

right well what this newspaper story amounts to is= if it was implemented, all the druggies that nearly became muggers,but didn't quite have the balls,will descend on all you good people n mug you, cos no fear of retribution, it don't get much simpler than that! have a nice day.
Old 07-03-2009, 18:46   #18
God Member

i think teh govenment hides teh payments under the severe disability payments scheme

heres one quick story i found

100,000 drug addicts and alcoholics on benefits - Telegraph

basicly you get incapacity because your on teh sick , then you get disability allowance which is about £250 every 4 weeks and then they get carers allowance as they cant cope with everyday life and various other things which i think is about a further £20 a week but i would have to look deeper into it

not a bad income realy and on top of all thatthey get rent and council tax paid for and are probably entitled to a little income support as well

like i said not %100 on this ive just had a quick look around and it maybe that they are hiding under severe disability and using that money for booze but im pretty sure one alcholic that liked to brag said the socialservices paid himcout so it may be a seperate payment alltogether

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 18:50   #19
Senior Member+

Never heard of these payments myself but will do a little digging!
Old 07-03-2009, 18:51   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
"A newspaper report that suggests"...since when has a suggestion in a the newspaper been the law?
Do alcoholics and drug addicts really get extra money put into bank accounts? it's all hearsay... someone told me this and someone told me that ....playground gossip!
suprised at you mancie. ya don't live in "Buckingham Palace" do ya?
Old 07-03-2009, 18:58   #21
God Member

Why the surprise?..i'm not gonna start doing my nut over some newspaper report that has not even happend!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 19:01   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Why the surprise?..i'm not gonna start doing my nut over some newspaper report that has not even happend!
suprised ya asking fer proof they get payments, i knew 2 alkies that did, both dead now, just assumed you would know they do. the stipulation is they must be registered.
Old 07-03-2009, 19:05   #23
God Member

I don't know of anyone getting "extra payments" for alcohol or drug abuse...I read Accymans post from the Telegraph but it don't mention extra payments....if extra payments are given then it's a plain disgrace...and stupid
Old 07-03-2009, 19:08   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I don't know of anyone getting "extra payments" for alcohol or drug abuse...I read Accymans post from the Telegraph but it don't mention extra payments....if extra payments are given then it's a plain disgrace...and stupid
it used to be £5 a day fer alkies as far as i know.
Old 07-03-2009, 19:14   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it used to be £5 a day fer alkies as far as i know.
£5? not much then... can't even get a decent bottle of Claret for a fiver!
Old 07-03-2009, 19:17   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
i'm talking many years ago mancie,god knows what it is now.
Old 07-03-2009, 19:33   #27
God Member

from what i figure they scrapped the extra money for booze scheme and allowed them to claim D.L.A hence hiding them from exposure, they could have a job and still qualify for D.L.A as it isnt means tested

in effect you could work full time , go see your doctor, tell him your dependant on booze and get a consierable amount of money on top of your wage tax free , also if you can prove your boozing effects your ability to get around you may also qualify for mobility allowance which hopefully dosnt mean you will be given a car but the money instead which is around £200 every 4 weeks

considering how low your weekly level of intake of alcohol need to be to be considered to be having a drink problem im surprised everyone isnt getting it

quite a good life been an alcholic isnt it , you bring misery to those around you and get paid shed loads to keep doing it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 07-03-2009 at 19:36.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 21:34   #28
Beacon of light

Quote:
"A newspaper report that suggests"...since when has a suggestion in a the newspaper been the law?
Do alcoholics and drug addicts really get extra money put into bank accounts? it's all hearsay... someone told me this and someone told me that ....playground gossip!
This was passed into law last year without opposition.
And it isn't playground gossip that drug addicts and alcoholics get benefits to pay for their habit.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 21:48   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And it isn't playground gossip that drug addicts and alcoholics get benefits to pay for their habit.
No, sadly it is true.

I don't know how much is paid but if you are certified as an alcoholic by a doctor then you are entitled to money.

Very unfair, in my opinion.
Old 07-03-2009, 21:48   #30
God Member

Quote:
Oh yes you can....claret meaning red....6 bottles for 5 Euros at the local supermarket and drinkable.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..